The Formula One Thread

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah they are going in reverse order (also with Foxtel you can jump back 30 minutes).

Pretty rushed with interviews, and really awkward when they got off the boat. This CB track is going to grate on me after hearing it for every team.
The crowd behaved pretty well, i was totally expecting a huge boo for RBR.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Wow what a cringefest. The two morons at the boat dock were embarassing and should never be seen again. The smoke cannons scared the shit out of people and were killed after the first few teams. Then there was the rushing of interviews.

A real mess.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Literally just came here to post the same thing... passed away this morning from a clot in the lung.

https://www.fia.com/news/fia-statement-charlie-whiting

FIA Director of Formula One, Charlie Whiting, has sadly passed away this morning (14 March 2019), in Melbourne, aged 66, as the result of a pulmonary embolism, three days before the Australian Grand Prix which will open the F1 season. He began his F1 career in 1977 working at the Hesketh team, then in the 1980s at Brabham. He has been an integral part of the organisation of the FIA Formula One World Championship since he joined the Federation in 1988, and has been the Race Director since 1997.

FIA President Jean Todt said: “It is with immense sadness that I learned of Charlie’s sudden passing. I have known Charlie Whiting for many years and he has been a great Race Director, a central and inimitable figure in Formula One who embodied the ethics and spirit of this fantastic sport. Formula 1 has lost a faithful friend and a charismatic ambassador in Charlie. All my thoughts, those of the FIA and entire motor sport community go out to his family, friends, and all Formula One lovers.”

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
i have big dramas!! my Foxtel box blew up last night in the electrical storm !!!!! devasted ... this has cast a large shadow over my amazing weekend

working on contingencies ..

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow what a cringefest. The two morons at the boat dock were embarassing and should never be seen again. The smoke cannons scared the shit out of people and were killed after the first few teams. Then there was the rushing of interviews.

A real mess.
and how about Lewis Hamilton ... gees that guy just oozes tossa..

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
i have big dramas!! my Foxtel box blew up last night in the electrical storm !!!!! devasted ... this has cast a large shadow over my amazing weekend

working on contingencies ..
Since you are an existing customer, you can watch foxtel online https://watch.foxtel.com.au ..If ya got a smart tv or chromecast etc you can obviously watch in ya lounge room or wherever.

Reactions: GDR

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Since you are an existing customer, you can watch foxtel online https://watch.foxtel.com.au ..If ya got a smart tv or chromecast etc you can obviously watch in ya lounge room or wherever.
I asked my sister for her spare box .. just to be safe with the bad weather, I don't want internet problems dropping put mid stream

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I asked my sister for her spare box .. just to be safe with the bad weather, I don't want internet problems dropping put mid stream
Yep just too much awesome sport on this weekend to have that happen

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
That's how I always watch Foxtel :grinning: Works via Chromecast on TV if you have one as well (I don't I just use PCs).

It will do HD but not the 4K streaming.

Not sure that will work. Old boxes had cards, newer ones I *think* authenticate via MAC address and IP. I don't think you can change accounts simply using login information.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's how I always watch Foxtel :grinning: Works via Chromecast on TV if you have one as well (I don't I just use PCs).

It will do HD but not the 4K streaming.

Not sure that will work. Old boxes had cards, newer ones I *think* authenticate via MAC address and IP. I don't think you can change accounts simply using login information.
we have old boxes

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I know it's only practice and times don't always mean that much, but those williams cars are way off the pace, i was really hoping they might by some miracle join in (even at the bottom end) of the midfield pack.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know it's only practice and times don't always mean that much, but those williams cars are way off the pace, i was really hoping they might by some miracle join in (even at the bottom end) of the midfield pack.
Bit concerned about Ferrari also... Could be a case of sand bagging.. but Williams are certainly not sand bagging...

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Bit concerned about Ferrari also... Could be a case of sand bagging.. but Williams are certainly not sand bagging...
You don’t show your hand until Quali bro. Practice is just practice. Forza Ferrari!

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I'll be shocked if they are that far off mercedes come tomorrow, they quite often start the weekend slowly and than dial the car in on Saturday. Either way going to be interesting tomorrow, i really hope it was just sandbagging.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Ferrari def hiding their pace dw lol.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If it turns into Formula Mercedes again I can see fans switching off in droves, considering the big noise made about 2019 aero packages bringing teams closer together.

I find it hard to believe that one team could be over a second or two faster than other front runners.

I can however believe Williams being a lot slower as they don't have the development that top tier teams do.