Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lovrens gone . Sold to Zenit , i cant say Im sad to see him go.
Not sad to see him go as it was his time. But appreciate what he did for our club.

Hope we get a decent CB into replace. Got a sneaky feeling we'll be putting Fabinho in there as 4th choice, and going for a CM signing.

Love transfer talk. Sucks that we're at the top but can't really buy anyone. Going to be hard watching Sancho at United, and Hatverz + Werner at Chelsea. Without Corona I'd say we would've got 2/3 of those players ...

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I think Gini will be sold, don't think he and the club will agree on an extension so we will likely want to cash in and look to sell. Gini has also expressed his desire to play in a more advanced role and thats something that will rarely happen under Klopp.
I'd sell him to be honest. Curtis Jones & Harvey Elliott need to be given more playing time. Fabinho-Henderson-Keita with Milner, Jones & Ox as backup.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'd sell him to be honest. Curtis Jones & Harvey Elliott need to be given more playing time. Fabinho-Henderson-Keita with Milner, Jones & Ox as backup.
The only reason I'd sell him is if Thiago were to come in his place. Judging by Gini's comments on Twitter though it looks as though he's staying?

Think Curtis will flourish in the next year or so, and with Elliot a little later. But Elliot definitely doesn't play in Gini's role and I think that Jones is still a little too green to be taking over Gini completely.

If I'm honest I'd say selling Ox would be the only midfielder I'd say goodbye to though I'm certainly not asking for him to go. Fab - Hendo - Keita - Gini - Thiago - Milner - Jones - OX is a really good midfield. Really good.

Add another attacker, and at least a left back and I think it'll be good. Don't forget that Minamino will have been at the club for a year by the start of the next season, and I think he'll blossom also.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Kostas Tsimikas has been signed as a back up to Robertson. 11 million pounds.
Quiet signing without the fanfare but Tsimikas has pace , Has a high work rate and is dangerous going forward with very good cross on him.
Im expecting him to improve under Klopp as have most of our players.
I watched him against Wolves and he was very comfortable marking Adama Traore .

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Are we keen on Sarr or not? Not sure what I think of him tbh, drawing comparisons to Mane at a similar age but I honestly don't remember Mane until he joined us.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Are we keen on Sarr or not? Not sure what I think of him tbh, drawing comparisons to Mane at a similar age but I honestly don't remember Mane until he joined us.
Seems as though we are? Obviously it would've been perfect to have got Sancho or Werner but .... Salah, Mane weren't our first choices either apparently so gotta trust in the system.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
You don't remember Mane scoring a hattrick against us?

If Klopp thinks Sarr is worth it then I'd take him.

I've come around on Thiago. I hope that we sign him.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Agree. Think we'll see Sarr and Thiago at Liverpool next season. Actually, I'm certain of it.

Onwards and upwards I say.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

I remember it happened, don't remember it happening though lol.

Sarr is a more like for like replacement for our front 3 and if Klopp can polish his game up like he has done with so many others then he might end up being a great pickup.

Thiago would be great, absolute class and is the type of player that could slot in and immediately make an impact on the squad. Having him would also be good for players like Jones and Keita to learn off.

So Tsimikas, Thiago, Sarr and centre back cover...not a bad window that.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I remember it happened, don't remember it happening though lol.

Sarr is a more like for like replacement for our front 3 and if Klopp can polish his game up like he has done with so many others then he might end up being a great pickup.

Thiago would be great, absolute class and is the type of player that could slot in and immediately make an impact on the squad. Having him would also be good for players like Jones and Keita to learn off.

So Tsimikas, Thiago, Sarr and centre back cover...not a bad window that.
That would be a very good window.

Thiago is an incredible player. Absolutely out of this world.

We've been crying out for a wide player as support for a while now, so Sarr would be good. Of course. Sancho / Werner would be better ;) but I think Sarr is someone Klopp could really develop and potentially step into Salah's shoes when he leaves after this season I think?

Cover for RObertson. Been crying out for that for a while. Jury is out on Neco being a good understudy for Trent but Klopp's confident so ...

We'll see how it all goes obviously but I'm feeling a little better after missing out on Werner / Sancho

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Looks like Thiago is happening, agreement in place between us and Thiago, 4 year deal. Probably won't be official until they're done with the Champions League.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Looks like Thiago is happening, agreement in place between us and Thiago, 4 year deal. Probably won't be official until they're done with the Champions League.
Yes. Just read that. Fucking hell. Quality addition that is!

Add a wide player and we're laughing.

Looking at City they've gotta bring in 5-6 players at a minimum. United also if I'm honest. Arsenal the same. Chelsea similar.

It's always great having new signings, but the key is keeping your best and we're finially doing that!

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
That would be a very good window.

Thiago is an incredible player. Absolutely out of this world.

We've been crying out for a wide player as support for a while now, so Sarr would be good. Of course. Sancho / Werner would be better ;) but I think Sarr is someone Klopp could really develop and potentially step into Salah's shoes when he leaves after this season I think?

Cover for RObertson. Been crying out for that for a while. Jury is out on Neco being a good understudy for Trent but Klopp's confident so ...

We'll see how it all goes obviously but I'm feeling a little better after missing out on Werner / Sancho
Tsimikas was bought as competition for Robbo and from what I have seen of him looks like a good bit of business.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Tsimikas was bought as competition for Robbo and from what I have seen of him looks like a good bit of business.
I think in the past we all would've been quite cautious about such signings as Tsimikas, but looking at our hit rate as a club when it comes to new players coming in ... it's nice to be able to sit back and feel that we'll get it right pretty much most of the time.

I was gutted about Werner going to Chelsea if I'm being honest. Harvertz also. Same with Sanco going to United ... if those last two happen.

But, looking at this way. Werner was 48m & 170k a week. A better package is surely Thiago + Sarr for 60m?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Mohamed Bouhafsi
@mohamedbouhafsi

Agreement between #Liverpool and #Alcantara. Liverpool and the player have reached an agreement over 4 years. The player even announced his departure to England to some of his teammates. Alcantara already found his house. Liverpool and #Bayern must finalize the deal. #RMCsport

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mohamed Bouhafsi
@mohamedbouhafsi

Agreement between #Liverpool and #Alcantara. Liverpool and the player have reached an agreement over 4 years. The player even announced his departure to England to some of his teammates. Alcantara already found his house. Liverpool and #Bayern must finalize the deal. #RMCsport
Will say he's very hit and miss as a source BUT ... Does seem as tho it's happening.

HUGE signing of true. Fucking huge

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
You watched much of Tsimikas mate? Haven't seen any games if I'm honest but people say it's a good buy.
Yeah have seen a bit of him. My mate is a mad Olympiakos fan so have watched a few games with him. Tsimikas has some good pace about him and a wicked cross!! Very much in the mould of Robbo. They certainly didn't buy him as a back-up, bought him cause he will be a big challenge for Robbo