Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
My confidence comes from the fact that we are a better football team than most of our challengers.
we’ve done miraculously well to be so high up considering our dreaded injury toll .
We will come good and the goals will flow again. There’s a whole 2nd round to be played.
man city have 8 games coming up which are very winnable for them but the PL always has surprises. As long as we can stay close we will be in the mix for the title.

Take “but but but Bruno” out of Utd and they are a mid table team. They can’t haven’t and won’t beat any top 6 teams , have assed there way up the ladder with shitty wins . Their luck will turn for the worse .
Chelsea are cooked As Lampard is shit .
Spurs are stuttering along with Jose ball.
Leicester will fade as per standard Rodgers schedule in later part of season.
Everton are Everton and won’t win shit.

Its Liverpool or Man City for the title . Don’t write us off just yet.
We over-performed though...we simply aren't getting back to that level again under this squad this season imo. Players came here and played their best football as part of our system but time has passed and teams are now more comfortable playing against us and I think some of these guys simply aren't going to reach the same peak. We're also suffering from burnout, injuries and that has likely resulted in dropped points. Lack of crowds has also affected us more than other clubs imo as we fed off the energy better than anyone else in the world.

Klopp saw this coming though and it's why I think we broke our transfer policy and went after Thiago to reinvigorate the squad...unfortunately he has been injured and hasn't had the impact we'd like.

I can see improvement but I'm no where near confident in the title right now. Like you mentioned injuries are the big negativ right now and our best DM is playing CB (still top tier @ CB), our best box to box is playing DM/CB, etc...things like that just aren't changing this season and we're probably in need of a break so everyone can mentally and physically get back in shape.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Jota will be the key, once he is back the attack will click.

Origi should be getting a run of games with Firmino badly out of form.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We over-performed though...we simply aren't getting back to that level again under this squad this season imo. Players came here and played their best football as part of our system but time has passed and teams are now more comfortable playing against us and I think some of these guys simply aren't going to reach the same peak. We're also suffering from burnout, injuries and that has likely resulted in dropped points. Lack of crowds has also affected us more than other clubs imo as we fed off the energy better than anyone else in the world.

Klopp saw this coming though and it's why I think we broke our transfer policy and went after Thiago to reinvigorate the squad...unfortunately he has been injured and hasn't had the impact we'd like.

I can see improvement but I'm no where near confident in the title right now. Like you mentioned injuries are the big negativ right now and our best DM is playing CB (still top tier @ CB), our best box to box is playing DM/CB, etc...things like that just aren't changing this season and we're probably in need of a break so everyone can mentally and physically get back in shape.
Yes. We did overperform. But you can say that about all of the top 6, in particular Man U. And none of them had even close to the issues we've had with injuries or covid.

At some time these other clubs will have to go through a dip as they don't have the class of player to keep it up. The only other team that can truly, imo, keep up the current pace is Man City and I think at this point they're odds on to win the EPL.

I'm not confident in winning the league, not as much as I was anyway. The Man U draw stings because it's United plus they were there to be beaten and beaten well. But it's our dropping of points against lower teams over Christmas that's really hurt us, not the United result.

As you say, Klopp saw this coming and brought in Jota & Thiago to mix it up more. Unfortunately both were / have been injured for an extended time. Would we have dropped all of those points if both of them were playing? I doubt it, so when they're both back fit and ready to go then I do expect an upturn in results.

The loss of VVD can't be underestimated either. Defensively we've done 'ok' without him, but in attack he's sorely missed. Not only on set pieces but also in his ball distribution. By playing two CMs at CB we're then weakening our midfield and that has a knockon affect.

Not saying we'll win the league, but definitely not writing us off ... yet

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
My confidence comes from the fact that we are a better football team than most of our challengers.
we’ve done miraculously well to be so high up considering our dreaded injury toll .
We will come good and the goals will flow again. There’s a whole 2nd round to be played.
man city have 8 games coming up which are very winnable for them but the PL always has surprises. As long as we can stay close we will be in the mix for the title.

Take “but but but Bruno” out of Utd and they are a mid table team. They can’t haven’t and won’t beat any top 6 teams , have assed there way up the ladder with shitty wins . Their luck will turn for the worse .
Chelsea are cooked As Lampard is shit .
Spurs are stuttering along with Jose ball.
Leicester will fade as per standard Rodgers schedule in later part of season.
Everton are Everton and won’t win shit.

Its Liverpool or Man City for the title . Don’t write us off just yet.
Spot on this. Agree with everything you wrote to the T.

All other teams have had a blip. It's up to us to dig ourselves out. We've had a lot more going against us than any other team, but are still up there. We just need to stay in it!

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Jota will be the key, once he is back the attack will click.

Origi should be getting a run of games with Firmino badly out of form.
Sadly I think the times of Origi saving us are over. Personally would love to see Taki get a run against Burnley.

