The I’m sorry Jayden Okunbor thread

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will admit I have over done it with my negativity towards Okonbor.
Its not nice to stick the boot into someone all the time.
I really do hope he doesn't ready any of my comments.
That being said,
He screwed up with his first involvement of the day in attack.
He was lucky the cowboys were stupid and didn't bomb his side all game.
He won't get that lucky every week.
Other teams will exploit his weaknesses.

And the hate train will again gain momentum again.

I'm going to try relax a bit with the hate though.
I have no doubt he is trying his best.
I'm more angry that our club offered him another contract. But that's another story.
Fear the Roo youve said everything I wanted too..... Sorry Jayden........keep it up you flog....

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
One error from JAC (according to the official stats) which was his drop ball after the line break. I'm not saying Okunbor was bad, he was just fairly unnoticeable other than the try. But that could come down to the Cowboys not kicking to him.
Plenty of other people noticed his efforts tonight…. Including many of his vocal critics. I think he played a damn goog game, dude. And it seems I’m not alone.

I’m not just talking about stats….. missed tackles are technically errors, imo. JAC could also have blown a try by choosing to go back inside rather than backing himself on the outside in the first half. I think that was a bit of an error in judgment. So that’s four errors according to my count. Ok had one error on judgment where he topped the kick back yo the opposition (he recovered and made the tackle himself). Apart from that, his game was pretty much faultless.

Once again, I’m not trying to bag him. His involvement and enthusiasm was great to see and I think he had a strong game overall. But I think with his try, powerful carries from deep in our half, flawless handling and good defensive game, Ok had a really strong game tonight.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We have to say sorry because he didn't knock on?

Lol, jokes aside, apart from being caught out of position he didn't do anything wrong.

Lucky nothing happened when he got caught out.

If he keeps this up, nobody can knock him.
So u have to stand and applaud him for completing a game without fcuking up multiple errors?
We have to applaud him for earning his 250k a year contract
One above average game does not make a genuine first grader and nor will it ever in my books

if other half arsed fans love and appreciate mediocrity then that’s up to them

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Credit to Okunbur for cutting out the errors tonight but the bar is low when he has an error free game and we're supposed to get excited. I was surprised they didn't go down that side or kick to him more.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
So u have to stand and applaud him for completing a game without fcuking up multiple errors?
We have to applaud him for earning his 250k a year contract
One above average game does not make a genuine first grader and nor will it ever in my books

if other half arsed fans love and appreciate mediocrity then that’s up to them
Hey I'm with ya bro, he did his job tonight. But that doesn't make him immune to criticism when it's warranted.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He didn’t drop a ball. He charged out of our red zone. Couldn’t ask for much more.

Payten is an absolute idiot of a head coach. His game plan was to target Fox with kicks - in weather like that, and with current form -Stevie Wonder could of seen results from kicking to the other wing.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Credit to Okunbur for cutting out the errors tonight but the bar is low when he has an error free game and we're supposed to get excited. I was surprised they didn't go down that side or kick to him more.
Why do I get the feeling in my throat that if he misses once his confidence would be shot and he would miss 10.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he didn't drop anything tonight and was miles better than his trial form however he didn't do much either, a few runs out of our own end and a catch and put down that was set up by burns. hey, not complaining with his game tonight though, like i said error free is a rarity so last night was one of his better games. also want to give the 3 points this week to todd payten for having the worst game plan of 2022 and only targeting Fox and leaving Jayden alone

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I've said it before, give him some confidence like the whole team needs, some quality ball then judge him. towards the end of the game we had no go forward off our line bar Ockie. Our forwards were gone. You can't judge 1 bloke when the rest are just as bad.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've said it before, give him some confidence like the whole team needs, some quality ball then judge him. towards the end of the game we had no go forward off our line bar Ockie. Our forwards were gone. You can't judge 1 bloke when the rest are just as bad.
We will judge him on a game by game stance.
Lasr week he was farking terrible. This week he passed.
Hopefully next week he passes as well

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jayden full of potential .
Will be an asset as he builds confidence.
Early season will improve

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He's the type of player that will make one mistake and have his confidence shot to shit for the rest of the game.
You could seriously replace him with absolutely anybody else and not notice a difference.

Imagine the lower grade boys watching this bloke on a weekly basis, whilst they try their assess off, knowing that no matter how mediocre this clown is, they'll never get a chance to take his spot.

This is just another Trex scenario that seems to be ingrained in our club.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Payten the dumb fuck won us the game with dumb tactics. Kicking the ball all night to the test winger instead of bombing Okunbor and Dufty.
I'm surprised how confident Dufty looked under the high ball. (I don't think he dropped any, did he?)
He seems to have worked on that and his defence on the goal line was far better than what I remember it being at the Drags.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Rushed in several times but the Cowboys are as bad as us with backlines and overlaps so did not take advantage of it.

Same old crap.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Rushed in several times but the Cowboys are as bad as us with backlines and overlaps so did not take advantage of it.

Same old crap.
nah
Say sorry, and cuck him until he leaves in disgrace, then change your name to Jeremy the KING or some other bullshit and continue to support mediocrity

The worst winger in 125 years of football, easily.