Soccer The Gunners Super Thread

doggies 4 life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think arsenal fans need to realise arsenal have a set wages mark they as they wont pay a player more than 150- 175 k a week otherwise it may disrupt the team harmony so signing players such as falcao and cavani were never gonna due to high wages but what annoys me is that wenger said we were gonna get a replacement for vermaelan which he didnt.

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
I think arsenal fans need to realise arsenal have a set wages mark they as they wont pay a player more than 150- 175 k a week otherwise it may disrupt the team harmony so signing players such as falcao and cavani were never gonna due to high wages but what annoys me is that wenger said we were gonna get a replacement for vermaelan which he didnt.
how much is Ozil on?
if you have the money for $$$ you should be spending...hence why u arent winning any titles...but to be fair..Arsene is a great manager...
and i think Welbeck will shine at the emirates..he has just left his boyhood club where he has grown up and moved to a team full of midfield talent who will feed him balls all day long all he has to do is finish...
i wish him all the best and hope he can help u beat our rivals...

doggies 4 life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
how much is Ozil on?
if you have the money for $$$ you should be spending...hence why u arent winning any titles...but to be fair..Arsene is a great manager...
and i think Welbeck will shine at the emirates..he has just left his boyhood club where he has grown up and moved to a team full of midfield talent who will feed him balls all day long all he has to do is finish...
i wish him all the best and hope he can help u beat our rivals...
my understanding is that ozil gets around 140 a wk, sanchez gets 150k

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
my understanding is that ozil gets around 140 a wk, sanchez gets 150k
fair amount...but would prob be on more @ chelsea/City/United... see what a good manager can get your club...guarenteed we have only signed quality because we have LVG instead of Moyes...
we could have thrown 400k a week at each of the players we signed and they still wouldnt of came if Moyes was there..

doggies 4 life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
fair amount...but would prob be on more @ chelsea/City/United... see what a good manager can get your club...guarenteed we have only signed quality because we have LVG instead of Moyes...
we could have thrown 400k a week at each of the players we signed and they still wouldnt of came if Moyes was there..
big players want to be managed by big named managers obviously moyes was never gonna attract big names to united.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Fans can still love the club and not be satisfied with the squad.

Many fans agree that the money was there to spend, especially for players in positions in which we're definitely lacking some quality.

The money was there for the likes of Khedira and Carvalho, as we were in desperate need of a defensive mid, as well as a central defender.

It just seems to me that Arsene Wenger will always go with the minimalist approach, and not be more proactive about strengthening our squad so that we can seriously challenge for the title.

He knows all too well that our key players get injured, and the frequency of our injuries is diabolical. So we obviously need depth, and is this addressed?

In the previous transfer window (January), the best we could do was get Kim Kallstrom who arrived at the Emirates injured! Wow! that's shrewd business for you!

Joel Campbell had an awesome world cup, and deserves to start in our fixtures, yet we start unproven Sanogoals who is about as useful as tits on a bull. Wouldn't surprise me if Campbell asked for a release.

Now we go and panic-buy Danny Welbeck, who to me is just Bendtner 2.0... only without the ego.

I love the club to death, but why should I love the way Wenger does business? Why should I agree with his out-dated methods and tactics?
I don't disagree, but it's just everywhere atm. Too much criticism not enough optimism IMO.

We've only strengthened from last season, and had we not had the injury toll we had that squad could very well have won the title.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
big players want to be managed by big named managers obviously moyes was never gonna attract big names to united.
C'mon you don't really believe that do you?, you could say the same about playing CL and they don't have that this year. Money talks and if Moyes had 150million to toss around he'd have players wanting to play for him as well.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Apparently Draxler will be a Gunner in January.

Dogandgunner

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Soon our team will be half English and half German, i just hope no one mentions the war :-P

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Won't believe anything until it happens. Heard it all before. Mario Goetze is meant to playing for us if you believe the tabloids.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
ARSENAL LINE UP YEPES OFFER

After reportedly failing in their attempts to sign Daniel Agger and then Kostas Manolas, The Daily Mirror among other papers claim Arsenal have turned their attentions to Colombian defender Mario Yepes.

The 38-year-old is a free agent after leaving Atalanta at the end of last season and Arsene Wenger is said to be preparing a short-term deal for the veteran, who captained Colombia at this summer's World Cup.Yepes' agent, Gino Culbertson, confirmed only last month that the former PSG and AC Milan had been attracting interest from Britain and that he would welcome a move."

Mario is keen to finish his career in the UK and with his experience and undoubted talent he would be a valuable addition for anyone," he said.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What you can't even view the Liverpool thread? Bit over the top.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
ARSENAL LINE UP YEPES OFFER

After reportedly failing in their attempts to sign Daniel Agger and then Kostas Manolas, The Daily Mirror among other papers claim Arsenal have turned their attentions to Colombian defender Mario Yepes.

The 38-year-old is a free agent after leaving Atalanta at the end of last season and Arsene Wenger is said to be preparing a short-term deal for the veteran, who captained Colombia at this summer's World Cup.Yepes' agent, Gino Culbertson, confirmed only last month that the former PSG and AC Milan had been attracting interest from Britain and that he would welcome a move."

Mario is keen to finish his career in the UK and with his experience and undoubted talent he would be a valuable addition for anyone," he said.
So is this for this window or January?

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
So is this for this window or January?
If the player is a free agent, then the club has til October to sign them I think and he will immediately join them.

Likewise with Liverpool who are about to sign Victor Valdes for free before October

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Welbeck scored both England's goals this morning.