Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
They wasted like 2 minutes in injury time and this **** balls it? Fuck off

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Shocking defensive display. So so bad. Haven't seen such amateurism display in a long time. Didn't learn a thing as the game went on.

Clear penalty on Jota not given, but we didn't deserve to win in all honesty.

I like this Brentford side. Some real balls about them. Credit.

Top ... but City will put 10 past us if we defend like that. Terrible.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
2 points dropped. Rubbish defending , if you’re coneeding 3 goals against Brentdord then you know you’ve played shit at the back.
But those misses by Salah and Mane when we were up 3-2 have proven very costly.We had our chances.
You kill the game off right there. Can we get Gomez back in the team or even Konate, we need some athleticism especially when you play big physical teams that play direct.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Shocking defensive display. So so bad. Haven't seen such amateurism display in a long time. Didn't learn a thing as the game went on.

Clear penalty on Jota not given, but we didn't deserve to win in all honesty.

I like this Brentford side. Some real balls about them. Credit.

Top ... but City will put 10 past us if we defend like that. Terrible.
Yep I’ve seen those penalties given ,blatant push in the back inside the box.
Based on the chances we created and missed we did deserved to win the game .Their keeper had a blinder and we were shocking at that back .
The defence problem can be rectified with some personnel changes ( cough cough).
We dropped 2 points because of our mistakes.
Brentdord will cause other teams problems too, they are a big hard working team.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yep I’ve seen those penalties given ,blatant push in the back inside the box.
Based on the chances we created and missed we did deserved to win the game .Their keeper had a blinder and we were shocking at that back .
The defence problem can be rectified with some personnel changes ( cough cough).
We dropped 2 points because of our mistakes.
Brentdord will cause other teams problems too, they are a big hard working team.
Matip wasn't great today. VVD worse. Trent and Robbo the same. Fab not much better

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I just can't believe how bad our centre backs were today, they just looked totally disorganised and got man handled. I thought VVD looked poor in his return games from injury but that was the absolute worst I've seen him play, didn't even look like he was trying at times. Midfield was poor tracking back, not a single one of them was helping out Trent at backpost when they were sending 3 attackers at him ffs.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I just can't believe how bad our centre backs were today, they just looked totally disorganised and got man handled. I thought VVD looked poor in his return games from injury but that was the absolute worst I've seen him play, didn't even look like he was trying at times. Midfield was poor tracking back, not a single one of them was helping out Trent at backpost when they were sending 3 attackers at him ffs.
Still can't believe how bad we were.defensively. doesn't make sense tbh. It's like they weren't communicating with each other. Fab also was shite. Fucking hell

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mobility wise he’s definitely still not 100% that’s obvious . Which is why I’m surprised Klopp would partner him with the slow and sometimes clumsy Matip.
Klopp should have thrown on Gomez or Konate as it was evident both VVD and Matip had problems dealing with the directness of Brentfords attack.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mobility wise he’s definitely still not 100% that’s obvious . Which is why I’m surprised Klopp would partner him with the slow and sometimes clumsy Matip.
Klopp should have thrown on Gomez or Konate as it was evident both VVD and Matip had problems dealing with the directness of Brentfords attack.
For both of the goals scored on Trent, Matip was no where to be seen. They really isolated TAA superbly Brentford. MAn I was impressed with them. We still should've won but ...

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You know my feelings about Matip. He should be 4th choice CB .
I get that Gomez is being eased back in because he has had an injury prone career and that Konate is still adjusting to PL football , but we haven’t won anything with the likes of Matip at that back.
His last 2 games he has just looked very clumsy/ awkward at times.
VVD as I’ve said is not 100% and today he struggled physically, looked sluggish .

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You know my feelings about Matip. He should be 4th choice CB .
I get that Gomez is being eased back in because he has had an injury prone career and that Konate is still adjusting to PL football , but we haven’t won anything with the likes of Matip at that back.
His last 2 games he has just looked very clumsy/ awkward at times.
VVD as I’ve said is not 100% and today he struggled physically, looked sluggish .
Honestly felt that Matip had a really really good start to the season, but today he was shite ... as were all of the back four.

Will be interesting seeing how Klopp reacts. Does he protect his players? It's what I expect he'll do, so he'll start with the same team so that they have the opportunity to prove a point.

Personally I'd be putting Gomez and the Greek lad in there.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fahhhk!!!

Just watched the goals we copped…shambolic amateurish defence. High balls causing all sorts of grief for us…and the same old story of spurned chances comes back to bite us on the arse. Points dropped by all the big club except Shitty.
Does Jurgen respond with selections? Defensive frailties highlighted by a big strong direct team.
City next week eh boys!!!??

Paul Depodesta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
How the fuck do we draw with a championship team, and not only draw let 3 goals past
vvd meant to be the best centre back his was shit, whole defence was shit
klopp makes 1 sub…. its like were to scared to give klopp a serve coz he got us the PL, his subs are shit
getting outplayed by brentford, drag someone off set and example
had the easiest run of the top 4 and could be sitting behind Brighton tomorrow

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
BrentFord aren’t a bad side. Leeds came up from the championship 2 years ago and did very well in the PL.
I think Brentford will do well also from what I saw.
Scoring 3 goals should be enough 95% of the time to get you the 3 points.
Our defence was shambolic, they targeted TAA Matip‘s side and they were rewarded.
Klopp could have fixed this especially after we were up 3-2 but he didn’t.
We play Man City after the international break and they dominated Chelsea. We will need to lift .

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fahhhk!!!

Just watched the goals we copped…shambolic amateurish defence. High balls causing all sorts of grief for us…and the same old story of spurned chances comes back to bite us on the arse. Points dropped by all the big club except Shitty.
Does Jurgen respond with selections? Defensive frailties highlighted by a big strong direct team.
City next week eh boys!!!??
Rewatched large chunks of the game and either Klopp screwed up with his game plan or the players weren't following his instructions.

Early on it was clear that both Fab and Hendo were being placed in front of the back 4 to collect second balls from the headers/long balls directed in by Brentford.

But, as the game progressed you could see both Hendo and Fab rushing up instead of sitting to protect. Late in the game when we have 4 attackers on, you could see Hendo still charging into the box.

Complete lack of positional professionalism. You can see it for goals where they targetted TAA. Yeah, Matip could've helped out more but he had a player next to him and had to go between the ball and his player.

It was the midfielders (none in sight) that let Trent down. Could even blame Mo for that? TAA had 3 players on one. Amateurish to say the least. At least one midfielder should've been there.

Credit to Brentford.