Surprises me how many are ripping the club apart? It's not like we're that far away from winning.

Shit. Against Man U we should've scored at least 2 but on a good day it would've been more. Same can be said against most other teams we haven't got the desired result.

Our top 4 creators from last year: Mane, Bobby, Salah, Trent. All 4 are way way below on their numbers from last year when it comes to assists. But we're still up there. We're so far off good form. But we're still up there.

Maybe we don't recover, but I have belief in the front three and the rest of the team to pull us through this slump.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

I don’t disagree with anything you wrote.
I’m keeping the faith though because our challengers aren’t better. Even Man city are not as imposing as what they were a couple of years ago. They will also drop points .
It’s been a roller coaster season and I expect more twists in the PL title race.
All the players we signed this season to help us have got injured and missed games which hasn’t helped, add to this the injuries to our regulars and weve done super to be where we are.
Let’s see when we get some of our players coming back and Klopp will not only be able to field a stronger lineup but can also rest some players .
I had high hopes Minamino would step up this season but he hasnt.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’m keeping the faith though because our challengers aren’t better. Even Man city are not as imposing as what they were a couple of years ago. They will also drop points .
It’s been a roller coaster season and I expect more twists in the PL title race.
All the players we signed this season to help us have got injured and missed games which hasn’t helped, add to this the injuries to our regulars and weve done super to be where we are.
Let’s see when we get some of our players coming back and Klopp will not only be able to field a stronger lineup but can also rest some players .
Would really like to see Taki given a chance now.

As Thiago said. We need to be scoring goals from everywhere rather than just relying on the front three. There needs to be more goals coming from the front 3 of course, but also the midfield and backs too.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I don't know wtf is going on with Taki...he got a few games in midfield and then played reasonably well against Palace yet hasn't been sighted since despite our frontline playing like absolute bums. He has had 0 opportunity to build on his performance...Klopp imo needs to sort out his rotation, maybe if he did we might have a couple of extra reliable players ready to slot into the 11.

A fit Jota, Keita (LOL), Matip (also LOL) would defenitely make a difference... Hopefully they're back soon.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't know wtf is going on with Taki...he got a few games in midfield and then played reasonably well against Palace yet hasn't been sighted since despite our frontline playing like absolute bums. He has had 0 opportunity to build on his performance...Klopp imo needs to sort out his rotation, maybe if he did we might have a couple of extra reliable players ready to slot into the 11.

A fit Jota, Keita (LOL), Matip (also LOL) would defenitely make a difference... Hopefully they're back soon.
There was actually an articule by Pearce I think? outlining why he thought that Taki wasn't playing. Something about defensive issues I believe?

I think Taki has played OK in the games he played recently, definitely not a world beater though. However, in these times surely he should be playing more?

I think the biggest loss has actually been Keita. What a disappointment that has been having him out as having a player like him in midfield would add another element also.

We've just been fucked by injuries, haven't we?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Rewatched large parts of that game back ...

We weren't good enough and really should've taken advantage of our total dominance in the first half. United were poor tbh, though they did have the clearer chances. Having the 'player of the year' in Bruno in the middle, plus 'superstar' Pogba I would've expected them to turn the screws on us when we started losing our way a bit. They did nothing of the sort.

Clearly we're not creating enough though, which is worrying without a doubt. Feel we're just missing that little bit of luck to get one up. It's not about us needing to convert a heap, just one a game would do!

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Rewatched large parts of that game back ...

We weren't good enough and really should've taken advantage of our total dominance in the first half. United were poor tbh, though they did have the clearer chances. Having the 'player of the year' in Bruno in the middle, plus 'superstar' Pogba I would've expected them to turn the screws on us when we started losing our way a bit. They did nothing of the sort.

Clearly we're not creating enough though, which is worrying without a doubt. Feel we're just missing that little bit of luck to get one up. It's not about us needing to convert a heap, just one a game would do!
Had 66% of the ball, yet we had the better chances
Allison saved your asses
Doesn’t that tell you something is very very wrong
Game against saints you guys had 67% of the ball and lost
Before that Newcastle 73% of ball draw...
Game before that west brom 78% and draw

Somethings is very very wrong indeed, but you all have your head in the sand
That amount of ball you have you should be blowing teams of the park
What’s going to happen when a team dominates possession against you...... yuck

When the old PE teacher frustrates klopp to the point klopp was whinging and sooking (nothing unusual from the whindger) about how we played
Always excuses with that bloke
Instead of we were shit
It’s United didn’t play how we wanted them to play
Blokes kidding himself

How bout he looks at all this possession and nothing from it
How bout he starts pointing fingers at himself and the team
His loses his cool very easy

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Had 66% of the ball, yet we had the better chances
Allison saved your asses
Doesn’t that tell you something is very very wrong
Game against saints you guys had 67% of the ball and lost
Before that Newcastle 73% of ball draw...
Game before that west brom 78% and draw

Somethings is very very wrong indeed, but you all have your head in the sand
That amount of ball you have you should be blowing teams of the park
What’s going to happen when a team dominates possession against you...... yuck

When the old PE teacher frustrates klopp to the point klopp was whinging and sooking (nothing unusual from the whindger) about how we played
Always excuses with that bloke
Instead of we were shit
It’s United didn’t play how we wanted them to play
Blokes kidding himself

How bout he looks at all this possession and nothing from it
How bout he starts pointing fingers at himself and the team
His loses his cool very easy
Wow. Someone is certainly rattled! lol. Fucking hell.

