Soccer The Gunners Super Thread

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I had seen plenty of other pics of the home shirt prior to this and didn't really like it, but I think this one is quite nice when it's actually on the players.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I just cant wait to see Ozil feeding balls for our 2 pacy wingers in Sanchez and Walcott. I still hope we get someone like Loic Remy as back up to Giroud
Sanchez and Walcott will change the way we counter-attack next season.. could be lethal combo.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We are showing interest in Jackson Martinez from Porto.

He has scored 46 goals in 60 games since joining Porto.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I like the jerseys! Very nice barring the 3rd/alternative kit.

Some articles from today's papers:
Arsenal will have to make Sami Khedira their highest paid player if Gunners want £24m Real Madrid star

Arsenal will have to make Sami Khedira their highest paid player if they are to tempt him from Real Madrid.

The German midfielder is available for £24million but is paid around £8million a year at the Bernabeu.

That is more than £150,000 a week and in excess of the £140,000 Mesut Ozil earns at the Emirates.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is looking to strengthen his midfield and is also interested in Khedira's international team-mate Lars Bender.

Leverkusen, however, are reluctant to sell Bender, 25, having only recently tied him down to a new long-term contract.

Wenger is also keeping tabs on Southampton's Morgan Schneiderlin while Chile star Alexis Sanchez is close to signing for £30m from Barcelona.

Arsenal step up attempts to sign Colombia goalkeeper David Ospina from Nice

Arsenal are pressing ahead with plans to sign Colombia goalkeeper David Ospina, 25, of Nice.

Arsene Wenger has studied several players following the departure of Lukas Fabianski to Swansea and decided that Ospina is the best option to challenge Wojciech Szczesny for the number-one spot at the Emirates.

Ospina played in all five of Colombia's matches at this year's World Cup in Brazil, as Jose Pekerman's side reached the quarter-finals before being knocked out by host nation Brazil.

The 25-year-old has spent six seasons in France with Nice but is said to be keen on a move to the Gunners.

Fabianski signed a four-year deal with Swansea after agreeing to leave Arsenal at the end of his contract, becoming Garry Monk's first signing since he was named the club's permanent manager.

Dogandgunner

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like gibbs has taken the #3 jersey off sagna going off the arsenal training pics on twitter.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd LOVE to have Khedira at Arsenal but does it make sense if we buy another midfielder?

Having said that, Ozil, Khedira and Ramsey in the midfield would be amazing to see.

Dogandgunner

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd LOVE to have Khedira at Arsenal but does it make sense if we buy another midfielder?

Having said that, Ozil, Khedira and Ramsey in the midfield would be amazing to see.
I still think we need a holding midfielder in the Khedira/Bender mold

Dogandgunner

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a picture doing the rounds of the Barcelona fc website confirming alexis sanchez has signed with arsenal and also a tweet from his hairdresser confirming he has signed with us lol

Dogandgunner

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would be awesome if the "models" came out in the new kit and it was Sanchez, Debuchy and Bender.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Alexis Sanchez agrees to join Arsenal

Chile international striker Alexis Sanchez has agreed to join Arsenal Football Club on a long-term contract for an undisclosed fee.
Sanchez, 25, joins Arsenal from Barcelona where he made a total of 88 appearances, scoring 39 goals during his three seasons with the Catalan side.

With Barcelona, Sanchez won both La Liga (2012/13) and the Copa del Rey (2012), as well as the Spanish Super Cup on two occasions (2011, 2013), the UEFA Super Cup (2011) and the FIFA Club World Cup (2011).
Regarded as one of the world’s finest talents, Sanchez has just returned from the World Cup in Brazil, where he played an integral role in Chile qualifying from their group (which included the Netherlands, Spain and Australia) and reaching the round of 16. During the tournament, Sanchez scored two goals from his four appearances.

He has consistently produced top-quality performances at the highest level for a number of seasons now and we are all excited to see him integrate into the Arsenal squad

The striker, who has now made 71 appearances for Chile, scoring 24 goals, started his career with Cobreloa, based in Calama in north Chile, where he spent a season before moving to Santiago-based Colo-Colo, where he won the Chilean Primera Division in 2007.

After convincing performances in Chile between 2005 and 2007, Sanchez went on loan to Argentine side River Plate, where he added the Argentinian Primera Division to his honours.

Following his success in South America, Sanchez made a permanent move to Serie A side Udinese in 2008, where he spent three seasons, scoring 20 goals from 95 appearances, before making the move to Barcelona in 2011.
Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger said: “As many people have seen during the World Cup this summer, Alexis is a fantastic footballer and we are delighted that he is joining us at Arsenal Football Club.

“Alexis will add power, creativity and much quality to our squad and we are all looking forward to him joining up with us in a few weeks. He has consistently produced top-quality performances at the highest level for a number of seasons now and we are all excited to see him integrate into the Arsenal squad. I’m sure all Arsenal supporters will join me in welcoming Alexis to our club.”

Sanchez said: “I’m so happy to be joining Arsenal, a club which has a great manager, a fantastic squad of players, huge support around the world and a great stadium in London. I’m looking forward to meeting my new team-mates and to be playing for Arsenal in the Premier League and Champions League. I will give my best to Arsenal and want to make all the supporters happy.”
Sanchez travelled to London Colney on Thursday to complete his medical and will join up with his new team-mates at the end of July, after spending some time on holiday following the World Cup.

It is expected that Sanchez will make his first Arsenal appearance at the Emirates Cup, which takes place at Emirates Stadium on Saturday, August 2 and Sunday, August 3.
Sanchez’s Arsenal squad number will be revealed soon through Arsenal’s official Instagram account.
A full interview with Alexis will feature soon on Arsenal Player.
Everyone at Arsenal welcomes Alexis to the club and looks forward to seeing him in an Arsenal shirt.

The transfer is subject to the normal regulatory process.

Copyright 2014 The Arsenal Football Club plc. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.arsenal.com as the sourceood

Good morning my fellow gunners. News just in.

Last edited by a moderator:

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Hello Gooners, congratulations on a very good signing

Here's the photo confirmation of his move