1. Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

The Golf Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by CroydonDog, Jul 4, 2016.

1. CroydonDog

CroydonDog Immortal Gilded

I don't there has been one created, and there probably inst a demand for one, but here goes.

I have been watching a lot of golf on Fox with my father, who is a bit crook and staying at my place for a bit, and stuck inside as her recovers.

I wanted to say congratulations to Greg Chalmers, who at 42 or so years of age, has become the most experienced golfer in PGA history to finally win his first event. It's only what is known as an "alternate" event, as most of the elite like Jason Day were playing in another tournament, but still great nonetheless. Seems to be a great guy too.

I also watched Thongchai Jaidee win the French Open. This is another older guy, who didn't turn pro until 30.

Maybe its not too late for me?

2. coach

coach Kennel Addict

Never too late lol....
    Love playing, but half the time I swear I never play again...
    Then the other half I think I'm tiger woods lol
    Consistently inconsistent

• Like Like x 1
  3. bulldogsfan_88

bulldogsfan_88 Left Right Out Gilded x2

Story of every weekend golfer there ever was frustrates me to no end but I keep going back for more haha

4. CroydonDog

It' a glorious day out here at the Australian Open. Makes the overpriced food worth it.

As well as seeing Day, Ogilvy, Chalmers and Co, the family is very proud that my cousin is playing in his first Oz Open.

I know nobody reads this thread though:)

5. coach

coach Kennel Addict

Asshole, you go everyear?

6. CroydonDog

Not at all. I just happened to be in town for a few days and when I found out my cousin was playing I cancelled a couple of meetings went out.

Found out later he could have got me a free ticket (it has become quite expensive $38 incl booking fee).

7. coach

coach Kennel Addict

Spend the day? Or just a few hours

8. doggieaaron

doggieaaron Immortal

I just played my first game in 10 years and hit most of them like shit but the few i hit good got me excited about the game so ive started to have lessons into week 3 of 4 and what a fucking coach he has corrected most of my technical issues for now and ive never hit the ball so good needless to say im hooked now