The Kennel Comedian thing/place

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Any Derek and Clive fans on here? Can't say I've listened to their stuff for about 20 years, but me and best bud still endlessly quote them :grinning:. Long live Peter Cook and Dudley Moore.
Have always loved ‘This Bloke Came Up To Me’ :-).

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Any Derek and Clive fans on here? Can't say I've listened to their stuff for about 20 years, but me and best bud still endlessly quote them :grinning:. Long live Peter Cook and Dudley Moore.
Had to google it. But I'd heard the sketch before set to the two old men in the theatre from the Muppets.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Had to google it. But I'd heard the sketch before set to the two old men in the theatre from the Muppets.
Ha. Had never imagined Waldorf and Statler with that skit but it works! :-).

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ha, even just reading that me laugh.

I remember being on a domestic flight once before we all had smartphones etc, back when they had in-flight audio channels (remember those awful headphones and that little scrolly thing you used to change the channel) and on the comedy channel, amongst all the comedy pc stuff, they had a Derek and Clive track. I thought no way, that's not possible. I listened through all the Bill Cosby and other similar stuff and finally got to the track, and it was the 20 second "Blind' bit. I thought, ok, that is possibly the only 20 seconds of them that could be played on a qantas flight.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Ha, even just reading that me laugh.

I remember being on a domestic flight once before we all had smartphones etc, back when they had in-flight audio channels (remember those awful headphones and that little scrolly thing you used to change the channel) and on the comedy channel, amongst all the comedy pc stuff, they had a Derek and Clive track. I thought no way, that's not possible. I listened through all the Bill Cosby and other similar stuff and finally got to the track, and it was the 20 second "Blind' bit. I thought, ok, that is possibly the only 20 seconds of them that could be played on a qantas flight.
True story. I used to put that channel together.
Had to be very careful with what was used.
Got a few interesting complaints :-).
It’s how I discovered many classics...
9331D8B4-C4AA-4A91-B639-4E97EDF4355C.jpeg

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
First saw this guy at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe in 2008. So funny. Has a lot of audience participation and just makes a skit outa nothing.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This was always my fave. Its a little déjà vu

turn volume up to hear last 2 seconds.

Last edited:

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Possibly, but the sweatshops in China are probably cheaper, as that’s where most of them come from.
I know Lithgow jail used to do something for some airline's.
Tip you can't get anything made from prison industries and cheap we used to get the jails to make cupboards for schools we'd do installs in

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I know Lithgow jail used to do something for some airline's.
Tip you can't get anything made from prison industries and cheap we used to get the jails to make cupboards for schools we'd do installs in
I don’t doubt that for a second. The bureaucracy needs more rehabilitation than the inmates...

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
True story. I used to put that channel together.
Had to be very careful with what was used.
Got a few interesting complaints :-).
It’s how I discovered many classics...
Wow, that's awesome. I'd imagine programming a generic channel like that these days would be near on impossible. No matter what you used and how pc all the material would need to be, there'd still be a never ending parade of snowflakes who'd be offended by something trivial and then feel the need to vent about it on twitter.