Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I thought the exact same thing! I was reading an article and one of the comments was that managers receive bonuses if they sell players for a profit, not sure if it’s true or not???
Na i doubt it, i also think Klopp is one on the highest paid managers in the world anyway.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Moreno makes every CB worse

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Now we're loaning Sturridge out? What the fuck is Klopp doing? Our squad is getting smaller and smaller with no real quality depth, what's fucking going on? Honestly our CB depth looks better than any other position atm ffs.

We better have a fucking decent signing lined up before the end of this window, this is getting ridiculous.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Sturridge isn't a loss. Never plays anyway.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now we're loaning Sturridge out? What the fuck is Klopp doing? Our squad is getting smaller and smaller with no real quality depth, what's fucking going on? Honestly our CB depth looks better than any other position atm ffs.

We better have a fucking decent signing lined up before the end of this window, this is getting ridiculous.
I think his onto something!!!

Rodgers claims FSG run Liverpool as a business, not to win

Jordan Chamberlain
2 years ago

Brendan Rodgers has again spoken about Liverpool, an increasing habit of his over the past few weeks.

The Northern Irishman, sacked last October, reckons that Liverpool’s owners FSG choose to run the club in a financially stable manner instead of looking to win competitions.

This is in respect to the recruitment policy which Rodgers had to work under during his Liverpool stint.

In that time, Rodgers saw Liverpool spend plenty of money on players – but usually younger ones with potential rather than the finished article.

Of the 31 players Rodgers signed, only Kolo Toure and Rickie Lambert were over 30 and only a handful were over 25 – meaning most had yet to reach their peak.

“Well I think it is probably a little difficult at the moment. I didn’t have any problem working under one [a transfer committee],” Rodgers told beIN Sports, cited by the Mirror.

“The club needs to look at it and decide whether they want a business model or a winning model. A winning model would mean trying to get the best possible players that you can, at whatever age they are, it doesn’t matter.

“Some clubs will go into work and have that in mind. Others will think it is about buying a player, developing and improving them and then selling them on for a much greater fee, as opposed to getting the best possible player, irrelevant of his age, in order to win.

“This is the way it is going, some clubs operate with the model of football being a business and they will want to do the best they possibly can, but it will always be about getting a young player in, improving them and having a sale and value that is greater when they got them.

“Other clubs will be in the market to just buy the top talents, irrespective of what age they are, in order to look to win. I think the best clubs must get the balance between both [models].”

Despite Liverpool’s heavy forays into the transfer market, our net spend under FSG hasn’t been enormous, as we’ve sold Fernando Torres, Luis Suarez and Raheem Sterling for well over £150m in total since they bought the club in 2010.

This coming transfer market will be very, very interesting. Jurgen Klopp chose not to do anything of note in January, and instead give the current batch of players until the end of the season to prove they’ve got what it takes.

Hopefully, we’ll target a small number of excellent players rather than stockpile potential.

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think his onto something!!!

Rodgers claims FSG run Liverpool as a business, not to win

Jordan Chamberlain
2 years ago

Brendan Rodgers has again spoken about Liverpool, an increasing habit of his over the past few weeks.

The Northern Irishman, sacked last October, reckons that Liverpool’s owners FSG choose to run the club in a financially stable manner instead of looking to win competitions.

This is in respect to the recruitment policy which Rodgers had to work under during his Liverpool stint.

In that time, Rodgers saw Liverpool spend plenty of money on players – but usually younger ones with potential rather than the finished article.

Of the 31 players Rodgers signed, only Kolo Toure and Rickie Lambert were over 30 and only a handful were over 25 – meaning most had yet to reach their peak.

“Well I think it is probably a little difficult at the moment. I didn’t have any problem working under one [a transfer committee],” Rodgers told beIN Sports, cited by the Mirror.

“The club needs to look at it and decide whether they want a business model or a winning model. A winning model would mean trying to get the best possible players that you can, at whatever age they are, it doesn’t matter.

“Some clubs will go into work and have that in mind. Others will think it is about buying a player, developing and improving them and then selling them on for a much greater fee, as opposed to getting the best possible player, irrelevant of his age, in order to win.

