News The Italian stallion Paul Vaughan

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
What can we do for Paul to get him to renig on SuperLeague?

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Salary cap maybe? He wants longer deal worth more $$ and maybe we weren't in a position to offer him?

He's on 400k or something. He is easy worth 650k minimum in todays market.

But yeah I would love him to stay. He's so consistent and fit.
He must have demanded a big salary increase, which is justified with how he's played for us. The club either couldn't, or didn't want to meet his demands. Maybe they didn't want to give a guy his age a multi year deal? It's hard to understand though, given we've lost Hetherington and Thompson's future is uncertain. Who's coming through? I don't know of anyone kicking the door down in reggies, so I hope there's a plan. I'm sure there is, just don't know who they're going to replace Vaughan with. Certainly not Sutton.

For next season we have..

King
TPJ
Thompson?
Patolo
Sutton, Think he's more a backrower?
Tsikrikas
Makatoa

Anyone else? Looks like TPJ will definitely play in the front row, because there's a distinct lack of impact there.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He must have demanded a big salary increase, which is justified with how he's played for us. The club either couldn't, or didn't want to meet his demands. Maybe they didn't want to give a guy his age a multi year deal? It's hard to understand though, given we've lost Hetherington and Thompson's future is uncertain. Who's coming through? I don't know of anyone kicking the door down in reggies, so I hope there's a plan. I'm sure there is, just don't know who they're going to replace Vaughan with. Certainly not Sutton.

King
TPJ
Thompson?
Patolo
Tsikrikas
Makatoa

Anyone else? Looks like TPJ will definitely play in the front row, because there's a distinct lack of impact there.
Sutton definitely a prop. I think there's a good chance we sign a marquee prop for 2024.

Malla

Reaction score

King
TPJ
Thompson?
Patolo
Tsikrikas
Makatoa

Yeah bro based on that you would think we have enough in the cap for him but I am only going to assume there's gonna be some money for Burton, Kikau and Mahoney plus upgrading some younger depth players. 100% AGREED on Vaughan over Sutton..

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am also very dissappointed that were losing him, I like most of us don't know why he wasn't resigned, but he may have wanted to play his last few years in the SL. On the flip side I have a hunch that we will have Hass for 23 or 24.
There must be a few with Italian blood on TK which is nice to see.
Oddly i have the same gut feeling about Hass.

Something has to give at The Broncs.

I am also disappointed to be loosing Vaughan as he seems to have really bought in to The Bulldogs culture and is playing terrific.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am also very dissappointed that were losing him, I like most of us don't know why he wasn't resigned, but he may have wanted to play his last few years in the SL. On the flip side I have a hunch that we will have Hass for 23 or 24.
There must be a few with Italian blood on TK which is nice to see.
I agree. Gus wouldn't let Vaughn go without a solid backup (Sutton isnt it). Unless we have some gun props coming through the junior ranks, I think the Haas rumours are true. There is too much smoke there. Probably just waiting for the end of the season before we see some action
Give him Thommo's $800K contract and a few paper bags from Laundy and we'll have the best prop in the NRL
We've just landed the most in demand coach in the NRL so I'm sure Gus can pull off the Haas deal too.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure where to post this but WTF happened to spell check. After the latest website update it doesnt work anymore. My friggin typing (and spelling) is so bad I need it correct my posts

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Again, no idea how we will replace him, we’re a different side with him off the field. He’s what gives us most of our go forward.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We really need a contribution from Thommo this week

We struggled when our starting props were out of the game and the Knights pack at least on Paper is strong

If Thommo is out again just cut him because it’s now beyond a joke (I don’t believe the concussion excuses)
I am starting to think the same.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wish he was staying but he lost out on $$ big time when Drags sacked him. ESL probably offering way more lucrative contracts. Vaughny is a beast. I knew he was gonna be good for us. Spewing he’s here for only a year.
THe Sl salary cap is much less that of the NRL, so can't see why we couldn't offer him at least the same$.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure where to post this but WTF happened to spell check. After the latest website update it doesnt work anymore. My friggin typing (and spelling) is so bad I need it correct my posts
Agree I am an oldie, this teh is not easy, the posts on TK don't aleart to errors in spelling.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I Love having Vaughany and want him to stay, Gus, Arthur are you listening to us all!!

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why did we sign Sutton? Should of kept Vaughan ffs.

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Italian stallion Paul Vaughan will rack up his 200th game against the knights. Let’s hope the boys back up with another solid performance and get the W for him as I think he has been one of our best all year. I for one will be first to admit I wasn’t overly impressed with the signing at first and it took him a little while to get going but honestly he has been great and I know it’s been beat to death that we should’ve retained him instead of like signing Ryan Sutton ect. I think we should try and get him to reneg on his deal overseas and honestly try and retain him for a further 2 years. Since I don’t think Thomson will be with us and Vaughan will be on a lot less. Offer Thomson to the club Vaughan signed with and keep Vaughan. Anyway hope we get a W for Vaughan on his mile stone game.
I like Vaughn, compared to Dufty Vaughn actually deserved another contract, shame they didn't offer this guy one!