Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

grk_adonis

THIS IS ANFIELD!
Reaction score
again LIVERPOOL get ROBBED!!!....we deserved all 3 points tonight...but typical fixed refereeing decisions leave us with just the 1 point!!....thats fukd!!

D

D0ggyStylz

I did not see the game but from the highlights that i saw I agree. that was no penalty

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
rob styles shows he is a ****ing **** ref...

lost complete control of the game

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If that was a penalty, I have a bigger cock than Ron Jeremy. Load of crap.

D

D0ggyStylz

That is the story of chelskis existence. b/s late goals, b/s late penalties to snatch draw/victory.

polecat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ripped off against chelski once again : (
does anybody know details of harrys injury ?

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
yeah he did... on koptalk they are he did his hamstring or somethin like that

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Rafael Benitez couldn't hide his disappointment at the end of the 1-1 draw with Chelsea after an extremely harsh penalty decision cost his team all three points.
The Liverpool manager insisted his team deserved to win the game and admitted the controversial second half decision against Steve Finnan ruined the afternoon for the Reds.

"We created enough chances to have won the game and we would have won it but for an invisible penalty awarded against us," said Benitez.

"The referee made a mistake and it was unbelievable. Everybody could see it wasn't a penalty and it's a pity as it cost us two points.

"We are so disappointed because we played well against a good team but the decision that went against us, you just can't explain it.

"It is unbelievable. How can you take this decision? It is unbelievable. A team that is working so hard how can you change a game like this?

"Clearly the game was under control but this kind of decision is something you cannot explain.

"Maybe he was under pressure all the time. Anyway I prefer not to say too much."

Benitez's mood lifted when quizzed about the performance of his record signing after Fernando Torres opened his account for the Reds with a brilliant first half strike.

"I think Torres showed the qualities he has - pace and great finish it was really good," he added.

"It is important for all the strikers to score but especially for Torres because people will stop him.

"He scored his first goal during pre-season and another goal at home it is very positive for him."

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
did harry get injured again?
Harry hurt himself playing in the second Liverpool friendly in asia. Just about 3 weeks they reported which in Harrys terms may see him back around Christmas to play a couple of games before getting moved on in the January transfer window!

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
I hate it when Harry is out...He spends more time on the sidelines than he does on the field ffs!!!

Benji Roberts

very nice like candice
Reaction score
Anyone know where i can buy an "i saw Harry Kewell play soccer" shirt?

Any news on Quaresma or Heinze being confirmed transfers?

Quaresma would push pennant to the bench and Heinze would force Riise to midfield, forcing our great man Harry to the bench or as a second striker, not sure what Benetiz is thinking, any news?

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Quaresma isnt coming... Heinze is going to spain...

we need new backs

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's on FOXPSORTS at 1:00 a.m., I think that Liverpool should cop an easy Victory.

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,22280874-29437,00.html

Ref 'sorry' for Anfield gaffe

From correspondents in London

August 21, 2007

ROB Styles has apologised to Liverpool after admitting overnight that he made a mistake in awarding a penalty to Chelsea during the 1-1 English Premier League draw at Anfield yesterday (AEST).

Styles also caused confusion by appearing to issue a second yellow card to the Blues' Michael Essien.

The match official has accepted he made a mistake in penalising Steve Finnan, and will not be given a match to referee this weekend.

"All referees enter into matches hoping not to make any mistakes but understanding that they may happen," Styles said.

"What none of us want is for any mistake to potentially affect the result of the match.

"Yesterday, in mistakenly awarding a penalty, I accept that I may have affected the result of the match - and for that, I apologise."

Styles awarded Chelsea a penalty that enabled it to equalise even though Finnan appeared to make no contact with Florent Malouda.

Referees' chief Keith Hackett said officials had to be accountable for mistakes.

"We have in place systems that will analyse each decision a referee makes," Hackett said.

"Referees are aware of the accountability that exists, as are the managers and players, and we expect referees to get big decisions correct.

"On this occasion it was wrong and therefore Rob will not be officiating next weekend.

