The injury thread..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rottie

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
ok I'm bored so let's get some interesting stories out there...

What is an injury you've copped, could be anything, a fight, work related, car accident, sports injuries, if you were in pain, tell us the story...

Ok I'll start.

I was overseas at the time (Iraq) I was about 17 so quite a while ago, a group of us friends got together and we were known as the 'europeans' cause we were all from foreign countries, so a few locals must've jealous or they just didn't like us I dunno why, call it a racist thing haha, anyway me and 2 others got seperated from the lot and we got ambushed by 3 ugly fuckn *****, straight away 2 of them jump on one of my mates punching him and the other started punching on with my other mate, so I quickly go over to my mate that has 2 guys on him, mind you he had this **** and was laying straight punches to his face, the second guy was punching my mate in the back left part of his head at the same time punch after punch, so I jumped in and get the **** in a headlock twisting my body and throwing himself an I to the ground, there was a struggle on the ground for a bit and I just felt crack....
Not thinking much of it he got up and all they ran...

So we jump in my mates car and I feel liquid down my back, I touch it and look, I'm soaking in blood, **** stabbed me with a broken glass bottle, I didn't even realise I'd been stabbed, so we went to the chemist, yes the chemist we thought we'll get it clean and some bandaids.

The guy at the chemist tells me to lie on my front and tells my mate to put as much pressure as he can on my top right part of my back, and he's got his whole body weight on it and the blood just didn't stop, so we ended up going hospital, some fat **** I still doubt is a real doctor let alone a surgeon cuts my back open about 7cm incision sticks surgical pliers in, there was 2 pieces of glass stuck in my bone (I wonder why, stupid chemist) and I can feel this **** pulling so hard my shoulder was getting yanked back (all done without any anaesthetic), anyhow I think that was the worst pain my body's ever been through, he finally gets the glass out stitches me up and I was on my bloody way..

Your turn...

Last edited:

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

What is an injury you've copped, could be anything, a fight, work related, car accident, sports injuries, if you were in pain, tell us the story...

Ok I'll start.

I was overseas at the time (Iraq) I was about 17 so quite a while ago, a group of us friends got together and we were known as the 'europeans' cause we were all from foreign countries, so a few locals must've jealous or they just didn't like us I dunno why, call it a racist thing haha, anyway me and 2 others got seperated from the lot and we got ambushed by 3 ugly fuckn *****, straight away 2 of them jump on one of my mates punching him and the other started punching on with my other mate, so I quickly go over to my mate that has 2 guys on him, mind you he had this **** and was laying straight punches to his face, the second guy was punching my mate in the back left part of his head at the same time punch after punch, so I jumped in and get the **** in a headlock twisting my body and throwing himself an I to the ground, there was a struggle on the ground for a bit and I just felt crack....

So we jump in my mates car and I feel liquid down my back, I touch it and look, I'm soaking in blood, **** stabbed me with a broken glass bottle, I didn't even realise I'd been stabbed, so we went to the chemist, yes the chemist we thought we'll get it clean and some bandaids.

The guy at the chemist tells me to lie on my front and tells my mate to put as much pressure as he can on my top right part of my back, and he's got his whole body weight on it and the blood just didn't stop, so we ended up going hospital, some fat **** I still doubt is a real doctor let alone a surgeon cuts my back open about 7cm incision sticks surgical pliers in, there was 2 pieces of glass stuck in my bone (I wonder why, stupid chemist) and I can feel this **** pulling so hard my shoulder was getting yanked back (all done without any anaesthetic), anyhow I think that was the worst pain my body's ever been through, he finally gets the glass out stitches me up and I was on my bloody way..

Your turn...

hey i found the footage of you in that chemist shop.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Ok I'll start.

Your turn...

jokes aside it is a cool story how you got out of it without getting infections or Hep C. lol

I never got any bad injury (touch wood) other than torn ankle ligaments which i suffered few years ago playing soccer.

