The Formula One Thread

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
More retarded than the 100 plus Schuey beer gogle posts from the same poster in this thread..? The comment I think has a fair bit of tongue and cheek attched and aimed at the relentless Schuey fanboy dribble.
Exactly

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I love Steven Bradbury. People can give him all the memes and shit they like, and he can always say "I have an Olympic Gold Medal caarnt, how many do you have!"8-)
100%, winning is winning no matter how you win if within the rules.

But that's the funny thing with Rodzilla, all he had to say back to me was "The record shows Schumacher won the championship in 94&95 and that's all that matters" but he didn't, he got triggered and started with the "if only this and if only that"..."and Schuy this and Schuy that, and he could of won 10 titles if it wasn't for this and that..." 'then started to bring down other legends in the past when clearly you really can't compare eras especially in that sport with so many changes.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

But that's the funny thing with Rodzilla, all he had to say back to me was "The record shows Schumacher won the championship in 94&95 and that's all that matters" but he didn't, he got triggered and started with the "if only this and if only that"..."and Schuy this and Schuy that, and he could of won 10 titles if it wasn't for this and that..." 'then started to bring down other legends in the past when clearly you really can't compare eras especially in that sport with so many changes.
Thats pretty much why I stopped talking motorsport with him.. The "Goat" is always a tough discussion in any sport but it gets even harder in motorsport for heaps of reasons. Money has always caused issues with many better drivers denied seats in all catergories because some other bloke has a rich daddy or massive sponsor. It also plays a huge role in F1 with the best funded teams always having the best cars meaning only a couple of drivers get the advantage. The machinery would need to all be indentical to 100% say 1 driver was clearly better in any era.

Ferrari spent over $1billion to finally achieve the 5 championship success they had with Schuey and Mercedes have done pretty much the same during the Hamilton/Rosberg era. Everyone has their favourite driver and a case for why they are or were the best. Fangio to me has the greatest record based on the number of different cars and teams he won races and championships for, against top shelf competition during F1's deadleist era. But, I am a Senna fan probably because I actually watched his career whereas I have only watched old recordiings of the great Fangio so I have them at a tie.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score

you are the one who got triggered and still can't handle what was said, bringing it up in other threads and again here

you must be one of those senna fans who are jealous that senna died and schumacher succeeded

ferrari have usually had the biggest budget in f1 and only have 1 non schumacher title since 1979 to show for it and all of them tried it, mansell, prost, vettel, alonso, only schumacher delivered the goods

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Thats pretty much why I stopped talking motorsport with him.. The "Goat" is always a tough discussion in any sport but it gets even harder in motorsport for heaps of reasons. Money has always caused issues with many better drivers denied seats in all catergories because some other bloke has a rich daddy or massive sponsor. It also plays a huge role in F1 with the best funded teams always having the best cars meaning only a couple of drivers get the advantage. The machinery would need to all be indentical to 100% say 1 driver was clearly better in any era.

Ferrari spent over $1billion to finally achieve the 5 championship success they had with Schuey and Mercedes have done pretty much the same during the Hamilton/Rosberg era. Everyone has their favourite driver and a case for why they are or were the best. Fangio to me has the greatest record based on the number of different cars and teams he won races and championships for, against top shelf competition during F1's deadleist era. But, I am a Senna fan probably because I actually watched his career whereas I have only watched old recordiings of the great Fangio so I have them at a tie.
haha fangio raced against top shelf competition?, you mean 55 year old men? gentleman drivers and a jazz trumpeter?

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
haha fangio raced against top shelf competition?, you mean 55 year old men? gentleman drivers and a jazz trumpeter?
This dumb comment shows just how little you know or understand about Motorsport and/or Grand Prix. Absolute dribble…

Reaction score
ferrari's best ever driver? Alberto Ascari. Ferrari's one and only native driver ever to win the championship, and along with schumacher the only 2 drivers to win back to back titles for ferrari.

there's only been 4 drivers to hold the most f1 championships record with ascari being the og kicking off that history, briefly holding the record before fangio took it and held it for almost 50 years, with schumacher then taking the record. schumacher has to hold the record till 2050 to equal fangio's feats in holding this record, and even then there's an asterix on it as he shares it with hamilton and is not the overall holder

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
ferrari's best ever driver? Alberto Ascari. Ferrari's one and only native driver ever to win the championship, and along with schumacher the only 2 drivers to win back to back titles for ferrari.

there's only been 4 drivers to hold the most f1 championships record with ascari being the og kicking off that history, briefly holding the record before fangio took it and held it for almost 50 years, with schumacher then taking the record. schumacher has to hold the record till 2050 to equal fangio's feats in holding this record, and even then there's an asterix on it as he shares it with hamilton and is not the overall holder
100%

Jack Brabham, Stirling Moss, Mike Hawthorn and Gueseppi Farina where all pretty handy as well...

