Opinion The Great Australian Passport Delay

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Mate that's some top class information right there. I will make a call first thing in the morning!

I have been told for the past month that it is in its final phase of processing, whatever that means.
No problem at all, I would like to think after all this time processing has occured and you have a tracking number ?
Inbox me if you need to and I can try provide more help where possible. For example we have a tracking system that mirrors the customers portal, but ours tells us what operator scans the articles etc and makes it easier for facilities to narrow down location etc.

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No problem at all, I would like to think after all this time processing has occured and you have a tracking number ?
Inbox me if you need to and I can try provide more help where possible. For example we have a tracking system that mirrors the customers portal, but ours tells us what operator scans the articles etc and makes it easier for facilities to narrow down location etc.
Nope no tracking number provided, only a application number of the document when lodged at Aus Post. Only got tracking number once it was completed and being posted

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Nope no tracking number provided, only a application number of the document when lodged at Aus Post.
Ok that could make things a little tricky, as post won't accept a case without tracking...

I would encourage to continue to harass the passport office until it is complete/accepted for processing.

Once that tracking number is obtained, please follow the previous advice regarding the customer contact centre and lodge a case and advise you wish to collect it from the facility as soon as it enters the closest processing facility to you.

I'll keep an eye on this thread, I hope it all works out for you.

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ok that could make things a little tricky, as post won't accept a case without tracking...

I would encourage to continue to harass the passport office until it is complete/accepted for processing.

Once that tracking number is obtained, please follow the previous advice regarding the customer contact centre and lodge a case and advise you wish to collect it from the facility as soon as it enters the closest processing facility to you.

I'll keep an eye on this thread, I hope it all works out for you.
Cheers for the advice anyway! I am heading to the passport office tomorrow with a bag of snacks and see what happens

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So I went to the Brisbane Passport Office this morning.

Told pretty much the same thing and they are printing in order of travel dates and given mine is this weekend, they won't print within 24hrs of travel.

So Friday seems like the day.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So I went to the Brisbane Passport Office this morning.

Told pretty much the same thing and they are printing in order of travel dates and given mine is this weekend, they won't print within 24hrs of travel.

So Friday seems like the day.
How did you go?