“This is the way it is going, some clubs operate with the model of football being a business and they will want to do the best they possibly can, but it will always be about getting a young player in, improving them and having a sale and value that is greater when they got them.

“Other clubs will be in the market to just buy the top talents, irrespective of what age they are, in order to look to win. I think the best clubs must get the balance between both [models].”

Despite Liverpool’s heavy forays into the transfer market, our net spend under FSG hasn’t been enormous, as we’ve sold Fernando Torres, Luis Suarez and Raheem Sterling for well over £150m in total since they bought the club in 2010.

This coming transfer market will be very, very interesting. Jurgen Klopp chose not to do anything of note in January, and instead give the current batch of players until the end of the season to prove they’ve got what it takes.

Hopefully, we’ll target a small number of excellent players rather than stockpile potential.
Rodgers didn't get to spend £75m on a defender though. Klopp is just stubborn as fuck and i'm 100% certain we could make another signing if he wanted no matter how tight FSG are.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Sturridge isn't a loss. Never plays anyway.
Ofcourse he's a loss, we're bring on fucking Danny Ings atm ffs. Salah or Bobby get injured and we have absolutely no one of quality to cover. If this costs us a top 4 spot then i'm honestly callijg for Klopps head and considering other options. He hasn't won shit here and he hasn't seemed to learn his lesson when it comes to depth and transfers.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It must be a loan to purchase agreement or something. Those pics don't look like he's just going on loan for a few months

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Much better performance, does help when we make better use of our chances.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
And Swansea beat Arsenal also. Makes our defeat to them not look so bad. We’re 8 points ahead of Arsenal now with a much better for and against so we should be safe from them.
We need our enemies Man Utd to beat Tottenham tomorrow. If that were to happen then we can beat Tottenham this weekend that should be enough to secure a top 4 finish.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
And Swansea beat Arsenal also. Makes our defeat to them not look so bad. We’re 8 points ahead of Arsenal now with a much better for and against so we should be safe from them.
We need our enemies Man Utd to beat Tottenham tomorrow. If that were to happen then we can beat Tottenham this weekend that should be enough to secure a top 4 finish.
Na Manu are gunna lose

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We could be 2nd right now... absolute must
win next week to give us a 5 point gap with spurs.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Man Utd and 2nd spot is very attainable the way they are playing.
The problem we have though is you don’t know when we will pull out a rubbish performance like the ones against Swansea and West Brom.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Massive game vs Tottenham on Monday morning 3:30am. We need at worst a draw.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Why the fuck didn't we sign Aubameyang?

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cause our problems lie elsewhere. We need to strengthen our midfield. I’m happy with our front 3. I’m disappointed that we didn’t sign anybody after selling Coutinho but it’s not like there are many top shelf players available in January, you don’t just sign anyone just for the same of making a signing.
Klopp needs to really fix our midfield at the end of the season, no excuses he needs to bolster the roster with some decent top shelf players in,positions were are struggling.

The match tomorrow morning against Spurs is pivotal , if we win we open up a nice little buffer and keep the pressure on the 2nd placed team.
It won’t be an easy game because Spurs are good form of late .

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Cause our problems lie elsewhere. We need to strengthen our midfield. I’m happy with our front 3. I’m disappointed that we didn’t sign anybody after selling Coutinho but it’s not like there are many top shelf players available in January, you don’t just sign anyone just for the same of making a signing.
Klopp needs to really fix our midfield at the end of the season, no excuses he needs to bolster the roster with some decent top shelf players in,positions were are struggling.

The match tomorrow morning against Spurs is pivotal , if we win we open up a nice little buffer and keep the pressure on the 2nd placed team.
It won’t be an easy game because Spurs are good form of late .
We also need another winger and probably striker. Klopp really doesn't trust anyone else to start over Firmino and i don't really want to rely on like of Ings and especially Solanke at this stage of his career for another season. Maybe Origi comes back a better player? I don't know. Leon Bailey would be a great pickup though, hope we target him.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
You need depth to win the league. City has players like Aguero coming off the bench when at full strength. Aubameyang over Firmino anyway.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score