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
you are the one who got triggered and still can't handle what was said, bringing it up in other threads and again here

you must be one of those senna fans who are jealous that senna died and schumacher succeeded

ferrari have usually had the biggest budget in f1 and only have 1 non schumacher title since 1979 to show for it and all of them tried it, mansell, prost, vettel, alonso, only schumacher delivered the goods
hahahahahahahahaha

Schumacher = Steven Bradbury of F1 94 & 95

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I love Steven Bradbury. People can give him all the memes and shit they like, and he can always say "I have an Olympic Gold Medal caarnt, how many do you have!"8-)
Plus he was the first athlete from Australia and also the Southern Hemisphere to win a Winter Olympic gold medal!

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
... "I am not trying to compare myself to Fangio - you cannot compare someone like Fangio with the present day," Schumacher said after the race, "He is on a level much higher than I see myself. There is absolutely no comparison." What he did stands alone and what we have achieved is also unique. I have such respect for what he achieved."

"Juan Manuel Fangio in my mind is the greatest driver that’s ever lived,” the 81-year-old Jackie Stewart added. “

“Fangio is the Godfather of the sport and for us drivers,” Hamilton said.

"For me, its only Fangio" Aryton Senna.

And then there is this never to be forgotten qoute below... :tearsofjoy:

Last edited:

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score

oh ascari another 50 year old man, maybe that era of f1 had so many deaths because the drivers died of old age inside the car and then the car crashed, or maybe they dosed off for a moment

why exactly does schumacher need to hold the record for 50 years to equal fangio? the main thing is the number of championships not the length of time you hold the record for the number of championships, i suspect you only brought that up because its the only thing fangio has left, schumacher has surpassed fangio and no amount of spinning can turn that around

F1 was a primitive sport back then with fangio like a leading jockey getting his pick of the best cars each year and sometimes switching mid season, if thats not enough of an advantage then he also needed teammates to give him their cars including when one was in contention to win the title himself, so put an asterisk down for fangio

Last edited:

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
oh ascari another 50 year old man, maybe that era of f1 had so many deaths because the drivers died of old age inside the car and then the car crashed, or maybe they dosed off for a moment

why exactly does schumacher need to hold the record for 50 years to equal fangio? the main thing is the number of championships not the length of time you hold the record for the number of championships, i suspect you only brought that up because its the only thing fangio has left, schumacher has surpassed fangio and no amount of spinning can turn that around

F1 was a primitive sport back then with fangio like a leading jockey getting his pick of the best cars each year and sometimes switching mid season, if thats not enough of an advantage then he also needed teammates to give him their cars including when one was in contention to win the title himself, so put an asterisk down for fangio
Schumacher, Senna, Stewart, Hamilton = 20 World Titles between them and all agree Fangio is the “GOAT”

Rodzllla = 0 World titles and zero idea is a goat..

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
wait ascari wasn't the 50 year old man, that was farina, i was confused because ascari had manboobs like a 50 year old man, he was only in his mid 30's

F1 was easy as shit back then and a no contest racing against 55 year old men, like wilt chamberlain scoring 100 against some shorter white guys, i count brabham years as when it reached some decent level of competition

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
100%

Jack Brabham, Stirling Moss, Mike Hawthorn and Gueseppi Farina where all pretty handy as well...
so call fangio the best of those few guys except brabham, i don't know why youve got him there

the world championship back then should be renamed 'the small contest between fangio, moss, hawthorn and 50 year old farina'

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
1956 italian gp title decider, fangio was stuck in the pits and lost 15 laps, received teammates car and somehow was back on the lead lap

as i said F1 was a piece of trash back then and the wild west

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Another absolute gem of a quote from the motorsport comedian,

as i said F1 was a piece of trash back then and the wild west
Open cockpit, no seat belt or fire proof suit, Leather skull caps, devon slice tyres, drum brakes, bus size steering wheels, hay bales, trees and 160 mile an hour..

They were real mean, all of them. No private jets, PA's, personal trainers, and media managers, they were race car drivers.