Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Most pissed off I've seen Klopp with the team in ages. We just switched off when Mane scored and were so casual. No intensity. Gotta lift for Chelsea that's for sure!

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
So what do we need to do to keep up with City? Another midfielder (Tchouameni), RB (Calvin Ramsay) and attacker (Nunez, Raphinha). Do we retain Mane, Salah and Bobby or look at letting one of them go? Hopefully Elliott can kick on this year and Naby can build on his relatively injury free season. Not much needs to happen in defence unless Gomez moves on.
Out: Origi, Firmino, Ox, Minamino, Phillips, Davies, Woodburn & Ojo.

In: Carvalho, Nunez/Raphinha, Bellingham/Tchouameni & a RB.

Or give Kylian Mbappe whatever he wants.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

I don't think Bellingham is an option this window with Haaland leaving but Tchouameni does appear likely going off some reports in France. I'd consider rage selling Salah lol, but I and others probably said the same about Mane earlier in the season. I just can't believe how bad Salah looks right now, still chipped in with some assists with the goals drying up but he's dead set useless Infront of goal. Hopefully he shows up in the finals with some big performances, especially against Real Madrid. We need him to if we want to win and it would be a good way for him to finish the season and overcome at least one of his mental hurdles that seem to be playing on his mind.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I don't think Bellingham is an option this window with Haaland leaving but Tchouameni does appear likely going off some reports in France. I'd consider rage selling Salah lol, but I and others probably said the same about Mane earlier in the season. I just can't believe how bad Salah looks right now, still chipped in with some assists with the goals drying up but he's dead set useless Infront of goal. Hopefully he shows up in the finals with some big performances, especially against Real Madrid. We need him to if we want to win and it would be a good way for him to finish the season and overcome at least one of his mental hurdles that seem to be playing on his mind.
Losing to Mane twice in Africa seems to have killed his confidence. That along with his contract drama and just fatigue.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

I’m not disagreeing with you , I’d keep Bobby though . But those you have listed to be released would get a draw against Manchester United if given the opportunity to play them :tongueclosed:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Losing to Mane twice in Africa seems to have killed his confidence. That along with his contract drama and just fatigue.
Mane meanwhile looks to have lifted off the back of these wins, his move central may have also helped. Yes Salah definitely needs a break and we've been saying it for a while, sort out his contract and then just have a break away. Really think he should get a different manager also, don't think he had really helped all that much though all this. He has played a lot of football these last few years.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Mane meanwhile looks to have lifted off the back of these wins, his move central may have also helped. Yes Salah definitely needs a break and we've been saying it for a while, sort out his contract and then just have a break away. Really think he should get a different manager also, don't think he had really helped all that much though all this. He has played a lot of football these last few years.
Also needs to retire from international football.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Spot on tight this I think. Would love to see Mbappe tho!

Were you the one going on about Camavigna at Madrid? You seem to be spot on there, looks a real talent.

What do you think of Tchouameni? Seems to be a lot of mail that we're at the head of the queue for him, and sounds like a top top player.

Read a lot that Barca already got an agreement for Raphinha tho I'm not sure if that's based on relegation.

Have warmed to your suggestion of Nunez. Will Origi and one of the front 3 going we need another attacker on top of Carvalho who I think will be moulded into a Bobby clone.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’m not disagreeing with you , I’d keep Bobby though . But those you have listed to be released would get a draw against Manchester United if given the opportunity to play them :tongueclosed:
I love Bobby. Just such positive energy but one of those front 3 has to go imo and I'd say he's the most replaceable? Or maybe not? Have missed him in recent weeks as Jota's been poor off the bench

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wolves tonight, eh? Don't hold out much hope in all honesty and think city will blast them away in the first 30 like they do all teams.

We can only hope tho!

Any news on Fab's injury? I'd imagine he won't play till Paris if at all

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wolves tonight, eh? Don't hold out much hope in all honesty and think city will blast them away in the first 30 like they do all teams.

We can only hope tho!

Any news on Fab's injury? I'd imagine he won't play till Paris if at all
most hamstring injuries are normally 2-3 wks minimum i doubt fab will play again this season, i reckon wolves game will be a draw

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
most hamstring injuries are normally 2-3 wks minimum i doubt fab will play again this season, i reckon wolves game will be a draw
We'll see. It was a strange one when he did it and wasn't clear tbh. Felt that he actually wanted to stay on?

Can't see him being risked against Chelsea personally.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We'll see. It was a strange one when he did it and wasn't clear tbh. Felt that he actually wanted to stay on?

