Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
VVD was terrible. Really. He did some good things, some covering tackles, but it honestly seemed like none of the back 4 had ever played together. No one trusted the other.
He was rattled big time. The big issue was our communication like you mentioned, normally he's blasting players all game but I barely saw him talking.

I know we defend by getting numbers around the ball but surely we should've adapted after we saw what they were doing? We would have 5-6 players occupying a small space where maybe 1 or 2 attackers were, fail to block the cross and then act surprised when we're outnumbered at back post? I bet Pep will be all over the footage, dude is crazy lol.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He was rattled big time. The big issue was our communication like you mentioned, normally he's blasting players all game but I barely saw him talking.

I know we defend by getting numbers around the ball but surely we should've adapted after we saw what they were doing? We would have 5-6 players occupying a small space where maybe 1 or 2 attackers were, fail to block the cross and then act surprised when we're outnumbered at back post? I bet Pep will be all over the footage, dude is crazy lol.
Remember Klopp mentioning it before actually. Well, I seem to remember anyway ...

Something along the lines that VVD can drop his head when the chips are down. Doesn't happen often but really did yesterday

Across the park we were off. Crosses getting into the box way too easily. No numbering up in defence.

It almost seemed like at times as we were acting as a group of individuals rather than a team. VVD would jump out of the line, forcing Matip to cover and the whole backline had to shift. Then Matip would do the same. Trent and Robbo also.

It's all about the reaction and they're good enough to come back from this result, but it was disappointing simply because we know in these areas we're so much better

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
1632653146603.png

Look where Hendo is. And TAA again with three attackers. Happened time and again throughout the game, and I'm completely puzzled as to why?

Everyone knows that TAA needs that extra support in defence. Especially after the first goals. But we didn't wake up. Wasn't good enough

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Klopp has named 3 new captains. This is the captain order now:

1. Henderson
2. Milner
3. VVD
4. TAA
5. Robertson
6. Alisson

Surprised that Salah & Mane didn’t make it.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Klopp has named 3 new captains. This is the captain order now:

1. Henderson
2. Milner
3. VVD
4. TAA
5. Robertson
6. Alisson

Surprised that Salah & Mane didn’t make it.
Especially Salah. Wasn't there a while thing about ages or some shit not that long ago when Salah got shitty about not being captain?

Either way, I believe this list is decided by the players? I think I read that somewhere

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Especially Salah. Wasn't there a while thing about ages or some shit not that long ago when Salah got shitty about not being captain?

Either way, I believe this list is decided by the players? I think I read that somewhere
Yeah it was voted on by the players.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Keita fit and travelled, TAA didn't travel but we have no news?? Thiago in crutches so possibly a grade 2 calf tear and that's a 4-8 week recovery.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Maybe resting him ? Didn’t have the best of games against Brentford.
Joe Gomez to right back?
I'm not sure, depends on who plays midfield I guess. I wonder if Kostas could play RB? Looks like he has a decent right foot on him haha. It will probably be Milner bur I'm not against seeing Gomez get a run there.

I'm still waiting for Taki to get another run, he has a good game and then disappears for a month and then we wonder why our backup options can't perform well enough. Champions League Origi looks like he's back so he's another option haha.

I'd probably run a 442/424 whatever you want to call it but I don't have a clue what sort of shape Porto are in right now and it's more a lineup out of curiosity. Taki, Bobby, Origi, Salah, Milner, Fabinho, Kostas, VVD, Konate, Gomez

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Keita fit and travelled, TAA didn't travel but we have no news?? Thiago in crutches so possibly a grade 2 calf tear and that's a 4-8 week recovery.
Q
I'm not sure, depends on who plays midfield I guess. I wonder if Kostas could play RB? Looks like he has a decent right foot on him haha. It will probably be Milner bur I'm not against seeing Gomez get a run there.

I'm still waiting for Taki to get another run, he has a good game and then disappears for a month and then we wonder why our backup options can't perform well enough. Champions League Origi looks like he's back so he's another option haha.

I'd probably run a 442/424 whatever you want to call it but I don't have a clue what sort of shape Porto are in right now and it's more a lineup out of curiosity. Taki, Bobby, Origi, Salah, Milner, Fabinho, Kostas, VVD, Konate, Gomez
He'll prob start Div over Taki tho I guess? Shame cause I'd really like to see more of Taki.

With the City game on the weekend, we need to be careful with who we play tonight. I'd say it's going to be 3 new players in the backline. Milner. Gomez. Tsi. Keita perhaps or maybe he's rested for the weekend? Definitely at least one forward rested?

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Kostas has never played on the right before . Would be a first for him. a Neco Williams is in the squad but there’s no way Klopp plays him.

Taki should have been given more minutes. I’d be surprised if he starts this game. We have the international break coming up and I’m thinking Klopp will field a string forwatd line. he will want the 3 points.
Porto are decent team but if we plays to the high press tempo that we can play we will beat them .

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Kostas has never played on the right before . Would be a first for him. a Neco Williams is in the squad but there’s no way Klopp plays him.

Taki should have been given more minutes. I’d be surprised if he starts this game. We have the international break coming up and I’m thinking Klopp will field a string forwatd line. he will want the 3 points.
Porto are decent team but if we plays to the high press tempo that we can play we will beat them .
Gotta win this game. After the performance on the weekend, we need a reply. They need to step up and be counted. All of them. Including Klopp. Can't wait personally.