"I spoke to Rob this morning and obviously he is extremely disappointed with the decision and admitted he got it wrong. I have left a message with Rafael Benitez to apologise."

Hackett also revealed that assistant referee Ian Gosling would be given next weekend off, after he denied Fulham a late equaliser at home to Middlesbrough when striker David Healy clearly forced the ball over the line.

The Cottagers lost 2-1 to Boro at Craven Cottage.

"Clearly the assistant referee has made an error, so he won't be operating next week for us either," Hackett said.

The English Premier League is to press ahead with trials on goal-line technology being developed by the company Hawk-Eye.

"It is still in its testing stage but we hope when it is judged to be fail-safe then it will be used," Hackett said.

"Everyone in football recognises that goal-line systems can provide help for the referee to make his decision."

Hackett will also move to ensure there is no repeat of the confusion, when Styles appeared to book Essien while still showing the card to John Terry.

"I'm informed by both the fourth official and Rob he retained the card shown to John Terry then held the card to indicate a direct free kick, and failed to put the card away," Hackett said.

"So it was a basic, if you like, admin error as against an error in application of law.

"We'll look at the video to ensure we don't get a repeat of that."
Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard criticised Styles's performance, saying he "cracked"' under pressure on the penalty decision.

"I don't want to say too much because I will get into trouble, but the referee didn't play well," the England midfield player said.

"Whether it was because the Chelsea players were talking, I don't know, but in the end he's cracked and made a bad decision. It wasn't a penalty and I hope he comes out and says sorry now.

"We have to apologise as players if we make mistakes so I hope he does the same."

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho revealed that Essien feared he had been sent-off.

Essien, who played at right-back due to Chelsea's injury crisis, found himself booked after just 12 minutes for a foul on Liverpool's Alvaro Arbeloa. But, in a match that produced nine yellow cards from Styles, Essien thought he had received a second caution as Styles waved a yellow card over his head.

"Michael was honestly very frightened, he thought he had been booked again," said Mourinho.

"The referee then explained that he had only booked one player, John Terry, but Essien stood there for a long time and he said afterwards that he believed he had been cautioned again."

Agence France-Presse

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,22279732-29437,00.html

Ref dropped after penalty blunder

From Rex Gowar in London

August 20, 2007

REFEREE Rob Styles has been dropped from this weekend's English Premier League matches after awarding Chelsea a controversial penalty against Liverpool at Anfield.

Styles gave Chelsea a penalty when Florent Malouda went down despite minimal contact from Liverpool defender Steve Finnan, and Frank Lampard converted the spot kick to give the London side a 1-1 draw at Anfield.

"(Styles) looked at the video with the decision and he's admitted that he got it wrong," chief of referees Keith Hackett was quoted as saying on Sky Sports News.

"I've left a message with (Liverpool manager) Rafa Benitez to apologise on behalf of the PGMO (Professional Game Match Officials) for the error.

"I did in pre-season say to managers and the general public that accountability exists and we do, at the PGMO, expect referees to get the big decisions correct.

"On this occasion this is wrong and therefore Rob will not be officiating next weekend."

Benitez was incensed by the penalty decision that left Liverpool, which had taken the lead through Fernando Torres, in seventh place with four points from two games at the start of a season in which he is determined they win the club's first championship title since 1990. Chelsea is second with seven points from three games.

Styles also appeared to book Chelsea midfield player Michael Essien for a second time in the match shortly after the equaliser but did not send him off.

However, Hackett explained that Styles, having booked Chelsea captain John Terry still had his yellow card in his hand when he raised his arm to indicate a free kick.

"He showed the card to John Terry, then held the card to indicate an indirect free kick," he said.

"In fairness, he forgot to put the card away so it was a basic... admin error as against an error in application of law but it is again something where we'll look closely at the video to ensure we don't get a repeat of that."

Hackett said a linesman at Saturday's Fulham game against Middlesbrough had also been dropped. The London side was denied an equaliser when a shot by striker David Healy appeared to have crossed the line, a fact confirmed by television replays.

Reuters