The kennel activity

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I got banned for calling a user a **** rash AFTER he called me a **** because I didn't agree with this bullshit. Yet the instigator didn't get banned until I asked why?

Apparently EVERY mod just missed that, Even though quote was used to ban me.

Like I've told the mods before, if they don't want cursing, then censor it like it was before...
This is true. At the time the mods made a mistake 'cause they're human and they were dealing with about 50 reports at the time.

Fortunately we rectified it by banning the other guy too eventually.

Seriously though. Do we have to report everything? I mean, I don't want to tell people not to report things but when Person A makes a statement, if Person B says "I disagree", don't report that. Seriously. People are actually reporting that kind of stuff

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
One semi-final game I had an entire team out to get me. Kept racking me with the studs everytime I was on the ground. I was playing prop that game and whenever I packed down on the blind side, the opposite prop would start belting my ribs.

Eventually I got the shits with it, ducked my head down in the scrum then came back up hard. Broke the blokes nose with the back of my head. I was awfully proud of myself until I went down in a ruck again and the whole team ran in and started hammering me. Dislocated my shoulder and ended up with a fair few bruises.

On the plus side, their entire team was disqualified so we won the final by default. Got smashed in the grand final but at least we got there.
I think you shared that wonderful story before.. Actually it sounds like a metaphor for being a Mod on the Kennel..:grimacing:

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s a tough gig being a Mod..kudos to them for taking the job. It’s pretty much a thankless task, and there is a whole lot of shit thrown at em. I mean truly this place would be a madhouse if it wasn’t for em. I was a school teacher..so I know what it means to be seen as an ‘authoritative’ figure that enforces certain rules and barriers that people find too restrictive. Unfortunately mods, unlike teachers, are part of the crowd too..so that’s a bit of a difficult balance to help maintain. In addition, TK members, on the most part, are men with certain views which have been shaped by experiences, they are also passionate Doggy supporters, as are the Mods, which is something that connects us all. I think that’s something we lose sight of, it’s why we are here in the first place. Additionally, like in all ‘positions’, we are going to get great Mods, good Mods, mediocre Mods, hopeless Mods, bad Mods, arsehole Mods..just like some Kennelers.

Anyway, it’s completely understandable that some members get upset and feel victimised from time to time. However, the nature of forums like this, is that it can often fall into chaos unless certain standards and rules are followed and enforced. It is worth noting too, if one is unhappy with the forum’s restrictions, or reactions, both Kennelers, and Mods for that matter, certainly have the option to leave.. Which would be a shame as I love the vibe and diversity of the place..and I have met brilliant human beings, none better than @ASSASSIN and @south of heaven ,just wonderful people, truly..and I have come across a fair few pricks too. Ultimately, it’s a place to have fun, relax and enjoy each other’s diversity..and help if we can..which is so evident in the true nature of the Kennel reflected in the RU Ok thread. It shouldn’t be a place of personal, hurtful, vitriol argument and discourse..as behind the screen, behind the keyboard, we are united Doggy fans.

Reactions: GDR

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
This is true. At the time the mods made a mistake 'cause they're human and they were dealing with about 50 reports at the time.

Fortunately we rectified it by banning the other guy too eventually.

Seriously though. Do we have to report everything? I mean, I don't want to tell people not to report things but when Person A makes a statement, if Person B says "I disagree", don't report that. Seriously. People are actually reporting that kind of stuff
Well I agree with you, most people report now because they are playing the same game a few fuckwits on here play. Tit for tat.

And yes you guys did rectify it.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It’s a tough gig being a Mod..kudos to them for taking the job. It’s pretty much a thankless task, and there is a whole lot of shit thrown at em. I mean truly this place would be a madhouse if it wasn’t for em. I was a school teacher..so I know what it means to be seen as an ‘authoritative’ figure that enforces certain rules and barriers that people find too restrictive. Unfortunately mods, unlike teachers, are part of the crowd too..so that’s a bit of a difficult balance to help maintain. In addition, TK members, on the most part, are men with certain views which have been shaped by experiences, they are also passionate Doggy supporters, as are the Mods, which is something that connects us all. I think that’s something we lose sight of, it’s why we are here in the first place. Additionally, like in all ‘positions’, we are going to get great Mods, good Mods, mediocre Mods, hopeless Mods, bad Mods, arsehole Mods..just like some Kennelers.

