Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
VAR in the PL is the worst in the world.
That was our first win in the PL at Anfield in 2021 :o. 3 points and we stay in touch with top 4.

Not a bad time to get the monkey off your back considering in a few days time we need to overturn a 3-1 deficit against Real Madrid.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That was our first win in the PL at Anfield in 2021 :o. 3 points and we stay in touch with top 4.

Not a bad time to get the monkey off your back considering in a few days time we need to overturn a 3-1 deficit against Real Madrid.
Let’s remember you were 7 clear at New Years ....
Big duck ya choked on

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Shocking that VAR call in the game. Been saying it all year not just for our results. Gotta give the goal to attacking teams when it's so close.

Was a good win as we fought for it and deserved the result. That whole 'mentality monsters' thing was back ... I guess?

Let's not kid ourselves tho. We've got no chance against Madrid considering the form our key players are in. Allison especially. If he were making just the basic saves I'd be more confident but right now all they need to do is kick towards goal and it goes in.

We honestly need a miracle but who knows ...

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Let’s remember you were 7 clear at New Years ....
Big duck ya choked on
If your duds had the injuries we had you would be hovering just above the relegation zone. And if Bruno’s penalties are taken out of the equation you’re outside the top 4 .
What I’m saying is, injuries and VAR have been very kind to your team , and very unkind to ours.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If your duds had the injuries we had you would be hovering just above the relegation zone. And if Bruno’s penalties are taken out of the equation you’re outside the top 4 .
What I’m saying is, injuries and VAR have been very kind to your team , and very unkind to ours.
If’s and buts
Ya losing to relagation teams earlier in year with 2 defenders out and blaming injury’s
Klopp poor decisions moving players

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I find it interesting that other teams try and paint it as if injuries shouldn't have had an impact on our team.

When City lost a few players last year, that was the reason why City lost. They were decimated by injuries they say ...

Without doubt Liverpool were dead before we even started with the amount of injuries we had. And even with them all, somehow we were still top New Years. Craziness.

We'll be back. Let the others chirp because that's all they can do is chirp. Everyone knows we'll be back! The fact that somehow we're still in with a chance of the top 4 is madness

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I find it interesting that other teams try and paint it as if injuries shouldn't have had an impact on our team.

When City lost a few players last year, that was the reason why City lost. They were decimated by injuries they say ...

Without doubt Liverpool were dead before we even started with the amount of injuries we had. And even with them all, somehow we were still top New Years. Craziness.

We'll be back. Let the others chirp because that's all they can do is chirp. Everyone knows we'll be back! The fact that somehow we're still in with a chance of the top 4 is madness
Should be in top 4 easy
You were dropping points to bottom teams which yours seconds would beat
Has anyone lead at New Years and missed the top 4 before ?
If not than I think u will make it...

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Same 3 up front against MAdrid? Honestly? I think Mane needs to start on the bench.

Was surprised that Bobby was subbed against Villa as I really thought he was playing well. Klopp has been making some strange decisions this year ...

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We go 1-0 up and Real Madrid will panic . Mane is due for a big game ,let’s hope it’s against Real.

In other news , Scum Utd‘s win over Spurs was a good one for us. Leicester also dropped points so it’s very possible that spots 3 and 4 could be up for grabs , not just 4th spot.
But you gotta love the “special one “, he calls it how he sees it. Cant sayI didn’t chuckle with this one ...

Jose on Bruno and Ole
"Bruno came in, was fit, played very well, improved the United team and also proved to be a great penalty taker, one of the best in the world, because he had about 20 to score."

Mourinho continued his complaints into this season after Ole Gunnar Solskjaer had joked about the Spurs manager noticing Shkendija's goalposts were too small ahead of a Europa League tie.

The Spurs boss hit back that Solskjaer was too concerned about the size of penalty areas.

He said: "I understand that for him the dimensions of the goalposts are not important for him.

"What is important for him are the dimensions of the 18-yard box.

"He would never accept to play with a 17-yard box. I think he would prefer a 22-yard box. For him it would be better."

