Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Gunna jump in on this. SAF got some stupid talent out of the academy so in terms of turning them into stars - big tick. Not really something Klopp has probably shown in the short term. TAA, Curtis and maybe Elliott don't really compare at this stage.

Klopp on the other hand has taken a system that he developed and brought in above average players and turned them into superstars. SAF played a system to his talent. And he also had the advantage of stupid $$$'s for wages to keep these players at ManU. So from a club financial perspective, Klopp every day.

The big one though is longevity for the club. Hard to say as SAF was around so long, so knowing what he built survives afterwards is moot. Klopp leaves and we may struggle.

TBH, I have a condition where I see a ManU jersey on the ground, I have to put a turd on it so maybe I'm biased a bit. Will say that both SAF and Klopp school Pep every day of the week imv.
Agree about the turd part for sure

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Do I sleep for a few hours or tough it out?
So many things to consider:
- beers, cones or spirits (or some combination)?
- wife toey and kids asleep
- missus watching eurovision
For me - I'm on point 3 (and all of point 1). So I'm posting random shit on the kennel. My fate is decided.....

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Gunna jump in on this. SAF got some stupid talent out of the academy so in terms of turning them into stars - big tick. Not really something Klopp has probably shown in the short term. TAA, Curtis and maybe Elliott don't really compare at this stage.

Klopp on the other hand has taken a system that he developed and brought in above average players and turned them into superstars. SAF played a system to his talent. And he also had the advantage of stupid $$$'s for wages to keep these players at ManU. So from a club financial perspective, Klopp every day.

The big one though is longevity for the club. Hard to say as SAF was around so long, so knowing what he built survives afterwards is moot. Klopp leaves and we may struggle.

TBH, I have a condition where I see a ManU jersey on the ground, I have to put a turd on it so maybe I'm biased a bit. Will say that both SAF and Klopp school Pep every day of the week imv.
The thing is one coach has already left a legacy and has become a coaching legend after 6.5 years , whilst the other had to stay 27 years to achieve those accolades.
If Ferguson departed after 6.5 years I’m not sure they would consider him a legend coach, Klopp on the other hand is a different story, in my opinion.

In the end I think Ferguson stayed way too long, and the repercussions are evident today, 10 years on they still haven’t recovered because he did not leave a progress plan without him .
Not sure we will have that problem with Klopp because the changes he has made and systems he has implemented will ensure future success. Time will tell on that one.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
The thing is one coach has already left a legacy and has become a coaching legend after 6.5 years , whilst the other had to stay 27 years to achieve those accolades.
If Ferguson departed after 6.5 years I’m not sure they would consider him a legend coach, Klopp on the other hand is a different story, in my opinion.

In the end I think Ferguson stayed way too long, and the repercussions are evident today, 10 years on they still haven’t recovered because he did not leave a progress plan without him .
Not sure we will have that problem with Klopp because the changes he has made and systems he has implemented will ensure future success. Time will tell on that one.
This is why a few pages ago I suggested this is a shit argument. The science of football has moved on from the SAF days. Plus u add in the Glazers caused havoc at ManU whereas FSG have worked well with Klopp. None of that is on the managers.

Was trying to say above that both are top tier managers but for slightly different reasons.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Managed to get a few hours sleep in and feel like shit now. I think it's because of the paramount stream though

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Not feeling too good right about now