Can't see him being risked against Chelsea personally.
use should be able to beat chelsea with or without fabinho in the final its more the champions league final where use will need him more

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Let me throw this question out.

Would u lose Mane and Salah to get Mbappe (given a commitment to gen-gen)?

To me, Mane has always had a bad touch and is wasteful. He does position well though and can finish tough chances easily on occasion. Salah plays like I score first which is fine, except now that he's off. Both are burning more chances than I have spliffs.

Put Mbappe in and get him to commit to high pressing, frees up Jota/Nunes - more clinical than the above (imv). Always felt that as good as Malah is - get two really clinical guys up there who are quick and its party time.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Let me throw this question out.

Would u lose Mane and Salah to get Mbappe (given a commitment to gen-gen)?

To me, Mane has always had a bad touch and is wasteful. He does position well though and can finish tough chances easily on occasion. Salah plays like I score first which is fine, except now that he's off. Both are burning more chances than I have spliffs.

Put Mbappe in and get him to commit to high pressing, frees up Jota/Nunes - more clinical than the above (imv). Always felt that as good as Malah is - get two really clinical guys up there who are quick and its party time.
Good question but no.

Just don't know if Mbappe would be the right fit for us? Salah especially is in bad form, but both still have got a shitload of goals this year and contribute so much to the team.

Just don't know about Mbappe? Seems to be very money driven, so straight up that's a red flag.

Don't know. Definitely not BOTH of them.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Spot on tight this I think. Would love to see Mbappe tho!

Were you the one going on about Camavigna at Madrid? You seem to be spot on there, looks a real talent.

What do you think of Tchouameni? Seems to be a lot of mail that we're at the head of the queue for him, and sounds like a top top player.

Read a lot that Barca already got an agreement for Raphinha tho I'm not sure if that's based on relegation.

Have warmed to your suggestion of Nunez. Will Origi and one of the front 3 going we need another attacker on top of Carvalho who I think will be moulded into a Bobby clone.
Yeah it was me who wanted Camavinga. Tchouameni is a good player but reminds me more of a younger Paul Pogba. He's 22 already though. Camavinga was 18 a year ago & Bellingham is 18 now.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Good question but no.

Just don't know if Mbappe would be the right fit for us? Salah especially is in bad form, but both still have got a shitload of goals this year and contribute so much to the team.

Just don't know about Mbappe? Seems to be very money driven, so straight up that's a red flag.

Mbappe would be the best player in the world if he played for us with Klopp as manager. He would win the next 3 Ballon d'Or.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Good question but no.

OK with the fit argument but how many of either Malah's goals they have made themselves recently? Say in the last 12 months? They finish chances created by others. Put in someone more clinical and might be interesting.

Think the money though is a bad argument. Dude's had cash+ thrown at him since the Monaco days. Lots of media noise.

Just saying that if Malah has deposited a quarter more chances than they have, we have two in the bag and a super chance of two more.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mbappe would be the best player in the world if he played for us with Klopp as manager. He would win the next 3 Ballon d'Or.
Possibly? I certainly don't know enough about him to be able to really say, but I do question whether he's the right fit. We've already tried to get him here under Klopp, haven't we? But he went to PSG? Am I right in remembering that?

Just feel that if he moves, it'll be to Madrid and we would never be able to match his wage demands.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
OK with the fit argument but how many of either Malah's goals they have made themselves recently? Say in the last 12 months? They finish chances created by others. Put in someone more clinical and might be interesting.

Think the money though is a bad argument. Dude's had cash+ thrown at him since the Monaco days. Lots of media noise.

Just saying that if Malah has deposited a quarter more chances than they have, we have two in the bag and a super chance of two more.
Hmm. While I've been really disappointed with Salah's form of late, we could've said the same about Mane at the start of the year.

Salah was absolutely carving it up at the start of the year with exceptional goals he completely created himself against City and Norwich from memory? Mane has scored some really important goals of late also, no? 2 goals in the CL and FA Cup semi-finals? Don't know mate. Think you're downplaying their form a little ...

Honestly though, I'm more inclined to selling Salah now as something isn't right about him. His last game against Spurs, Jesus he made some absolutely shocking decisions with the ball at his feet and he seems to do this most games in reality ... That being said though, he's still an incredible player going through a rough patch.

Money is a bad argument? Perhaps. But, wait and see what's going to happen to the market after the Haaland transfer. We'd never pay those wages, and that's what Mbappe will be asking for.

It's a good topic though. At the start of the year I wouldn't have even thuoght about it, but with Salah in the form he's in ...