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Any of you blokes watch Mundo sport on YouTube
Liverpool bloke that does games?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We go 1-0 up and Real Madrid will panic . Mane is due for a big game ,let’s hope it’s against Real.

In other news , Scum Utd‘s win over Spurs was a good one for us. Leicester also dropped points so it’s very possible that spots 3 and 4 could be up for grabs , not just 4th spot.
But you gotta love the “special one “, he calls it how he sees it. Cant sayI didn’t chuckle with this one ...

Jose on Bruno and Ole
"Bruno came in, was fit, played very well, improved the United team and also proved to be a great penalty taker, one of the best in the world, because he had about 20 to score."

Mourinho continued his complaints into this season after Ole Gunnar Solskjaer had joked about the Spurs manager noticing Shkendija's goalposts were too small ahead of a Europa League tie.

The Spurs boss hit back that Solskjaer was too concerned about the size of penalty areas.

He said: "I understand that for him the dimensions of the goalposts are not important for him.

"What is important for him are the dimensions of the 18-yard box.

"He would never accept to play with a 17-yard box. I think he would prefer a 22-yard box. For him it would be better."
Jose is surely a dead man walking at Spurs? Was always going to happen I guess?

Calls it straight tho, that's for sure and hard to argue against what he said. To be fair tho, think Bruno has been more than a penalty expert and having a better #9 in front of him has only made it easier for him.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Agree if we go 1 up btw but when's the last time we scored in the first half? Looking forward to the game tho, that's for sure. If there were a crowd at Liverpool then I'd be pretty confident. Now?

You think mane will start? He owes us a big game ... Or 10!

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Jose is surely a dead man walking at Spurs? Was always going to happen I guess?

Calls it straight tho, that's for sure and hard to argue against what he said. To be fair tho, think Bruno has been more than a penalty expert and having a better #9 in front of him has only made it easier for him.
It’s not hard for Bruno to come into that team and look better, especially when you have guys like McDudinay , Mata, and Matic as the benchmark to compete against. Pogba is and exception but he doesnt want to be there.
The reality is though, Bruno has scored more goals from the penalty spot than any other player. And I would say since he joined Manure you won’t find any other player in the world who has scored more goals than him....from the penalty spot.
the scum are having their golden patch unde Oleand yet will win sweet fuck all, perhaps the meaningless Europa league but you get the gist .

Agree if we go 1 up btw but when's the last time we scored in the first half? Looking forward to the game tho, that's for sure. If there were a crowd at Liverpool then I'd be pretty confident. Now?

You think mane will start? He owes us a big game ... Or 10!
I think Mane will start. The empty stands surely nullify home ground advantage but if we can score in the 1st half and early on we are a chance.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It’s not hard for Bruno to come into that team and look better, especially when you have guys like McDudinay , Mata, and Matic as the benchmark to compete against. Pogba is and exception but he doesnt want to be there.
The reality is though, Bruno has scored more goals from the penalty spot than any other player. And I would say since he joined Manure you won’t find any other player in the world who has scored more goals than him....from the penalty spot.
the scum are having their golden patch unde Oleand yet will win sweet fuck all, perhaps the meaningless Europa league but you get the gist .

I think Mane will start. The empty stands surely nullify home ground advantage but if we can score in the 1st half and early on we are a chance.
agree re Bruno but he's a decent player mate. He is. Not worldclass as some are trying to label him as, but he could potentially be? Let's see how he ends out the year though.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Gotta laugh re Mourinho. Mental case. One foot out the door at Spurs already it seems as he does this every time on the way out.

“I have Premier leagues, not a Premier league. I have Champions Leagues, not a Champions League. The only person who can make an argument with me is Guardiola. He has everything that I have. Not a person with only 3pts in his name, but with no history of trophies.”

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Kostas rumoured to be starting...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
No Thiago or Jota starting...ffs.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No Thiago or Jota starting...ffs.
Wow. Just seen the lineup ...

We need to score 2 and we've got that midfield? I guess we can say our bench is super strong and I actually get not starting JOta but no Thiago?

In Klopp we trust ... I guess?