The Formula One Thread

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
i'm enjoying watching the F1 this season, alot of decent drivers atm. but you're 100% right, so sick of seeing hamilton lol
Me too, for the first time in a long time. I am definitely sick of Hamilton but happy that Verstappen is giving him a run for his money.

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Like others have said, enjoying the season thus far but totally over the Hamilton/Merc/Toto dominance but at the same time I cannot stand anything RedBull. However, Max is a champion in waiting.

I'm enjoying seeing McLaren doing well and Lando is also something special. Haas on the other hand, they're just waiting for MazeSPIN SNR to buy the team. Racing Point has gone backwards as too Vettel whereas Alpha Tauiri have surprised at some events.

Can't wait for Baku, Azerbaijan as one of my favourite tracks and for some better race times rather than middle of the night.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Even though I find it the most boring race track it was great to see Max win at Monaco and Hamilton getting stuck back in 7th. Now Max is leading the championship.

On a side note, how bout Leclerc getting pole towards the end of qualifying then putting the car into the wall shortly after, which then put him out of the race the next day as the car was still having issues.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even though I find it the most boring race track it was great to see Max win at Monaco and Hamilton getting stuck back in 7th. Now Max is leading the championship.

On a side note, how bout Leclerc getting pole towards the end of qualifying then putting the car into the wall shortly after, which then put him out of the race the next day as the car was still having issues.
Yeah Monaco is easily the most boring track on the calendar. What is the point of having a circuit where overtaking is impossible? They just keep it because of "tradition". It's a waste of a race

How fucking stupid are Ferrari? After a big crash like that they didn't bother checking the car properly which resulted in them not identifying Leclerc's broken driveshaft. You can guarantee Mercedes or Red Bull would have spotted it. Ferrari are run by a bunch of amateurs. I was looking forward to seeing a Ferrari finally get a win

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Agreed re Monaco. Very pedestrian and one way traffic. But how good is it to see Mercedes struggle for a change.

Will also be interesting to see what happens to Red Bulls performance after the Rear Flex Wing issue.

Bring on Baku!

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agreed re Monaco. Very pedestrian and one way traffic. But how good is it to see Mercedes struggle for a change.

Will also be interesting to see what happens to Red Bulls performance after the Rear Flex Wing issue.

Bring on Baku!
Yep, looking forward to the next race. What's the latest on the Rear Flex Wing? last I heard there wasn't an issue apart from Mercedes having a sook about them.

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yep, looking forward to the next race. What's the latest on the Rear Flex Wing? last I heard there wasn't an issue apart from Mercedes having a sook about them.
It passes the FIAs Flex Testing and is allowed for use in Baku. Baku will also act as a study for the FIA in regards to the wing.

However, after Baku it needs to be changed for the following French GP. Horner has come out saying it will cost around $500k to rectify which will put other improvements on the back burner.

Ferrari, Red Bull and someone else have been using Flex Wins and will also need to adapt.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
It passes the FIAs Flex Testing and is allowed for use in Baku. Baku will also act as a study for the FIA in regards to the wing.

However, after Baku it needs to be changed for the following French GP. Horner has come out saying it will cost around $500k to rectify which will put other improvements on the back burner.

Ferrari, Red Bull and someone else have been using Flex Wins and will also need to adapt.
Ok, cheers for the update.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
i laughed so hard seeing Lewis buckling last night.
Interesting race last night. I was devo when Max crashed out with 3 laps to go while in first place but then pissed myself laughing at the restart watching Hamilton completely fuck the first corner and had to keep going straight, and straight to the back of the pack. Max was unfortunate suffering the tire blow out, but Hamilton threw that race away all by himself.

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
i laughed so hard seeing Lewis buckling last night.
Although he go down as one of the best ever, these last few years he has become much more arrogant and up himself so it was an absolute delight seeing him fuck up like a noob playing F1 2020.

Totally devo for Max but also was great to see three different teams on the podium. Anyone see MazaSPIN trying to block/take out Mick Schumy on the last lap?

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Although he go down as one of the best ever, these last few years he has become much more arrogant and up himself so it was an absolute delight seeing him fuck up like a noob playing F1 2020.

Totally devo for Max but also was great to see three different teams on the podium. Anyone see MazaSPIN trying to block/take out Mick Schumy on the last lap?
Your right, Hamilton is definitely up himself and has become arrogant over the last few years. Not a fan at all.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
French GP tonight. Max Verstappen sitting on pole with Lewis, Bottas and Perez in the top 4 in qualifying.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
there is a huge conspiracy to prove that the mercedes isn't the best car and also that red bull are cheats, long time hamilton propaganda artist ted kravitz is working hard on this

hopefully that low downforce set up on the red bull can repel mercedes on the straights

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
there is a huge conspiracy to prove that the mercedes isn't the best car and also that red bull are cheats, long time hamilton propaganda artist ted kravitz is working hard on this

hopefully that low downforce set up on the red bull can repel mercedes on the straights
It seems to. Not a bad race Red Bull with the right strategy claimed 1st and 3rd. Max Verstappen drove like a demon to catch Lewis, who's team stuffed up thinking it was only going to be a one stop race. Bottas losing his shit at his team during the race after getting passed by Verstappen and Perez made me laugh. Suck it Bottas.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
It seems to. Not a bad race Red Bull with the right strategy claimed 1st and 3rd. Max Verstappen drove like a demon to catch Lewis, who's team stuffed up thinking it was only going to be a one stop race. Bottas losing his shit at his team during the race after getting passed by Verstappen and Perez made me laugh. Suck it Bottas.
Mercedes probably knew it was going to be a 2 stop race but red bull beat them to it and then Mercedes can either take the 2nd stop and tuck behind the red bull again or try to stay out, bottas is pissed because he wanted the 2 stop but Mercedes once again treated him like the protection boy for Hamilton

Mercedes were definitely faster but red bull beat them to the punch on both pit stops

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
f1 artificially trying to help lewis break the all time record, they should change the name of the sport to Lewis 1

red bull must now delay their pitstop releases because they are too fast, make no mistake this is a direct response to them beating mercedes that way in the last race

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
f1 artificially trying to help lewis break the all time record, they should change the name of the sport to Lewis 1

red bull must now delay their pitstop releases because they are too fast, make no mistake this is a direct response to them beating mercedes that way in the last race
What a farce that is. Red Bull have gotten too competitive so now they want to change things. Love how the FIA have come out and said we are not targeting any team in particular, yeah right just look at the top 10 fastest pit stops of 2021

Pos.TeamDriverEventTime (sec)
1Red BullVerstappenBAH1.93
2Red BullVerstappenAZE1.98
3Red BullVerstappenPOR1.98
4Red BullPerezBAH2.00
5Red BullVerstappenMCO2.02
6Red BullPerezFRA2.04
7Aston MartinStrollPOR2.08
8WilliamsRussellAZE2.13
9Alfa RomeoRaikkonenAZE2.13
10Aston MartinStrollESP2.16

So first it was the flex wings, which Red Bull used, now this.