News The Italian stallion Paul Vaughan

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Italian stallion Paul Vaughan will rack up his 200th game against the knights. Let’s hope the boys back up with another solid performance and get the W for him as I think he has been one of our best all year. I for one will be first to admit I wasn’t overly impressed with the signing at first and it took him a little while to get going but honestly he has been great and I know it’s been beat to death that we should’ve retained him instead of like signing Ryan Sutton ect. I think we should try and get him to reneg on his deal overseas and honestly try and retain him for a further 2 years. Since I don’t think Thomson will be with us and Vaughan will be on a lot less. Offer Thomson to the club Vaughan signed with and keep Vaughan. Anyway hope we get a W for Vaughan on his mile stone game.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
he's been one of the big reasons our form has turned around, sad to see him go but wish him all the best. we are paying him peanuts and he's busting his ass for the club, can't ask for more than that.

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Last few weeks he has been good, he struggled earlier on

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whatever way you look at Vaughn and I like what he has provided for us, Mile Stone games as a motive for wins could not have played a big role at the club in the last few years.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Who’s out there that fits the Vaughan mould? We need to replace him. Someone with 150+ games, tidy in the middle, good leg drive and size. We don’t really have anyone to replace him, and we didn’t look great in D with king and Vaughan off yesterday. I haven’t watch Ryan Sutton play so no idea if he can replicate big vaughny, he doesn’t have the experience though which is crucial

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I take my hat off to Paul instead of sulking over lost money he has come out and put in some absolutely fantastic performances for our club.
Its a real shame the management couldn’t work out an extension.

QLDdogsfan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I've mentioned it in another thread but I for the life of me cannot understand first of all how we didn't resign him. But the fact that no other NRL club picked him up and he's going overseas just blows mind. He's been exceptional for us.

Malla

Reaction score
I've mentioned it in another thread but I for the life of me cannot understand first of all how we didn't resign him. But the fact that no other NRL club picked him up and he's going overseas just blows mind. He's been exceptional for us.
Salary cap maybe? He wants longer deal worth more $$ and maybe we weren't in a position to offer him?

He's on 400k or something. He is easy worth 650k minimum in todays market.

But yeah I would love him to stay. He's so consistent and fit.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should’ve of kept him even if he was playing mediocre. He’s Italian ffs. Why wouldn’t you want an Italian or 2 in the squad.
I am also very dissappointed that were losing him, I like most of us don't know why he wasn't resigned, but he may have wanted to play his last few years in the SL. On the flip side I have a hunch that we will have Hass for 23 or 24.
There must be a few with Italian blood on TK which is nice to see.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We really need a contribution from Thommo this week

We struggled when our starting props were out of the game and the Knights pack at least on Paper is strong

If Thommo is out again just cut him because it’s now beyond a joke (I don’t believe the concussion excuses)

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We really need a contribution from Thommo this week

We struggled when our starting props were out of the game and the Knights pack at least on Paper is strong

If Thommo is out again just cut him because it’s now beyond a joke (I don’t believe the concussion excuses)
He’s making $32k per game watching on the sidelines, preserving his body under the guise of ‘concussion’. Who wouldn’t do the same?

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Wish he was staying but he lost out on $$ big time when Drags sacked him. ESL probably offering way more lucrative contracts. Vaughny is a beast. I knew he was gonna be good for us. Spewing he’s here for only a year.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You never know - he might change his mind!

We could accommodate him, especially if Thompson goes home