Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Good boost to jam some goals in the back of then net. TAA exceptional, we need more goals like we scored from his balls in as they are virtually impossible to stop when we get onto them...nice, early, fast balls in...VVD a brace , Mane instinctive, Salah involved .....perhaps this is the pick up in form that we were looking for post the warm weather camps recently.

10 to go.

C’mon lads!

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Salah’s touch this year nowhere near what it was last year. Otherwise tonight would already be 1 or 2-0, instead I’m biting my fucking fingernails in the fucking 76th minutes still at 0-0

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Klopp is killing me with his subs

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Klopp is killing me with his subs
Agree totally!
What has Shaq done to fall out of favour?
Firmino wasn’t right in my eyes in the time he was on the field.
Milner on for Wini when we need a goal?
Then Lallana on for Mane??

Totally fucked it!

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Agree totally!
What has Shaq done to fall out of favour?
Firmino wasn’t right in my eyes in the time he was on the field.
Milner on for Wini when we need a goal?
Then Lallana on for Mane??

Totally fucked it!
It's interesting looking back on that game, also Man U, and taking Klopp's comments into account. Seems as though he was looking forward to the next 9 games and the impact a loss would've had. Played reserved as didn't want to lose. Reason he didn't put Keita and Shaq on because he was worried defensively with them, which I can understand.

One could say Klopp has matured this year along with the team in that we're not looking to win every game 5-0 like last year, and blasting them away in the first 10. Still feel it maybe had a negative impact on the team being more reserved, but one can only judge this at the end of the year.

Reality is that none of us expected Liverpool to be where we are at this stage of the season. It's a bummer that we dropped so many points, but the reality is that this Man City team are incredible and to be where we are is astonishing.

Onwards and upwards I say!

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Good win today...should’ve been a bigger margin IMO

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Good win today...should’ve been a bigger margin IMO
Still can't believe that Mane missed that goal in the final stages. But, certainly give it to the team as going 1-0 in the past we would've been all over the shop.

Time will tell :grinning:)

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Saw interesting statistics today:

"Liverpool equal the club's best record after 30 matches of a top flight campaign – also W22-D7-L1 in 1987/88. They won the title by 9 points in that season."

Really shows how well we're playing, and also what an incredible team Man City are. Any other season and we'd be walking the title.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We played some good football in very windy conditions.
Perhaps now that we are chasing the pressure is slightly off us .
The 2nd best team from the city of Manchester also lost today and theyre now back in 5th spot . Hopefully when they play the best team from Manchester next month they are at full strength and will cut points, if they want a top 4 finish and CL football next season.
We’ve got Bayern midweek and then are away to Burnley.
This one will go down to the wire.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We played some good football in very windy conditions.
Perhaps now that we are chasing the pressure is slightly off us .
The 2nd best team from the city of Manchester also lost today and theyre now back in 5th spot . Hopefully when they play the best team from Manchester next month they are at full strength and will cut points, if they want a top 4 finish and CL football next season.
We’ve got Bayern midweek and then are away to Burnley.
This one will go down to the wire.
Good point about Man U. The fact that they lost has made the fight for 4th a lot more complicated with even Spurs now in the same boat.

Does that work towards our advantage? Perhaps, though both City and us have to play Spurs. They play Man U, while we play Chelsea. It's against the lesser teams where the slip up will come ... hopefully from Man City's side

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I want the 2nd best team from Manchester to be no more than 3 points off the top 4 spot when they face the top team from the city of Manchester. :tongueclosed: