The less fortunate

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
This was the article I was thinking of. Salvo's saying that they do try to recycle old and broken stuff when they can, but often they have to pay money to get rid of it.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I agree you see them dump a broken baby cot or something just so they don’t have to deal with it and pay to remove and can tell them self they did the right thing buy Donating it.
I use Marketplace or gumtree for my rubbish, you list anything as free and people come for it within a day or two lol.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I remember seeing a report a while back showing that Vinnies spend hundreds of thousands of dollars each year disposing of rubbish people put in bins. Not just actual trash, people donating torn clothes and stuff like that.

They also have several things they can't take, which is why they put up signs outside their stores saying to only donate while the story is open.
I agree you see them dump a broken baby cot or something just so they don’t have to deal with it and pay to remove and can tell them self they did the right thing buy Donating it.
Yeah that's the problem, people leaving stuff outside the store. I think what they should do is have all op shops in shopping malls indoors so that people can't just dump things outside their door late at night.