News The Italian stallion Paul Vaughan

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Italian stallion Paul Vaughan will rack up his 200th game against the knights. Let’s hope the boys back up with another solid performance and get the W for him as I think he has been one of our best all year. I for one will be first to admit I wasn’t overly impressed with the signing at first and it took him a little while to get going but honestly he has been great and I know it’s been beat to death that we should’ve retained him instead of like signing Ryan Sutton ect. I think we should try and get him to reneg on his deal overseas and honestly try and retain him for a further 2 years. Since I don’t think Thomson will be with us and Vaughan will be on a lot less. Offer Thomson to the club Vaughan signed with and keep Vaughan. Anyway hope we get a W for Vaughan on his mile stone game.
Give him a shot at goal once we pass the 50 point mark.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wish he was staying but he lost out on $$ big time when Drags sacked him. ESL probably offering way more lucrative contracts. Vaughny is a beast. I knew he was gonna be good for us. Spewing he’s here for only a year.
From what I can see the ESL have a cap of GBP2.1M. It's not big but they can have 2 marquee players in that.

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I can see the ESL have a cap of GBP2.1M. It's not big but they can have 2 marquee players in that.
ESL salary cap rules that each Super League and Championship Club is permitted to have two Marquee Players whose Salary Cap value is limited to £150,000 (or £75,000 if Club Trained)

Today's FX means GBP 150k = ~AUD 260k

Separately, they're allowed 7 overseas players. For 2023, Warrington have:

Peter Mata’utia
Thomas Mikaele
Matt Dufty
Sam Kasiano
Josh McGuire
Paul Vaughan

I'm making an assumption that out of your marquee players, they're in your overseas contingent - separately, Kasiano, McGuire and Vaughan. oof there's trouble right there - and not just for the opposition.

Std salary cap of GBP 2.1M converts into AUD 3.6M - not sure how much they're paying their marquee players, but you'd think that if Vaughan was chasing the money he'd stay here (unless the Warrington owner has deep pockets)....maybe he wants to do weekend trips to France, Spain etc, a la Nathan Cleary to Bali :tonguewink:

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Happy with his form the last couple of months. Keeping in mind that he is on a one year contract and knows this year he is in the shop window playing for his next contract. Not to say he wouldn't aim up if given a new contract with us, but let's face it, how many players do become complacent after nabbing that 2-3 year deal? Good luck to him in ESL. I personally think he was worth the risk of an extension.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Has always been a good forward, expected him to do his job with no frills and solidly honestly

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Post contact metres off the charts
he is 4th on an individual basis
Our next best is Waddell 42nd

BlackJackBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Does he have a get out clause in his contract if he gets an NRL one?

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Vaghan is a very good NRL level prop..

Shame he wasnt resigned.. id rate him as our best prop..