The Funny Picture/Meme Thread

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Stolen from one of my other threads:

Would you be lost without Google Maps? Socially cut off without SnapChat? Ignorant without news alerts?

Don’t you ever long for the days when a phone was just a phone??

Ok, probably not, but come on, there were some pretty cool things about the mobile phones of yore…

Take a trip down memory lane with our Top 10:

10. Being able to change the actual phone casing.

Imagine if you could take the casing off your iPhone 6 and replace it with a camouflage or glittery case… mindblowing!

9. Getting an antenna that would flash when the phone rang.

It was like a party in your pocket!

8. That handy hole for your lanyard...

Or for girly decorations that were bulkier than the phone itself!

7. Not having to worry about dropping your phone.

Back in the day, dropping your phone didn't result in heart palpitations. Heart attack rates have probably skyrocketed since the invention of the glass screen.

6. Sending files to random people on the train.

You could send a funny image to a random Bluetooth user and make their day! It was always fun trying to work out who you’d sent it to by watching for a confused expression.

5. The flip and slide.

Don’t you miss that satisfying feeling of flipping or sliding your phone open to take a call?

4. Long, long battery life.

Seriously though, it used to last ALL WEEK!

3. Snake 1 - not 2.

Before it got updated to include mazes and scary bugs, all you had to worry about was running into your own tail and dying. So addictive!

2. Polyphonic ringtones.

They sounded like real songs… sort of. And you could buy all the latest hits!

1. Predictive Texting (T9) on your alpha numeric keypad.

After years of having to press the number 7 key four times to get a single ‘S’, this was life-changing! Sure, you would often miss the word you wanted and have to scroll down the list again - but predictive was still cooler!

Feeling nostalgic for Nokia? Or thanking your lucky stars you live in the age of touch screens?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
My brother had one of them - or the 3315 or 3330 (pretty much the same thing). He dropped it from the top of the stairs, it fell on the tiles and broke into about 7 different pieces. Both covers, battery, number pad - everything. He put it back together, turn on... good as new.
I admit I may or may not have of used my Nokia as a weapon before.... lol

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I admit I may or may not have of used my Nokia as a weapon before.... lol
I knew this guy who had one and he couldn't turn it on. Outside Church, he'd peg it hard against the brick wall, and it would turn on lol.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I knew this guy who had one and he couldn't turn it on. Outside Church, he'd peg it hard against the brick wall, and it would turn on lol.
Worst thing that would happen was the back cover and the battery come out and