However my older brother in his teens suffered a horrific injury. In the poor suburbs of Ryadh my brother was the local push bike willy champion. He could do stunts while willying his push bikes and all the arab kids were in awe of this indian kid. with continuous willying on his push bike and landing it on the ground from height made the the joint of the weld between the bike frame and the front fork weakened and almost cracked which he never noticed till the day he got injured. So this one day after he was willying and showing off to onlookers he decided to put the front wheel down . As soon as he landed the front wheel on the ground the weld between the fork and the bike frame completely cracked, the front wheel with the fork completely came off and the the rod joining the fork and the bike frame went straight through front of his ankle.

the scene was pretty horrific and straight from the SAW movie.

PS. he recovered fully from his injury and that was the end of willying career.

Rottie

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
jokes aside it is a cool story how you got out of it without getting infections or Hep C. lol

I never got any bad injury (touch wood) other than torn ankle ligaments which i suffered few years ago playing soccer.

However my older brother in his teens suffered a horrific injury. In the poor suburbs of Ryadh my brother was the local push bike willy champion. He could do stunts while willying his push bikes and all the arab kids were in awe of this indian kid. with continuous willying on his push bike and landing it on the ground from height made the the joint of the weld between the bike frame and the front fork weakened and almost cracked which he never noticed till the day he got injured. So this one day after he was willying and showing off to onlookers he decided to put the front wheel down . As soon as he landed the front wheel on the ground the weld between the fork and the bike frame completely cracked, the front wheel with the fork completely came off and the the rod joining the fork and the bike frame went straight through front of his ankle.

Ooh shiit, ouch

Lady Emerald

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

You said willying so many times i started imagining you saying it in an accent :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Okay so I've also torn ankle ligaments in my left ankle by falling out of bed but that's not that bad.

In my lifetime I've broken the same collar bone twice.

First time i was 4 years old jumping on my parents bed falling off and hitting the dressing table. I remember it being painful hut nothing like when it happened the second time.

I was 15 years old and this time my cousins, my sister and i were playing tackle footy. Now of course my dad and uncle had to join. At the time dad was around 145kgs. He tackled me onto the gutter and as id hit the gutter the back of my collar bone hit the ground and popped out of place, what broke it is when i screamed in agony and dad squeezed it trying saying "its not broken" nek minute i hear a loud crack and my deadly screama can be heard throughout the whole suburb. It maybe a small bone but its fucking painful as hell!! Id rather be stabbed in the eye with a fork.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm nominating you for a bravery award.
thanking you i didn't want to post about my horrific injury on here and seem like bragging. but i thought it may help other people who have trod on bindis to get through it.
its not easy but you can get through it im living proof

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
thanking you i didn't want to post about my horrific injury on here and seem like bragging. but i thought it may help other people who have trod on bindis to get through it.
its not easy but you can get through it im living proof
Have you thought about writing a script and taking this story to Hollywood?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have you thought about writing a script and taking this story to Hollywood?
im i talks atm but they have to water it down a bit because they belive its to traumatic for the viewers .
but they will still have the key elements in it a story about hardship, survival and the power to over come.
i believe morgan Freeman will be doing the narrative on it

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fre
im i talks atm but they have to water it down a bit because they belive its to traumatic for the viewers .
but they will still have the key elements in it a story about hardship, survival and the power to over come.
i believe morgan Freeman will be doing the narrative on it
Freeman is the best possible choice. I know this story will hit Australians right in the feels. There have been too many people tragically maimed by bindis in this country. Bindi related injury were rated just behind snake attacks in a survey about what Australians fear most. I hope your story can throw hope to those debilitated by fear of bindis.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Ok I'll start.

Your turn...
you went to a chemist?!

Even so What a stupid Dumbass chemist to even attempt to delay medical treatment . You were obviously haemorrhaging , yet he exacerbated it by getting someone to put pressure on your back.. And not calling an ambulance straight away..Fmd lucky you're alive.