You even went and did some research on Liverpool ... lol lol ... and United apparently live in our heads? Why do you care so much about Liverpool mate? Hahaha

Let's be honest mate. You went to such an effort to troll Liverpool fans but fell so terribly short. Hahaha You researched data. You looked at past interviews. Hahaha

And that's all you can come up with? Hahahaha

Fucking hell.

Let's be honest. When it comes to the crunch, your boys fold. Did it against City in the semi this year. Did it against us over the weekend. The greatest player in the world Bruno can only perform against the dross but against the big boys? Lol. Garbage. Liverpool's depleated midfield made him look like shit.

Anyway. I would say good try mate, but that was pitiful! Hahaha

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wow. Someone is certainly rattled! lol. Fucking hell.

You even went and did some research on Liverpool ... lol lol ... and United apparently live in our heads? Why do you care so much about Liverpool mate? Hahaha

Let's be honest mate. You went to such an effort to troll Liverpool fans but fell so terribly short. Hahaha You researched data. You looked at past interviews. Hahaha

And that's all you can come up with? Hahahaha

Fucking hell.

Let's be honest. When it comes to the crunch, your boys fold. Did it against City in the semi this year. Did it against us over the weekend. The greatest player in the world Bruno can only perform against the dross but against the big boys? Lol. Garbage. Liverpool's depleated midfield made him look like shit.

Anyway. I would say good try mate, but that was pitiful! Hahaha
Fold, you blokes were at home with 2 weeks to prepare for that game
Played crapfor a month and dished up nothing
At home
Against a tiredunited side that played 3 more games in 2 weeks prior
Lol
The defending champs.....

Why doesn’t klopp trust his squad
Why does he play midfielders at the back, he made that squad but yet doesn’t believe in anyone outside that top 12-13

Surely you beat burnley this week
Near running last
Why do you think you guys are performing so badly over Xmas etc?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fold, you blokes were at home with 2 weeks to prepare for that game
Played crapfor a month and dished up nothing
At home
Against a tiredunited side that played 3 more games in 2 weeks prior
Lol
The defending champs.....

Why doesn’t klopp trust his squad
Why does he play midfielders at the back, he made that squad but yet doesn’t believe in anyone outside that top 12-13

Surely you beat burnley this week
Near running last
Why do you think you guys are performing so badly over Xmas etc?
Definitely triggered here ... Haha it's hilarious. Absolutely obsessed with Liverpool, tho I would be too if I were a United fan! Lol

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Definitely triggered here ... Haha it's hilarious. Absolutely obsessed with Liverpool, tho I would be too if I were a United fan! Lol
Obviously not liking the truths or questions
Only one obsessed is klopp with United’s tactics
Was furious
Blokes a muppet really
Did he want us to stand there and let you score
I really don’t understand when a coach gets upset at the other teams tactics coz they don’t win
It’s childish and really retarted

Maybe he should look at his own tactics that have t worked for weeks

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Obviously not liking the truths or questions
Only one obsessed is klopp with United’s tactics
Was furious
Blokes a muppet really
Did he want us to stand there and let you score
I really don’t understand when a coach gets upset at the other teams tactics coz they don’t win
It’s childish and really retarted

Maybe he should look at his own tactics that have t worked for weeks
Deary me. Dummy spit. Haha.

You had your chance. You crumbled. You should admit it instead of deflecting and talking bout the other team.

You talk more on the Liverpool thread than Man U. Me thinks ... actually .. me knows who you truly support and who can blame you? Liverpool really is the greatest team.

Welcome on board my friend. Welcome on board. Glad you've seen sense

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Deary me. Dummy spit. Haha.

You had your chance. You crumbled. You should admit it instead of deflecting and talking bout the other team.

You talk more on the Liverpool thread than Man U. Me thinks ... actually .. me knows who you truly support and who can blame you? Liverpool really is the greatest team.

Welcome on board my friend. Welcome on board. Glad you've seen sense
Now I know your truly worried about your mighty Liverpool.
Lol
What happens if you done beat burnley ?
But will easily dispose of them might get u back on track

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Now I know your truly worried about your mighty Liverpool.
Lol
What happens if you done beat burnley ?
But will easily dispose of them might get u back on track
Haha still bleating on I say lol not going to get me sonny boy. Not going to get me