Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What a surprise that perez is president and Woodward vice president of "The Super League"

Fucking *****
Really? Fucking hell.

We created this madness a long time ago and no one should be surprised it's come to this. Opened to the door to the billionairres and now they're taking over. Still don't think it'll go ahead though.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Really? Fucking hell.

We created this madness a long time ago and no one should be surprised it's come to this. Opened to the door to the billionairres and now they're taking over. Still don't think it'll go ahead though.
It's disgusting. Especially those Woodward's fuckers. They've bled United dry and it's still not enough for them.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck me. Glazer.

Was always going to happen. Let's see what the end result is though.

UEFA etc. have only themselves to blame for this fucking mess.
And you know what the funny thing is? For years (and it only recently stopped a couple of years ago), fans were making fun of the glazers because they had no fucking idea about football, they didn't even know the fucking rules.

This is purely a money grab by the greedy arseholes

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
And you know what the funny thing is? For years (and it only recently stopped a couple of years ago), fans were making fun of the glazers because they had no fucking idea about football, they didn't even know the fucking rules.

This is purely a money grab by the greedy arseholes
Completely agree. But each way you turn, it's run by greedy arseholes.

'The 39th game' where an extra round of the EPL was going to be played in one city around the world that bid the most to host it ... This was at the forefront of the Premier League's planning, and seen as a way to cash in on the popularity of the EPL.

One of many cash making schemes invisioned by the EPL that's all about grabbing money but not filtering it down to the clubs that need that support.

When we talk about 'money grab' and 'greedy arseholes' let's not forget that they're ALL the same.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It won't go ahead this ESL though. Just cant' see it as players, fans, managers I think will be against it and fight for the people.

We'll see in the coming days though but got a feeling that the players will rebel over this ... maybe ;)

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Honestly?

UEFA is shit. Let's be honest here. They're shit. Have been for a long long time and the handling of FFP only demostrates that.

If this ESL comes in to replace that then .... maybe it's better? The reason Sky etc. are making such a big deal about this is because they're the ones that are going to be fucked as they'll lose the money. The idea is that individual clubs will control streaming like Netflix so clubs will get more money and have more control.

Also ...

Let's not forget that this was already presented as an alternative in the 90s .... from memory? And this is what pushed the expansion of the CL 32 teams and they agreed to allow "top 4" clubs from 3 biggest countries into the CL.

Let's see what happens with all of this.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Do I actually bother watching our game tomorrow or get an extra 30m of sleep in?!

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Do I actually bother watching our game tomorrow or get an extra 30m of sleep in?!
HOnestly. I laughed ... but now I'm kind of the same?

I'm not angry at the players but ... the season and football has really lost its passion to me? I feel so so so sorry for all of the players as they're the ones bearing the brunt of this whole thing. They're the ones having to play not knowing if the game means anything or not.

I'm honestly angry now at how the whole thing's come out as the timing is dreadful for all and sundry. Just blah!

Will watch the game though ... only because I'm an idiot who can't help himself. I wouldn't get up if I were you ... but I'm pretty sure you will because ... you're an idiot like me!

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Playing OK ... ish. As always, lacking that final ball or touch or finish.

Good goal. Jota really with a great pass.

Need another 2 if you ask me.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Playing OK ... ish. As always, lacking that final ball or touch or finish.

Good goal. Jota really with a great pass.

Need another 2 if you ask me.
Another 2 goals to sneak into top 4?
To play in champions league....?

Bit of a nothing game now isn’t it

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Same old Liverpool. Plenty of chances to put it to bed then shit defending lets them score in the final 3 mins.

Honestly can see Leeds win this now. Just shit.