Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Photos of Thiago and fabinho training with the team were put up today
Nice seeing you back in here mate! Used to look forward to all of your views but rarely see you around anymore. And the bearer of good news which is great!

Personally don't think either will start. Especially not Fabinho.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nice seeing you back in here mate! Used to look forward to all of your views but rarely see you around anymore. And the bearer of good news which is great!

Personally don't think either will start. Especially not Fabinho.
Yeah I do login daily and have a lurk but don't post so much anymore.

I don't think they will start either but they can't be too far off

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah I do login daily and have a lurk but don't post so much anymore.

I don't think they will start either but they can't be too far off
Shame mate. Always liked your contributions, especially on here. Too few regulars chatting about Liverpool these days. Shame.

Yeah. Going by Klopp's previous behaviour I doubt they'd start, but can definitely see them off the bench. I seem to remember him talking about players needing a full week's training at least before they can be considered in the team? Coming back from a serious injury that is.

Considering how depleted our stocks are, and how hectic our schedule is going to be in the coming months I very much doubt he'll risk either of them.

Biggest loss for me would be Hendo. This game against Leister will be all about heart, and without him it'll be that much harder. Still. Have Gini, Keita, Jones, Minamino for midfield? If Hendo is fit then I'm pretty confident we'll win. Without?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Mane, Bobby, Jota
Keita, Gini, Jones
Robbo, Phillips/Williams, Matip, Milner
Alisson

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Shame mate. Always liked your contributions, especially on here. Too few regulars chatting about Liverpool these days. Shame.

Yeah. Going by Klopp's previous behaviour I doubt they'd start, but can definitely see them off the bench. I seem to remember him talking about players needing a full week's training at least before they can be considered in the team? Coming back from a serious injury that is.

Considering how depleted our stocks are, and how hectic our schedule is going to be in the coming months I very much doubt he'll risk either of them.

Biggest loss for me would be Hendo. This game against Leister will be all about heart, and without him it'll be that much harder. Still. Have Gini, Keita, Jones, Minamino for midfield? If Hendo is fit then I'm pretty confident we'll win. Without?
I don't see a point in Klopp risking them getting injured again. He will probably be okay with a draw against Leicester. They will be dropping points along the way and it is early in the season

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't see a point in Klopp risking them getting injured again. He will probably be okay with a draw against Leicester. They will be dropping points along the way and it is early in the season
Agree though it's clear now that Hendo won't play. Massive massive loss for us. Really going to be a battle for us. Can't wait!

Fabinho is a chance according to Klopp. Going to be interesting seeing how we go about nullifying Vardy ... and if we can actually do that!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It fucking kills me how vague we are with injuries, is it that fucking hard to let us know what's going on? Thiago got hit in the knee? Yh? Well wtf is wrong with his knee from getting a "hit" ffs.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Shame mate. Always liked your contributions, especially on here. Shame.

Think you’ve got it bad mate, you should see the Chelsea fan page....

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Think you’ve got it bad mate, you should see the Chelsea fan page....
Haha. Yeah, true. Just surprised with liverpool doing so well there isn't more talking about them ...

Chelsea are doing alright? Thought Werner would've hit form sooner, but he'll get there. Ziyech has been in pretty good form.

You just need to hope you keep lampard long enough to provide some stability for the club. You guys will go ok this year.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Haha. Yeah, true. Just surprised with liverpool doing so well there isn't more talking about them ...

Chelsea are doing alright? Thought Werner would've hit form sooner, but he'll get there. Ziyech has been in pretty good form.

You just need to hope you keep lampard long enough to provide some stability for the club. You guys will go ok this year.
Nothing to talk about and I can't watch the game so :rage: :rage: :rage:

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think Fabinho will play , but in the midfield. With Henderson out I wouldn’t be surprised if Klopp plays Fab in the middle.
Rhys Williams or Nat Philips to partner Matip in defence.
Milner at right back as Nico Williams is also injured I think.
I quietly confident of getting a result even with our team decimated.

we may get lucky like Man Utd this morning where VAR was their MVP

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think Fabinho will play , but in the midfield. With Henderson out I wouldn’t be surprised if Klopp plays Fab in the middle.
Rhys Williams or Nat Philips to partner Matip in defence.
Milner at right back as Nico Williams is also injured I think.
I quietly confident of getting a result even with our team decimated.

we may get lucky like Man Utd this morning where VAR was their MVP
Love the positivity mate!

Was thinking Fabinho in the midfield, though still unsure? Coming back from injury maybe it's too big an expectation to run as much as he'd need to? Though, it worries me only having Gini inthat midfield to protect the back 4. I'd imagine Keita and possibly Jones will start with him?

At the back? With Vardy playing I'd suspect it'd be Phillips but ... we'll see.

Can't wait for the game personally! Will really show where we're at as a team. Can't wait.

As for United ... unbelievable really but it means Ole stays in the job longer and that can only be good! We just need Ponch to go somewhere else so let's pray United keep winning ;)

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Against Leicester City I'd go:

Alisson

Milner
Matip
Fabinho