Soccer The Gunners Super Thread

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
is welbeck on loan or permanent?
would hate to lose somebody from our academy to the goons...specially if he shines there...which i can see happening

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
is welbeck on loan or permanent?
would hate to lose somebody from our academy to the goons...specially if he shines there...which i can see happening
We wanted a loan but Danny Welbeck is pushing for a permanent transfer

He's good as gone as long as we finalise the Falcao deal, it's a shame we're losing a born and bred Manc who came through the academy

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'm ****ing disgusted at Wenger the tight arse ****.

He has gone stale and should move the **** on.

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
almost 2 hours after the window has closed and still no announcement...something is going on

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Arsenal have officially signed Danny Welbeck, rumoured fee to be £15m-£16m on a pernament long term deal

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Arsenal have officially signed Danny Welbeck, rumoured fee to be £15m-£16m on a pernament long term deal
Spot on. He was available for a 3 million pounds loan but Arsenal signed him for 5 years permanently.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm ****ing disgusted at Wenger the tight arse ****.

He has gone stale and should move the **** on.
Only thing is, I don't want to go down the same track as Man U. Otherwise agree.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
He's a good signing, and permanent too which is good. I'm critical of Wenger for not strengthening our defense. I know Chambers has been a surprise tbh but still. Overall he done well this window and I generally appreciate him being sensible with spending money. It's not what it's all about IMO

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I like him but he is losing the plot. Playing Sanogoals ahead of Campbell and Podolski? Not chasing Carvalho on Falcao or Cavani?

How can we compete with the other big clubs when they always buy quality.

PS Welbeck isn't the answer.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If we had a real striker against the Foxes we would of pumped them at least 5-1 with all the chances we had.

Naki

Kennel Established
Reaction score
you all need to chill the fuuck out ahaha
We'll at least be fighting for third, so it's an improvement ;)
i don't mind the Welbeck signing... he hasn't had the chance to develop as a Striker... He's had to compete for a position that's clearly occupied by RVP and Rooney... I'll give the bloke a chance :grinning:
welcome on board Welbeck :grinning:

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Here's a stats comparison between Danny Welbeck and Olivier Giroud (using the per 90 metric via Squawka)

You got yourself a very competent striker when he's given a chance to play in his preferred position, great work rates and still relatively young at 23 years of age

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Agree. Also those stats are with him playing on the flank. Will be better playing through the middle.

Mattreneeandgus

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He's a good signing, and permanent too which is good. I'm critical of Wenger for not strengthening our defense. I know Chambers has been a surprise tbh but still. Overall he done well this window and I generally appreciate him being sensible with spending money. It's not what it's all about IMO

What do we care how much he spends? We were told there was money to spend and yet again we miss out on all the quality
We want to see wins and silverware

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
What do we care how much he spends? We were told there was money to spend and yet again we miss out on all the quality
We want to see wins and silverware
Dude if we signed Sanchez, Welbeck, Debuchy and Chambers on deadline day you'd have an empty box of tissues next to you right now.

And don't forget buying without selling is another big factor, we've only lost Vermaelen and Sagna

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Truth be told, we've spent a lot over the last year. Ozil and Sanchez are two massive signings, plus a host of other really good players who will add value. Without losing the core of our future squad.

Granted we still need to improve in certain areas, but we've been 'active" in to those areas just need the sensible deal. If fans aren't satisfied with the sqaud the Chelsea and Man City train leaves anytime you want it too tbh.

Tank

Salute It!
Reaction score
If fans aren't satisfied with the sqaud the Chelsea and Man City train leaves anytime you want it too tbh.
Fans can still love the club and not be satisfied with the squad.

Many fans agree that the money was there to spend, especially for players in positions in which we're definitely lacking some quality.

The money was there for the likes of Khedira and Carvalho, as we were in desperate need of a defensive mid, as well as a central defender.

It just seems to me that Arsene Wenger will always go with the minimalist approach, and not be more proactive about strengthening our squad so that we can seriously challenge for the title.

He knows all too well that our key players get injured, and the frequency of our injuries is diabolical. So we obviously need depth, and is this addressed?

In the previous transfer window (January), the best we could do was get Kim Kallstrom who arrived at the Emirates injured! Wow! that's shrewd business for you!

Joel Campbell had an awesome world cup, and deserves to start in our fixtures, yet we start unproven Sanogoals who is about as useful as tits on a bull. Wouldn't surprise me if Campbell asked for a release.

Now we go and panic-buy Danny Welbeck, who to me is just Bendtner 2.0... only without the ego.

I love the club to death, but why should I love the way Wenger does business? Why should I agree with his out-dated methods and tactics?