Anyway, it’s completely understandable that some members get upset and feel victimised from time to time. However, the nature of forums like this, is that it can often fall into chaos unless certain standards and rules are followed and enforced. It is worth noting too, if one is unhappy with the forum’s restrictions, or reactions, both Kennelers, and Mods for that matter, certainly have the option to leave.. Which would be a shame as I love the vibe and diversity of the place..and I have met brilliant human beings, none better than @ASSASSIN and @south of heaven ,just wonderful people, truly..and I have come across a fair few pricks too. Ultimately, it’s a place to have fun, relax and enjoy each other’s diversity..and help if we can..which is so evident in the true nature of the Kennel reflected in the RU Ok thread. It shouldn’t be a place of personal, hurtful, vitriol argument and discourse..as behind the screen, behind the keyboard, we are united Doggy fans.
Wait, am I a prick or a brilliant prick? Lol need to know so I know whether to get offended or not lol

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
One semi-final game I had an entire team out to get me. Kept racking me with the studs everytime I was on the ground. I was playing prop that game and whenever I packed down on the blind side, the opposite prop would start belting my ribs.

Eventually I got the shits with it, ducked my head down in the scrum then came back up hard. Broke the blokes nose with the back of my head. I was awfully proud of myself until I went down in a ruck again and the whole team ran in and started hammering me. Dislocated my shoulder and ended up with a fair few bruises.

On the plus side, their entire team was disqualified so we won the final by default. Got smashed in the grand final but at least we got there.
I'm very proud of you too. I love when smug shit ***** get what's coming to them. Every dog has his day...

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Wait, am I a prick or a brilliant prick? Lol need to know so I know whether to get offended or not lol
Well it’s your wife’s call if you are a brilliant prick.. Lol! But you my man are simply a legendary human being..one of the best..:kissingheart:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Well it’s your wife’s call if you are a brilliant prick.. Lol! But you my man are simply a legendary human being..one of the best..:kissingheart:
Is there a blushing button? Lol

Well you are a major inspiration to myself and any decent human on here sensei.

Keep on keeping on.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Is there a blushing button? Lol

Well you are a major inspiration to myself and any decent human on here sensei.

Keep on keeping on.
Oh sheesh..i feel the same about yourself.. and I found one..:relaxed:

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Sorry I took so long to reply to this. I was dealing with a very personal matter today.

I probably shouldn't talk about personal stuff online but I had these Onion bacon jam chicken wings in America the other week and today I had to work on figuring out the recipe. I think I figured it out. Then I improved it.
Feel free to share that recipe, it sounds bloody delicious!

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
I’m still around haha.

can’t wait for footy to start - that’s because I spent yesterday checking out my new second home

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
For those that have never seen the forum rules.

Most of these rules are breached on a daily basis, it goes to show that we are lenient on most things.

I’d bet that most of us have broken at least one third of them and probably daily.

Dear Kennel Members,

Please use this as a reference to all the Rules and Regulations towards contributing on The Kennel Forum. We would encourage you to take the time to understand and familiarize with the content to ensure we, as Kennel Members are all aligned with the Rules.

If you have any question please contact one of The Kennel Staff Members

On Behalf of the Kennel Team
Thank you

A

Alexander the Great

Threating violence over a footy forum. Well that will do me.

Fuck some ***** need to get hobbies
currently the only banned members are
A member who has threatened several people (not just mods) with violence.
Multiple duplicate accounts (duplicate accounts are not allowed
And member who decided to release personal information about user who didn't want the personal information disclosed..

There are no other members currently banned, so your assumptions was entirely incorrect.

A

Alexander the Great

**** rash is a beauty. I think I'll start using that
I got banned for calling a user a **** rash AFTER he called me a **** because I didn't agree with this bullshit. Yet the instigator didn't get banned until I asked why?

Apparently EVERY mod just missed that, Even though quote was used to ban me.

Like I've told the mods before, if they don't want cursing, then censor it like it was before...

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
A consistent theme generally from the same person asking the same questions about other people’s bans.

You may not publicly complain about or demand a reason for another user's ban, the deletion of a message, or the deletion/closure of a thread. Any discussion about warnings, bans, message deletion, thread deletion and thread closure should be done over private email between the person concerned and the moderators.