No anaesthetic well that's emergency surgery for you.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Well I was playing Rugby..I felt I wasn't doing enough work..I played break away..so I charged into the next maul..unfortunately I put my head on the inside of the maul rather than on the outside..fundamental mistake.. It meant my head had nowhere to go except straight into the oncoming wall of players..instinctively I ducked my head..as I did I got pushed from behind and lost my balance..I ended up falling on top of my head on the ground.. Just as I did that everybody else fell on top of me and around me..probably 10 or so..maybe more.. I could hear my neck bones grinding..I used all my strength to hold on..but one crack..than two cracks..than I felt the dislocation.. perhaps if not as many players fell on me I'd only have sustained a fracture of my neck.. which would mean a fusion..neck brace for a while..than my life back..but no rugby! Lol! Anyway my spinal cord was damaged and I lay gasping for breath on Chatswood Oval.. Just a note if I smoked or wasn't so fit..I wouldn't be hear to tell this tale..so get healthy!!

The helicopter came..flew me to the hell hole that was North Shore hospital..thankfully it's changed now for the better..where I learnt how to survive..ha..I reckon Bear Grylls would have his work cut in the old days there..especially when you are completely dependent on others.. After some pressure areas..but no sores..and a massive urine infection..I made it through..

Ironically in all the footy I have played..League/Union..been in collapsed scrums..tackles..on the bottom of a hundred mauls..never broke or dislocated any other bone.. Just the ones that counted..Go figure..

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Fre

Freeman is the best possible choice. I know this story will hit Australians right in the feels. There have been too many people tragically maimed by bindis in this country. Bindi related injury were rated just behind snake attacks in a survey about what Australians fear most. I hope your story can throw hope to those debilitated by fear of bindis.
If you can't get the real Morgan.. I do not a bad impersonation of him.. :-)

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well I was playing Rugby..I felt I wasn't doing enough work..I played break away..so I charged into the next maul..unfortunately I put my head on the inside of the maul rather than on the outside..fundamental mistake.. It meant my head had nowhere to go except straight into the oncoming wall of players..instinctively I ducked my head..as I did I got pushed from behind and lost my balance..I ended up falling on top of my head on the ground.. Just as I did that everybody else fell on top of me and around me..probably 10 or so..maybe more.. I could hear my neck bones grinding..I used all my strength to hold on..but one crack..than two cracks..than I felt the dislocation.. perhaps if not as many players fell on me I'd only have sustained a fracture of my neck.. which would mean a fusion..neck brace for a while..than my life back..but no rugby! Lol! Anyway my spinal cord was damaged and I lay gasping for breath on Chatswood Oval.. Just a note if I smoked or wasn't so fit..I wouldn't be hear to tell this tale..so get healthy!!

The helicopter came..flew me to the hell hole that was North Shore hospital..thankfully it's changed now for the better..where I learnt how to survive..ha..I reckon Bear Grylls would have his work cut in the old days there..especially when you are completely dependent on others.. After some pressure areas..but no sores..and a massive urine infection..I made it through..

Ironically in all the footy I have played..League/Union..been in collapsed scrums..tackles..on the bottom of a hundred mauls..never broke or dislocated any other bone.. Just the ones that counted..Go figure..
You're amazing . I wish I had a millilitre of your toughness and attitude.

How horrific how awful , I don't think I'd ever stop complaining if that happened to me.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

yeah but i trod on a bindi ya **** lol.
but in all seriousness you are a fucking trooper and how you fight on is an inspiration to all of us. nothing but love for you brother
( ungay of course )

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You said willying so many times i started imagining you saying it in an accent :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Okay so I've also torn ankle ligaments in my left ankle by falling out of bed but that's not that bad.

In my lifetime I've broken the same collar bone twice.

First time i was 4 years old jumping on my parents bed falling off and hitting the dressing table. I remember it being painful hut nothing like when it happened the second time.

