Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The last match pretty much summed up the season we’ve had.
Lets see what additions will be made to strengthen the roster .

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You want to buy half a new squad. I thought you were against teams that try and buy success and don't have a team full of youth squad players?
Haha

You just showed your City thinking there.

People say their club needs 6+ players to compete and you automatically think € and how much to spend.

Never change mate. Never change.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Haha

You just showed your City thinking there.

People say their club needs 6+ players to compete and you automatically think € and how much to spend.

Never change mate. Never change.
It costs money to sign new players doesn't it? I'm just using your logic and applying it to your own team. Don't buy players and go on spending sprees which is what you're against. Just develop from within and get a batch of Klopp's Kids

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It costs money to sign new players doesn't it? I'm just using your logic and applying it to your own team. Don't buy players and go on spending sprees which is what you're against. Just develop from within and get a batch of Klopp's Kids
*Need doesn't mean sign. That's the point that has clearly gone over your head.

You continually twist my words to suit your own agenda. You do.

When did I say anything about being against clubs going on spending sprees?

When did I say a team should be completely made up of youth from that club?

Your desperation to defend your club's illegal dealings means you're grasping at straws to prove your point, and twisting words or points to suit what you want to say.

If you choose not to understand why people are calling out City over other clubs like United then ok.

There's not much I can do?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
*Need doesn't mean sign. That's the point that has clearly gone over your head.

You continually twist my words to suit your own agenda. You do.

When did I say anything about being against clubs going on spending sprees?

When did I say a team should be completely made up of youth from that club?

Your desperation to defend your club's illegal dealings means you're grasping at straws to prove your point, and twisting words or points to suit what you want to say.

If you choose not to understand why people are calling out City over other clubs like United then ok.

There's not much I can do?
Bro you've literally said alot of those things in the last week in the banter thread. You started all of this nonsense. You love to banter and bait other people but go off on one joke when it's back at you? Relax.. I'm just fucking around.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bro you've literally said alot of those things in the last week in the banter thread. You started all of this nonsense. You love to banter and bait other people but go off on one joke when it's back at you? Relax.. I'm just fucking around.
What nonsense? Just stating facts my friend and I wasn't the only one, but it seems you're fixated on me for some reason?

And I haven't said this things at all. I've said teams should bring youth through. I've said that you should develop players. I've said that City just buy buy buy.

I was having a laugh back with the € comments then you jumped in. And if you think this is me going off clearly you haven't been following my dribble for long enough.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What nonsense? Just stating facts my friend and I wasn't the only one, but it seems you're fixated on me for some reason?

And I haven't said this things at all. I've said teams should bring youth through. I've said that you should develop players. I've said that City just buy buy buy.

I was having a laugh back with the € comments then you jumped in. And if you think this is me going off clearly you haven't been following my dribble for long enough.
City don't just buy, buy, buy in recent years though. Early on they did for sure. For several years they did. The last 5 years they haven't. They get two or three key signings in a year. And offset that with selling players. 10th highest net spend in that time.

I actually hope Liverpool and other clubs sign a bunch of great players. It's great for the league. The more talent the better. All of the top 6 clubs have enough money to spend to be competitive. Whether they spend it on the right players and coach/develop their talent well enough is on them. It's not an uneven playing field like some think. If we didn't have Pep, we'd win 1 every 3 or so years like we did with Mancini and Pellegrini.

The way some Liverpool fans talk you make it seem like you support Peterborough or something.. They're not a small club. They have a massive budget to compete if good enough. As evidenced by almost beating City in 21 and 22. They were unlucky not to win in those seasons.

chemdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
City don't just buy, buy, buy in recent years though. Early on they did for sure. For several years they did. The last 5 years they haven't. They get two or three key signings in a year. And offset that with selling players. 10th highest net spend in that time.

I actually hope Liverpool and other clubs sign a bunch of great players. It's great for the league. The more talent the better. All of the top 6 clubs have enough money to spend to be competitive. Whether they spend it on the right players and coach/develop their talent well enough is on them. It's not an uneven playing field like some think. If we didn't have Pep, we'd win 1 every 3 or so years like we did with Mancini and Pellegrini.

The way some Liverpool fans talk you make it seem like you support Peterborough or something.. They're not a small club. They have a massive budget to compete if good enough. As evidenced by almost beating City in 21 and 22. They were unlucky not to win in those seasons.
genuine question have city and Liverpool actually developed there own players over the last 2-3 years into the first team

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
genuine question have city and Liverpool actually developed there own players over the last 2-3 years into the first team
There’s a lot of teams that don’t do this. Only Geordie boy we have that plays somewhat regularly is Elliot Anderson

chemdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There’s a lot of teams that don’t do this. Only Geordie boy we have that plays somewhat regularly is Elliot Anderson
kinda sad though that most of the big clubs don't promote their own young players into the first team

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Define develop?

Most teams bring in the best from around the world, so I'm not sure it's about being 'a Scouser' or anything? Of course, it's great having TAA and Jones in the first team, plus Elliott too. But, then you've got players like Gomez, Bajcetic, who did come into Liverpool young.

This is what the FFP etc. was supposed to sort out in all honesty but not enough clubs are paying enough attention to it anymore which is a shame.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Again though, I don't think it's about having your 'local lad', though this is great obviously. In this day and age I just don't think it's possible for a very successful team to have all local lads.

I mean, were the Neville brothers, Beckham, Giggs, Scholes etc. all local lads when they signed for United? I don't know tbh? But, I imagine they were brought in as talents from other areas and developed at the club which I love to see and wish we'd see more of tbh!

chemdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Define develop?

Most teams bring in the best from around the world, so I'm not sure it's about being 'a Scouser' or anything? Of course, it's great having TAA and Jones in the first team, plus Elliott too. But, then you've got players like Gomez, Bajcetic, who did come into Liverpool young.

This is what the FFP etc. was supposed to sort out in all honesty but not enough clubs are paying enough attention to it anymore which is a shame.
more reffering to academy players like saka Smith rowe