• Ozzy Osbourne - Black Sabbath/Himself

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hello Fellow Kennel Music Aficionados.

With how terrible our team is going at the moment, I thought I'd create a poll for us all to choose the Greatest Rock Super Group!

Obviously I cannot list every musician that played said instrument so have selected a bunch from different eras but mainly from Rock Genre.

Finally the Vocalist.

The Kennel Super Group

Drummer: Danny Carey - Tool
Bassist: Cliff Burton - Metallica
Rhythm Guitar: Malcolm Young - AC/DC
Lead Guitar: Tom Morello - R.A.T.M
Vocals:

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Legend that is Chris Cornell for me (RIP too). Amazing range and ability to do different genres. If you haven't heard his cover of Patience (which was released very recently), go and give it a whirl.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Torn between Freddie and Bruce Dickinson. Freddie just wins out 'cause Bruce' s voice has gone downhill the last few years.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So many to choose from. It comes down to whether i want a talented voice, a true "frontman", a talented songwriter....

I'm going with Bon. Apart from the whole dying in the back of a car thing, he was the one guy I wished i could be.

Special mention to Eddie Vedder. 30 years after i heard Alive as an early high schooler, i still crank it up when i hear it in the car.

I might have considered Roger Daltrey if he made the list.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I really do like the Boss, and whilst most of his best work is with the E Street Band, i still kind of see him as a solo artist - the focal point, so that unfortunately ruled him out.

Jabba the Mutt

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I went for Freddie as he was one of the best front-men music has seen - a consummate professional - HOWEVER he may not suit the musical style of this group (though Queen's original 'Stone Cold Crazy' - written by Freddie - destroys the robotically bland Metallica cover).

Chris Cornell would certainly be my second choice of those listed though Ronnie Dio, James LaBrie and Ian Gillan would also match this band's metal core.

Jabba the Mutt

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
My favourite Rock Vocalist is actually Brent Smith from Shinedown, he is beyond criminally underrated!

Enjoy this piece of Vocal skill, control of his voice is next level.

Some great Vocalists on that list though...

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Torn between Freddie and Bruce Dickinson. Freddie just wins out 'cause Bruce' s voice has gone downhill the last few years.
I went Bruce Dickinson purely because I am biased as Maiden are one of my all time favourite bands and they were my gateway band into the metal genre. Both Freddie and Bruce are great showmen with great range on their vocals. Freddie would definitely be my next choice.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I went Bruce Dickinson purely because I am biased as Maiden are one of my all time favourite bands and they were my gateway band into the metal genre. Both Freddie and Bruce are great showmen with great range on their vocals. Freddie would definitely be my next choice.
And as an added bonus he could fly the team plane when on tour.

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
My favourite Rock Vocalist is actually Brent Smith from Shinedown, he is beyond criminally underrated!

Enjoy this piece of Vocal skill, control of his voice is next level.

Some great Vocalists on that list though...
Shinedowns version of Simple Man is bloody unreal!

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Hetfield or Anselmo for pure sound. If I could sing I'd wanna sound like those blokes.
Freddie Mercury would be the most talented of the bunch named IMO.

Reaction score
surprised no robert plant, or no females like amy lee for eg.
layne staley and sebastian bach were pretty fuckin good