Soccer The Gunners Super Thread

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We only have 6 defenders at the club. Only 4 of those are at full fitness.

Wenger has stuffed up again.

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Arsenal had all 11 players in the box for that corner and Demichelis somehow got to the ball

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Even though it was a draw, we played much better than the last three games. Passes where sticking, much more clinical IMO

Same about Debuchy :(

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Anyone watch the Dortmund game? By all reports on Goonersworld we were disgusting

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
I struggle to understand Arsene Wenger's logic in playing Mesut Ozil out wide on the left in this new 4-1-4-1 system because it clearly isn't working

Wenger spent £42.5m on Ozil, he should be building the team around Ozil playing as the no 10 instead Ozil is shafted out to left flank and he looks disinterested during the matches

This just reeks of how we mismanaged Shinji Kagawa..

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
I struggle to understand Arsene Wenger's logic in playing Mesut Ozil out wide on the left in this new 4-1-4-1 system because it clearly isn't working

Wenger spent £42.5m on Ozil, he should be building the team around Ozil playing as the no 10 instead Ozil is shafted out to left flank and he looks disinterested during the matches

This just reeks of how we mismanaged Shinji Kagawa..
or mayb they just arent good enough for the premier league...its a much more physical competition than the rest of them...and both are not that type of player...i do agree with u and was excited when we signed kagawa...but Mata and or rooney are clearly better suited in the league ... fark u love kagawa so much sonny

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
or mayb they just arent good enough for the premier league...its a much more physical competition than the rest of them...and both are not that type of player...i do agree with u and was excited when we signed kagawa...but Mata and or rooney are clearly better suited in the league ... fark u love kagawa so much sonny
They're both more than good enough if you play them in their natural position, they're wonderful no 10's but both mismanaged

Only need to look at when we signed Mata, Moyes played him out on the right flank and he struggled yet when Mata has played centrally, he has excelled scoring goals, getting assists but more importantly he created opportunities by dragging defenders out of position with his movement - Mata is no bigger than Kagawa or Ozil, he got bullied when he played out on the right but looked a lot more comfortable when playing centrally at Chelsea and now at Manchester United

You don't understand how much I love Kagawa, I'm thinking of getting a BVB Kagawa jersey.. when we signed Kagawa, he was one of the best young creative midfielders in the world and the team was going to be built around Rooney being the striker and Kagawa being no 10 but suddenly van Persie became available and we all know what happened.. Kagawa is a victim of circumstances, not being he isn't good enough because he showed what he can do whenever he was given that no 10 role in the 2012/13 and 2013/14 season

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
i agree that kagawa is a talent...but i dnt agree that he was good enough for the premier league...i think the same with Ozil.... neither player would cut it under LVG or Mourinho...
Mata has to be in the 11 based on goal scoring and assists nomatter where he plays...
ps...back to arsenal...

awaiting Wenger out comments shortly...

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
i agree that kagawa is a talent...but i dnt agree that he was good enough for the premier league...i think the same with Ozil.... neither player would cut it under LVG or Mourinho...
Mata has to be in the 11 based on goal scoring and assists nomatter where he plays...
ps...back to arsenal...

awaiting Wenger out comments shortly...
Here's a stats comparison to when Mata plays centrally and to when he plays wide

It makes a huge difference for Mata on where he plays, same applies for both Kagawa and Ozil

You say Ozil wouldn't cut it under Mourinho but keep in mind that Mourinho knows how to use Ozil, he played centrally at Real Madrid and was only sold because the f*ckwit (Perez) running Real Madrid is an idiot

Also, Kagawa wouldn't have been played out of position if Sir Alex stayed for a further season and he wouldn't have been sold, Klopp recently made a comment re Sir Alex and Kagawa but I'll save that for the Man United thread

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Just quickly, the same point can be made for Danny Welbeck

Compare him when he plays as a striker to when he's played out of position on the left flank

You can't say Welbeck is a bad striker or shit finisher based on how he has played out of position on the left

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
Just quickly, the same point can be made for Danny Welbeck

Compare him when he plays as a striker to when he's played out of position on the left flank

You can't say Welbeck is a bad striker or shit finisher based on how he has played out of position on the left
saw him fluff a shot again this morning...classic welbeck

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
saw him fluff a shot again this morning...classic welbeck
Only thing I would say Welbeck needs to improve is his decision making, sometimes he chooses the wrong shot for the opportunity (e.g. when he f*cking tried to chip Neuer last year in the CL match)

But he'll learn with time, Welbeck just needs confidence in himself and he'll score goals for Arsenal

There's a reason why Welbeck was on our books since the age of 9, unfortunate there was always better options ahead of him

René Meulensteen would have been brilliant for Welbeck to learn off, Meulensteen turned Ronaldo into the clinical goal scorer he is today and if Meulensteen worked with Welbeck the same way he worked with Ronaldo to improve his decision making, no doubt Welbeck would convert more of his opportunities