Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We've also been playing with a much higher line and trusting our defenders in more 1 on 1 situations. We've also caught teams offside loads of times and are leading that stat.

You know why Klopp tweaked our front 3 last night?
Yes, there's been a definite shift in how we're approaching games defensively. Comes down to trust in players imo with Fabinho, VVD, Alison etc. I guess? Either way, there's still a lot to iron out but I'd say yesterday's performance was probably the game of the season on paper. They did absolutely nothing Leister being restricted to two shots all game. But we had 4-5 top goal scoring opportunities that we didn't capitilise on with the 2-1 scoreline really flattering Leister.

Being honest, I was quite worried we'd lose that game and I guess some people can say we were lucky to get away with a win. But it's a really good sign for the future. Got Man U, Spurs, and City up in the next 4 games. Think this will go a long way to deciding the season. Gotta beat both Man U and Spurs considering the form they're in.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I just woke up and checked the score...thought “am i dreaming ?” Lol!!

Wow!

8 clear this early in the season!

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I just woke up and checked the score...thought “am i dreaming ?” Lol!!

Wow!

8 clear this early in the season!
It's huge considering the teams City have lost points against. By the time we play them in a few weeks we'll have played against, from memory, 6 of the top 6 teams whereas they'll have played against only 2. If we can keep the gap to 5+ then ....

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I wasn't joking when I posted in the Manchester United thread.

Relegation 6 pointer this weekend against Newcastle
Liverpool will have to beat City in my opinion. Need to go in with the mentality of taking maximum points off City. They can't rely on others like last season.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yes, there's been a definite shift in how we're approaching games defensively. Comes down to trust in players imo with Fabinho, VVD, Alison etc. I guess? Either way, there's still a lot to iron out but I'd say yesterday's performance was probably the game of the season on paper. They did absolutely nothing Leister being restricted to two shots all game. But we had 4-5 top goal scoring opportunities that we didn't capitilise on with the 2-1 scoreline really flattering Leister.

Being honest, I was quite worried we'd lose that game and I guess some people can say we were lucky to get away with a win. But it's a really good sign for the future. Got Man U, Spurs, and City up in the next 4 games. Think this will go a long way to deciding the season. Gotta beat both Man U and Spurs considering the form they're in.
Yh we've defenitely been wasteful with our chances and could've easily out a score on last match. Salah needs a spell on the bench for a game or two imo, Klopp is so reluctant to bench him or even restrict his minutes despite him being extremely wasteful with the ball. Salah watching the game on the sideline from a different perspective might be what he needs instead did trying to force the ball through him all game. I'm also keen to see Elliott make a league start for us haha.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm also keen to see Elliott make a league start for us haha.
I’m keen to see Elliott play at Old Trafford and become the youngest player to ever score against Man Utd.
The chances of this happening would be rather high right now.
Bring on Harvey Elliott lol

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pogba and de gea out. Alisson and salah in
Absolutely bricking it personally. Too many people writing off United and that scares the shit out of me.

Biggest opportunity we've had to win at Old Toilet in as long as I can remember. Will be a massive MASSIVE test for us and a real yardstick for how the season will progress. Win and ... anything's possible. imo.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Absolutely bricking it personally. Too many people writing off United and that scares the shit out of me.

Biggest opportunity we've had to win at Old Toilet in as long as I can remember. Will be a massive MASSIVE test for us and a real yardstick for how the season will progress. Win and ... anything's possible. imo.
Yeah im shitting it too. Whats the bet they turn up for us

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The 2nd best team from Manchester will play their “cup final” against us. It’s still up to us though to further derail their season.
Hopefully Klopp is not as conservative as he was last year at old Trafford and he goes for the jugular.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The 2nd best team from Manchester will play their “cup final” against us. It’s still up to us though to further derail their season.
Hopefully Klopp is not as conservative as he was last year at old Trafford and he goes for the jugular.
Very much doubt he'll start Kieta which I imagine you're refering to by the 'goes for the jugular' line.

Would be nice if he did, but he hasn't started a game for some time so I doubt he'll do that. Play it safe, grind out the first half and run them over in the second.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The best United can do is run around like headless chickens, sit back in 2 banks of 4 closing down space and hit on the counter.

I think Liverpool will get the break through from a set piece due to repeat corners. United will sit back so it will be difficult to break down. The front 3 will have to be at their clinical best as well.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The best United can do is run around like headless chickens, sit back in 2 banks of 4 closing down space and hit on the counter.

I think Liverpool will get the break through from a set piece due to repeat corners. United will sit back so it will be difficult to break down. The front 3 will have to be at their clinical best as well.
Salah won't start imo. Klopp rarely starts a player coming back from injury and puts his faith in the squad. Origi will start. He's been OK this year actually, especially off the bench. Don't like him starting though.