I was 15 years old and this time my cousins, my sister and i were playing tackle footy. Now of course my dad and uncle had to join. At the time dad was around 145kgs. He tackled me onto the gutter and as id hit the gutter the back of my collar bone hit the ground and popped out of place, what broke it is when i screamed in agony and dad squeezed it trying saying "its not broken" nek minute i hear a loud crack and my deadly screama can be heard throughout the whole suburb. It maybe a small bone but its fucking painful as hell!! Id rather be stabbed in the eye with a fork.
Ohh wow I bet your dad was feeling pretty concerned to say the least . They don't realise their own strength. I've been on the recieving end of a 'demonstration for self defence and let me tell you size does count In that circumstance. !

Last edited:

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
yeah but i trod on a bindi ya **** lol.
but in all seriousness you are a fucking trooper and how you fight on is an inspiration to all of us. nothing but love for you brother
( ungay of course )
LOL ...
but I kid you not there are people who really have that attitude!!
Like there's some guy telling me he's had a runny nose for three weeks and that he's starting to feel tired and sore and whilst this is happening a person will come clutching their chest and I take them in and then the wanker will go but I was here first!!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

It took me a few reads to realise when you said "Willy" you meant "Wheelie"

I was thinking "What the hell is a bike willy? And wouldn't it get caught in the spokes?"

That's pretty bad. I had a couple of accidents on bikes. Nothing really serious. Crashed into a van at full speed. Totalled the bike but didn't injure me at all. Stacked on gravel and ripped a large amount of skin off. Most accidents happened to friends though.

There was a hill near my place that we would ride down. At the end is a cliff that drops about 3 stories but there's a house about 1m from the cliff. You'd brake and turn to stop from going over the edge. I convinced my girlfriend at the time to give it a try (we were about 11). She started going down the hill then froze. She didn't know what to do and started screaming. Eventually she went flying off the cliff and hit the wall of the house at full speed then dropped 3 stories onto concrete. The owners of the house came running out screaming. She says "That was pretty fun" and gets up and walks it off. The bike was totalled though.

Had another mate who was riding a bike put didn't secure the seat properly. He stood up to go over a jump and didn't realise that the seat fell off. He sat back down and, long story short. We now call him "One Nut"

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't really have many horrific injuries. Nothing too chronic. Broke my arm as a kid racing down a steep hill with a skateboard with cockroach wheels (fastest wheels at the time. Didn't help that I also sprayed WD-40 in the side). Flew down the footpath and hit a bit of grass growing out of the footpath. When I got up I noticed that my arm was facing one way and my hand was facing the other. Picked up my skateboard and walked up to the house. My sister took one look at my arm and said "I'm not a doctor but I think that may be broken. Maybe not. You might want to get it checked out just in case"

Also broke my nose and cracked a few teeth when I was 18 getting into random drunken fights. Broke my hand a few years back by getting in an argument with the Mrs and trying to take out my anger by putting my hand through a chair. BTW, when the padding is gone on a chair and all that's underneath is metal, hitting it with full forth doesn't work well. Few footy injuries, few soccer injuries. Nothing major.

Have injured many friends while mucking around. Broke one friend's arm while playing basketball. Gave another friend micro-fractures in his back when we were drunk and he tried to tackle me from behind and my instant reaction was to flip him over onto a block of concrete. Broke a friend's rib twice. Once while wrestling, another time when he ran at me with a chair. Broke the same guy's tooth as well. Completely accidentally. Dislocated a mate's knee while drunken wrestling. In my defence I had just had stitches put in for a split on my head after I ran into a pole and he split the stitches open again. Broken my sister's knee but that wasn't really my fault. She was doing Taekwondo and wanted to spar 'cause I was doing other martial arts at the time. She went to kick me, I blocked it and her knee went "Snap". After that I ended up going to her Taekwondo class to give it a go. One of the guys there that was friends with her didn't take it too well that I broke her knee. So I got in a sparring match with him and he decided to go all out on me. After about a minute on the defensive he dropped his guard for a second so I cracked him across the jaw, spun him around and got him in a choke hold, which is apparently banned in Taekwondo. Didn't help that I refused to release until he was unconscious. So after that I was told that I'm not welcome there any more.

I'm sure there's many other injuries but I can't remember off the top of my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.