The Kennel Comedian thing/place

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Wow, that's awesome. I'd imagine programming a generic channel like that these days would be near on impossible. No matter what you used and how pc all the material would need to be, there'd still be a never ending parade of snowflakes who'd be offended by something trivial and then feel the need to vent about it on twitter.
100% mate, glad it’s no longer my problem and was before sewer (social) media existed. 20 years ago it was hard enough keeping it clean and interesting. Qantas after a staff change gave us a little more leverage with language etc but still a mission to fill 2 hours every month. Today it’d be impossible but just like at home, entertainment is pivoting towards personal choice due to increased availability of Wi-Fi.

Speaking of snowflakes, not the comedy channel but the music that played over the speakers when people got on/off the plane: there was a version of the Celine Dion Titanic song playing. Now Celine Dion might be grounds for complaint but it was an instrumental version. I got a complaint letter that said ‘You made me uneasy flying by playing music that reminded me of a transport disaster’. Per James Hetfield: Sad But True!

Last edited:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
100% mate, glad it’s no longer my problem and was before sewer (social) media existed. 20 years ago it was hard enough keeping it clean and interesting. Qantas after a staff change gave us a little more leverage with language etc but still a mission to fill 2 hours every month. Today it’d be impossible but just like at home, entertainment is pivoting towards personal choice due to increased availability of Wi-Fi.

Speaking of snowflakes, not the comedy channel but the music that played over the speakers when people got on/off the plane: there was a version of the Celine Dion Titanic song playing. Now Celine Dion might be grounds for complaint but it was an instrumental version. I got a complaint letter that said ‘You made me uneasy flying by playing music that reminded me of a transport disaster’. Per James Hetfield: Sad But True!

Holy shit. I'm going to need a doctor. I rolled my eyes that hard I think I sprained something.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Holy shit. I'm going to need a doctor. I rolled my eyes that hard I think I sprained something.
Ha ha, yep.
We framed the letter and hung it up in the studio as a reminder of how inconsiderate we were :-).

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Dave Chappelle tickets go on sale at 11am if anyone is interested
Ticketek & Live Nation pre-sales

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw ray romano in New York, pretty average to be fair.
Jason alexander was very good
Brad garrett show in vegas was good too
My best 3 live are
Anh do
Carl barron
Akmal
All 3 totally different, but funny as

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are a 60 year old Boomer like me this guy is hysterical...

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Dave Chapelle was awesome last night. So funny and having Jeff Ross & Donnell Rawlings from the Chappelle show there was a great surprise. Jeff Ross roasted a group of people from the crowd and was as hilarious as usual.
Highly recommended.

I was walking from barangaroo to the rocks in the morning and saw Dave Chappelle & three big black bodyguards having a smoke down a little alley and said hi. Nice bloke

Edit: @Flanagun It wasn’t for the woke-hearted :grinning:

Last edited:

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Dave Chapelle was awesome last night. So funny and having Jeff Ross & Donnell Rawlings from the Chappelle show there was a great surprise. Jeff Ross roasted a group of people from the crowd and was as hilarious as usual.
Highly recommended.

I was walking from barangaroo to the rocks in the morning and saw Dave Chappelle & three big black bodyguards having a smoke down a little alley and said hi. Nice bloke
Reggie!!!

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
@GODofWAR I've recently started listening to Bill Burr's podcast while at work. It's freaking hilarious he just rambles on about random topics and looses his shit. Half the time he's watching an NFL game in the background and randomly in the middle of discussing something he just start going off at the game. He also has fans write in about problems or shit that they want his advice on, and some of those can be great. I just love when he goes on a rant.

Podcast channel on YouTube

There is also a couple of channels that take parts of his podcast where the fans write in for advice if you just want some short videos.

Burr just checking in

Just checking in on yaaa

On a side note, I love the way he says Lay-dee.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
@GODofWAR I've recently started listening to Bill Burr's podcast while at work. It's freaking hilarious he just rambles on about random topics and looses his shit. Half the time he's watching an NFL game in the background and randomly in the middle of discussing something he just start going off at the game. He also has fans write in about problems or shit that they want his advice on, and some of those can be great. I just love when he goes on a rant.

Podcast channel on YouTube

There is also a couple of channels that take parts of his podcast where the fans write in for advice if you just want some short videos.

Burr just checking in

Just checking in on yaaa

On a side note, I love the way he says Lay-dee.
I love that funny ****, definately will watch them.

Thanks my bearded brother.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh great another thread to do with comedy.
Anyone old enough to remember when Aussies used to have good comedians?
Or also remember when free to air t.v had half a backbone?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Oh great another thread to do with comedy.
Anyone old enough to remember when Aussies used to have good comedians?
Or also remember when free to air t.v had half a backbone?
:tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: your posts are comedy gold