Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You guys had Jose so you know how quickly it can turn if a manager goes toxic towards the board.

In my opinion Klopp is infighting with the board and he is unhappy. Same thing happened at Dortmund, he got pissed because his best players kept getting sold, he was not getting backed even after winning trophies.
He knew you blokes don’t spend like city etc when he signed ....
It’s like buying the house next the pub then complains it’s noisey at night

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You guys had Jose so you know how quickly it can turn if a manager goes toxic towards the board.

In my opinion Klopp is infighting with the board and he is unhappy. Same thing happened at Dortmund, he got pissed because his best players kept getting sold, he was not getting backed even after winning trophies.
What exactly is he fighting with the board about?

Last summer he got Jota, Thiago (against the usual FSG model), Tki the left back. The ONLY area we didn't strengthen in was CB and that was more about getting the right player in rather than spending.

During the winter window we dropped the ball. Without doubt. We should've got someone in as soon as it opened but we rolled the dice ... and lost out badly. Would Klopp be happy about that? No. But he plays his part also.

I just don't get all of this talk about Klopp fighting with the board. Our policy has been clear from day one. We didn't suddenly change it. Klopp has known this is the way we work, and has worked with it till now.

At Dortmund he knew the deal, and they actually spent a bit of money bringing players in also. They just bought the wrong players imo.

YOu're letting the players and Klopp off the hook too much mate. They needed to stand up, and they haven't. That can't be put on the board.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He knew you blokes don’t spend like city etc when he signed ....
It’s like buying the house next the pub then complains it’s noisey at night
Spot on this. And for a United supporter to be speaking sense on this top says a bit ... it's clear as day imo and I'm absolutely astounded that some LFC are trying to concoct some fantasy that Klopp's fighting with the owners rather than just looking at the facts.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Spot on this. And for a United supporter to be speaking sense on this top says a bit ... it's clear as day imo and I'm absolutely astounded that some LFC are trying to concoct some fantasy that Klopp's fighting with the owners rather than just looking at the facts.
It's not a fantasy the football on the pitch does not lie. Klopp walked in initially and could not spend big fair enough but he must be frustrated, he has won them the biggest trophies and they had the chance to build a dynasty and failed.

I can't understand how Klopp who is one of the best managers in the world is not being given the tools to build a dynasty at Liverpool, even after all he has done on a shoe string budget, loosen the purse strings and get him the signings.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Leicester, Spurs & Arsenal spent more in the last window let that sink in. This is Liverpool ffs.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's not a fantasy the football on the pitch does not lie. Klopp walked in initially and could not spend big fair enough but he must be frustrated, he has won them the biggest trophies and they had the chance to build a dynasty and failed.

I can't understand how Klopp who is one of the best managers in the world is not being given the tools to build a dynasty at Liverpool, even after all he has done on a shoe string budget, loosen the purse strings and get him the signings.
Did you have a problem with FSG when we first made the EL final, the CL final, won the CL, and then won the EPL? Were you complaining about their approach then?

Comparing us against Spurs & Arsenal is stupid considering that they're notorious for NOT spending, and both clubs are somehow playing worse than us!

Whether you like FSG or not, they've never hidden from their intentions. Their approach has always been transparent.

Get the frustration. Seriously do. I share it.

What's happened this season is unprecedented. There's no way we could've prepared for it other than buying one more CB who would've been injured anyway ;)

What other positions would we have added to? CM ... fuck know. LB. We did. Forward. We added Jota, but perhaps one more? But again, we're not City or Chelsea that can splunk s shedload on players to sit on the bench.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Leicester, Spurs & Arsenal spent more in the last window let that sink in. This is Liverpool ffs.
You do realise that this IS Liverpool, and this IS the way we do business. It's what we've been doing with great success over the past 3-4 years so who are we to argue with them?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Kabak out of Fulham game. Unbelievable.

Thought he was one of the shining lights against Chelsea. Played really well imo. His passing, for large parts, was really good. It seemed to me that it was Fabinho getting done out way more than him.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
First thing I'd do if I were Klopp would be to drop Bobby, Thiago for Jota, Keita.

Play a front 2 of Salah & Mane with Jota in behind them.

Ideally you'd have Fab and Gini holding midfielders with Keita in front of them.

But ... we'll trot out the same formation and the same tactics.

Honestly think Klopp needs a wee rest just to get away from it all. He's really struggling, and it shows not just in his decisions ... or lack of ... but also the players' attitudes. Klopp needs to get away from the game for a while imo. He won't but ...

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I”ll tell you one thing, that Micheal Owen talks absolute fucking shit
His saying mane and salah are sabotaging each other
Now I’m the first to lay the slipper into Liverpool, but holy shit the bloke is a fuckingwit
99% of his comments are so wrong or full of shit is beyond belief

Last edited:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Haha Love the United supporters getting all excited about Liverpool's demise. LOL.

We'll see come the end of the year lads. We'll see. Perhaps we'll be battling to stay up by then!

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Haha Love the United supporters getting all excited about Liverpool's demise. LOL.

We'll see come the end of the year lads. We'll see. Perhaps we'll be battling to stay up by then!
We’re on the way down very shortly don’t worry
Imagine Liverpool and United miss the 4?
When was the last time that happened ?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I”ll tell you one thing, that Micheal Owen talks absolute fucking shit
His saying mane and salah are sabotaging each other
Now I’m the first to lay the slipper into Liverpool, but holy shit the bloke is a fuckingwit
99% of his comments are so wrong or full of shit is beyond belief
He said Mane stays on his feet because he doesn't want to give Mo a penalty chance to score LOL.