The Hey Dad situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hey Dad Father accused of child molesting

Hey Dad! star Robert Hughes has denied reports he molested a child co-star on the set of the hit TV show.

Hughes was named by A Current Affair as the man who Sarah Monahan says sexually molested her during breaks in filming of the hit 80s comedy.

Monahan played Hughes's daughter in the show.

The actor, who now lives with his family in Singapore, told A Current Affair that the allegations were untrue.

“I am absolutely shocked and surprised at this allegation," Hughes said.

"I categorically deny the allegation.

"It never happened. The entire matter is now in the hands of my defamation lawyers. "

Ben Oxenbould, an actor in the show appeared on A Current Affair, supporting Ms Monahan’s claims.

He expressed regret that he had not spoken out about the allegations earlier.

Police are aware of Monahan's claims and have appealed for witnesses to come forward.

The former child actor now lives in the US.

She first raised the allegations in an interview with Woman’s Day magazine.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/entertainment/1031609/hey-dad-actor-denies-sex-claims

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
so apparently there was some sexual abuse on the show and it was the father of the show actor robert hughes who did it

im surprised it has taken until now for the scandal to be leaked and im also disapointed because i liked that show, especially betty

btw i have a suggestion to rename the show when they show the reruns, change it to "Hey Dad, stop touching me"

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
With that head of course he did it.

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
My Brother loved this show.....Especially that little fat kid aka Arthur Macarthur :D

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I used to love watching this show too.

I always hated the father though, he was the biggest ***.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Think of the era when that photo was taken. Im sure all your parents look seedy in their photos

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I loved Ben - he was always funny (if that was his name on the show?)

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Quick recap on events ....

• Revealed in Woman's Day via A Current Affair - It emerges that Robert Hughes (Martin Kelly) is alledgedly involved in indecent/sexual assaults upon Sarah Monahan (Jenny Kelly) during her tenure on the show Hey Dad aged 6-15.

• Fellow cast-member Ben Oxenbould (Ben) has appeared on A Current Affair to "come forward" and verify claims. Claims producer Garry Reilly "intimidated him into silence".

• A Current Affair claims more evidence will be shown tonight. On Wednesday's show they aired a "vehement denial" from Robert Hughes, after Ben Fordham traced him to Singapore.

• Claims from news agencies up to 5 former-staff have signed statutory declarations.

• Sarah Monahan has refused to name the person(s) responsible for the acts upon her.

• A Current Affair have taken it upon themslevs to name Robert Hughes.

******************************​

Police investigate Hey Dad....! molestation claim

15:00 AEST Mon Mar 22 2010
By ninemsn staff

Police are investigating allegations made by former child star Sarah Monahan that she was molested on the set of Hey Dad ..! and are asking for other possible victims or witnesses to come forward.

The Nine Network reported the development in the TV scandal after airing an in-depth interview with Monahan on A Current Affair.

The network has been approached by other victims who say they were also abused on the set and Monahan told the program she would be willing to go to the police with them.

Monahan, who played schoolgirl Jenny Kelly on the popular 90s TV series, said the molester – who has not been named – needed to be punished for his actions.

"I think they should definitely burn in hell, so, I think they should go to jail because they should pay," she told A Current Affair.

Monahan said the abuse started almost immediately after she joined the cast as a six-year-old and continued for a period of six or seven years.

"He would touch my boobs and then because I was always on his lap he would always grab my a*** or you know put his hand right here," Monahan said.

"In the dressing room, if we were back in there, he would come in and he would like tickle you on the bed and be on the bed with you trying to touch you ... I was always trying to get out."

Monahan said her molester also exposed himself to her when she was backstage drawing pictures in between shows.

"It's not like he raped me, but it was wrong," she said.

"I think a lot of people think I'm making a bigger deal out of it than it was but I was little and a little kid doesn't always think about ... 'you shouldn't be touching me there' until later, or they don't know how to say no."

Monahan said she eventually stood up to her molester and stopped the abuse but he then turned "mean" and began calling her fat and ugly.

She quit the show when she was 15.

Monahan said everyone she told about the abuse encouraged her to keep it a secret. "A lot of people knew but it was 'you can't talk about it. You can't go public, you can't press charges’ ... he's a very powerful person and it's a he said, she said (situation), so basically I left the show."

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score
After watching the news tonight it seems theres plenty of people coming forward to back the girls story

Status
Not open for further replies.