Opinion The Intrust Super Premiership has the Bulldogs feeling like family again

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good article & no political inferences this time.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You Stuart Thomas are a champion. He pretty much sums up the situation perfectly.

I know we have a ways to go but it felt good just seeing the boys play with pride and commitment. It was like watching Dogs teams of the past.......we were down 10-0 and looking in all sorts of trouble but they seemed to have an unshakable faith that they could peg Newtown back and stay in the game.

Some of the defence was inspired and even though we allowed them some latitude in attack at various stages, when it counted they hit and hit hard. Several sets defended on the line, lots of scrambling but still they kept turning up.

The look on the boys face at halftime was not one of feeling that they were in trouble rather that they knew in the end they would win it. Three unanswered tries was their response and yeah the Harper one lucky but that's what the game can be decided on ; who takes those bits of luck and converts them into points.

We did it the hard way after a first up loss to Penrith , meaning we would eventually face two opponents who we had not beaten all year. Fortune favours the braver and we were brave.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Love it, thanks Stuart

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
Great read Stu, give 'em hell at The Roar too.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Great article - enjoyed the read - it was spot on!

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great article. The stench of Dibb & Des will slowly ebb as we move forward. For the 1st time in at least 5 years I am truly excited about our recruitment because we are actually looking for competitive athletic footballers versus just athletes. 2019 & 2020 will setup our ability to purchase marquees for 2021 to complement the young maturing talent we recruit during this period. Bring on 2019.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great article. The stench of Dibb & Des will slowly ebb as we move forward. For the 1st time in at least 5 years I am truly excited about our recruitment because we are actually looking for competitive athletic footballers versus just athletes. 2019 & 2020 will setup our ability to purchase marquees for 2021 to complement the young maturing talent we recruit during this period. Bring on 2019.
The marquee for 2020 without question should be to bring back damien cook...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I vote Phil Rothfield gets sacked an Stuart Thomas becomes the new Head of League reporting at Daily Telegraph!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Good article. Could have used a few political references to fire up the right wingnuts... but, good stuff.

Stuart Thomas

Waterboy
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks for all those really nice comments people. Much appreciated. I have a couple of exciting things in the works for the future and might be calling on the kennel for some input. I'll keep you posted. The focus now is operations, rest and relaxation for the players to ensure 2019 is another step forward.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thanks for all those really nice comments people. Much appreciated. I have a couple of exciting things in the works for the future and might be calling on the kennel for some input. I'll keep you posted. The focus now is operations, rest and relaxation for the players to ensure 2019 is another step forward.

You are quite welcome Stuart. It is really refreshing to see a genuine article that actually talks about the club and its players in a measured way. Made this doggies fan feel good about what our future may hold.

The Intrust competition unfortunately is an after thought where the NRL is concerned but I love going and seeing the up and coming players and the experienced elder statesmen who are nearing the end of their careers play together.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Wishing you only the very best success with this... you deserve it.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Great work brother, please don't turn into the MSM hacks.

Keep it up!