CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

All 3 goals Matip are all avoidable.
You really have a weird obsession with Matip, he was poor but VVD was worse and more at fault imo. He's literally marking thin air in these attacks. At the end of the day they found a flaw in our system and we didn't really do anything to counter it other than trying to outscore them by sending on an extra attacker.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

All 3 goals Matip are all avoidable.
Agree, but what I will say is that Matip had to go to the front of his player as that's where he should be positioned. He has to be between the kicker and his player.

For me the issue is with the midfield. Not just with the first one where TAA did pretty well to stop the initial header going in. But there was no one around him to help with the second ball. Why?

Matip didn't have a good game but VVD was worse. We didn't react to the challenges thrown at us. We didn't adjust. We didn't learn. Our on game intelligence was terrible

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You really have a weird obsession with Matip, he was poor but VVD was worse and more at fault imo. He's literally marking thin air in these attacks. At the end of the day they found a flaw in our system and we didn't really do anything to counter it other than trying to outscore them by sending on an extra attacker.
Yeah. Completely agree with this. Completely. Bravo Brentford

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Matips position is Right CB, positioned closest to TAA who was targeted, look where he was positioned in the 1st goal , and look at the 2nd and 3rd goals.
No one is denying VVD didn’t have the best of games but he wasn’t worse than Matip imo.
I don’t rate the Matip , I think k we have better options, I didn’t rate Lovren either, he pissed off and we won CLand PL with VVD and Gomez as centre backs .
Its no weird obsession, I just don’t rate Matip, I think we have better options, he is lucky to be playing in a great football team.
He is slow, has no athleticism and is clumsy .
VVD Gomez centre back pairing against City or they test us apart.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Brentdords tactics where nothing groundbreaking, play direct target the right side and use strength/ speedto get the better of you opponent .
VVD is not 100% ready….Matip on the other hand has no strength or speed in his game.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Matips position is Right CB, positioned closest to TAA who was targeted, look where he was positioned in the 1st goal , and look at the 2nd and 3rd goals.
No one is denying VVD didn’t have the best of games but he wasn’t worse than Matip imo.
I don’t rate the Matip , I think k we have better options, I didn’t rate Lovren either, he pissed off and we won CLand PL with VVD and Gomez as centre backs .
Its no weird obsession, I just don’t rate Matip, I think we have better options, he is lucky to be playing in a great football team.
Of course VVD was worse than Matip, you sound like Liverpool Twitter that won't say a bad word about him haha. VVD got beat early in the air and from then out he looked like he was having a tantrum. Constantly our of position, poor awareness, diving into tackles, lack of communication, etc. He was awful, genuinely looked like he didn't want to be there.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I know what you're saying and agree he had a bad game. He rushed up a few times and got completely caught out of position, and generally wasn't great.

I've got one goal in mind where TAA was on the back post with 3 Brentford players. VVD had been dragged left so Matip had to go also to avoid too much space between the two.

Matip had a choice. Go in front or behind his player. He went Infront of his player, closest to the ball player, which is generally the right choice. But, by doing this he left 4 players behind him and only TAA.

The fault here was with the midfield and not one player being there to help TAA or Matip. Not initially and not with the second ball.

Not defending Matip as he had an ordinary game, but think the midfield is being overlooked too much in the criticism. Fab, Hendo, Cujo and Salah all should've done better defensively especially when it was clear they were targeting TAA

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Brentdords tactics where nothing groundbreaking, play direct target the right side and use strength/ speedto get the better of you opponent .
VVD is not 100% ready….Matip on the other hand has no strength or speed in his game.
That's why it's so disappointing. Basic shit like dragging VVD or Matip out wide, leaving a gaping hole in the defense. Basic shit but we didn't react or learn.

VVD is the leader in that backline but he was found wanting. Sorry. We can say he's short of fitness, ok. But, this was largely a communication thing. How didn't we learn from this?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Of course VVD was worse than Matip, you sound like Liverpool Twitter that won't say a bad word about him haha. VVD got beat early in the air and from then out he looked like he was having a tantrum. Constantly our of position, poor awareness, diving into tackles, lack of communication, etc. He was awful, genuinely looked like he didn't want to be there.
VVD was terrible. Really. He did some good things, some covering tackles, but it honestly seemed like none of the back 4 had ever played together. No one trusted the other.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'd also put the Greek lad in. Robbo was shit in the cup game when he came ok also