The Formula One Thread

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I just recorded it and got up early on public holiday Monday to watch it .. happy Ferrari got up , but other than that ... boring as it gets .. azerbajan best race of the season so far.
I actually enjoyed Monaco (Dans drive), China (Dans insane double overtake) and Spain (because I like the circuit) as well.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Dan will get 2-3 times that you'd think.

Fuck Williams were rubbish in qualifying in France ... they've gone backwards this year and I feel need to fuck off both pay drivers and get capable drivers instead.

Speaking of France.. track is ugly as sin.. all the blue and red shit is hard on the eye trying to watch..

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Dan will get 2-3 times that you'd think.

Fuck Williams were rubbish in qualifying in France ... they've gone backwards this year and I feel need to fuck off both pay drivers and get capable drivers instead.

Speaking of France.. track is ugly as sin.. all the blue and red shit is hard on the eye trying to watch..
I legit had to take my eyes away from the screen a few times, it is just terrible with those bloody blue/red lines. Yeah williams have gone backwards with two very ordinary pay drivers and to be fair a very ordinary car as well. McLaren will most likely do far better in the race tonight than their starting positions, but not even making it out of Q3 last night was equally appalling, unlike williams these guys have big resources behind them and pretty capable drivers, they can't hide behind honda's woes anymore.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I legit had to take my eyes away from the screen a few times, it is just terrible with those bloody blue/red lines. Yeah williams have gone backwards with two very ordinary pay drivers and to be fair a very ordinary car as well. McLaren will most likely do far better in the race tonight than their starting positions, but not even making it out of Q3 last night was equally appalling, unlike williams these guys have big resources behind them and pretty capable drivers, they can't hide behind honda's woes anymore.
I was reading that apparently it's a test track and not really designed for anything but testing. The lines are varied abrasiveness of ashphalt (instead of gravel run offs), and the track has state of the art barriers instead of tyre walls.

If a driver runs onto the red, the abrasiveness will destroy the tyre to a point it needs replacing..

Should have stuck to Mangy-Cours instead... that still has it's Grade 1 license and was just renewed.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I was reading that apparently it's a test track and not really designed for anything but testing. The lines are varied abrasiveness of ashphalt (instead of gravel run offs), and the track has state of the art barriers instead of tyre walls.

If a driver runs onto the red, the abrasiveness will destroy the tyre to a point it needs replacing..

Should have stuck to Mangy-Cours instead... that still has it's Grade 1 license and was just renewed.
It is crazy how many different configurations that paul ricard circuit can have. It couldn't be any easy circuit to drive on, there are so few points of reference on that track.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It is crazy how many different configurations that paul ricard circuit can have. It couldn't be any easy circuit to drive on, there are so few points of reference on that track.
Yeah that and the lines make it ridculous for TV coverage.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Stupid racing from vettel last night, not only gave away a bucket load of points, he also allowed hamilton to just turn his brand new rocket motor right down and prolong its life for future races.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Average race in all honesty. Chaos at the start.... then pretty average after that. I don't really like the course.

https://twitter.com/SkySportsF1/status/1010838872111157248
Geez one of the greatest tantrums ever captured on team radio or a driver just pushed way beyond his limit?
Arjun is a rubbish driver... he'll be gone next year back into obscurity.

If he didn't have family that had raced in the past he'd never be where he is now. Was shit in GP3 as well.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Could be an interesting quali, Renault have finally come up with their own party mode for qualifying. Funny how within one week of RedBull announcing they are leaving, Renault introduce the long awaited mgu-k and also a party mode for quali. Renault are trolling RedBull big time lol

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Danish fans are so easy to trigger... you just mention Max Verstappen crashing and they get all salty :D

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Danish fans are so easy to trigger... you just mention Max Verstappen crashing and they get all salty :D
I always find you just mention the word dan and fucking boom, snowflakes exploding all over the place with them, even when max is getting the better of him lol

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I always find you just mention the word dan and fucking boom, snowflakes exploding all over the place with them, even when max is getting the better of him lol
I know it's hilarious.... they are happy to hammer Dan and claim Max is a better driver, but you have a dig about a crash and they go nuts.

There was a video the other day on social media of Max Verstappen driving the new F1 2018 game (which looks shit). All I said was "Rumour has it shortly after Max started playing even the computer crashed".... Within 15 minutes it was Dutchies going off their tits at me LOL.

In other news ... Grosjean just binned it in FP1 at Silverstone and will miss FP2 (no shit.. his wheel is at right angles to the car!!). From the radio messages sounded like he forgot to disable DRS coming into a bend, got it all wrong, and punted the fence hard.

Also Max's gearbox has shit itself in practice..

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I know it's hilarious.... they are happy to hammer Dan and claim Max is a better driver, but you have a dig about a crash and they go nuts.

There was a video the other day on social media of Max Verstappen driving the new F1 2018 game (which looks shit). All I said was "Rumour has it shortly after Max started playing even the computer crashed".... Within 15 minutes it was Dutchies going off their tits at me LOL.

In other news ... Grosjean just binned it in FP1 at Silverstone and will miss FP2 (no shit.. his wheel is at right angles to the car!!). From the radio messages sounded like he forgot to disable DRS coming into a bend, got it all wrong, and punted the fence hard.

Also Max's gearbox has shit itself in practice..
Crash goes max again lol