News The forgotten players: Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Solomon Haumono . . . . .Hard to criticise any man for chasing after “the pleasure machine “ Gabrielle Richens. !!

Last edited:

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hugely underated dogs players
Steve reardon
Gavin whittaker ( great bloke)
Steve hage
Jason williams very underated winger
Gary connelly
Robert relf
What about paul doolan! Would give baz a run for his money in the looks department.
Yes Reardo he was a true heart and soul player also a fucking ripper bloke, Relfy gave his all a deadset ripper that guy..still clearly remember that miracle pass to Rod Silva 1998 we don't win without that "offload of the year"

Jason Williams too was great I agree, he was quick too and a great finisher the cuzzy.

A guy who I also met on the mines early 2010s Luke Goodwin had some brilliance in a brief burst with the Dogs..also a really good bloke.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Don’t forget Holdsworth.!! Forgotten, not underrated :grinning: always liked the bloke..!!!

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barry (aggro) Ward....talk about run it straight, he was always good for 2 decent hit ups

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brian battese travis norton big jared hickey glen nissan and that half played mostly reserves when turvey was our first choice then he went to the steelers from memory

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scott Tronc, Queenslander if I recall correctly?
He and Bruce McGuire from the tigers. They did exceptional to help fill a void for 2 years until the next crop of juniors where ready for first grade.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
A couple of players left off that list were Brett Howland and Paul Rauhihi who both signed with us for the 2001 season! Brett Howland was signed from Cronulla where he enjoyed success on the wing playing for the Sharks and had blistering speed but never really clicked with us! Paul Raihihi was brilliant for us, we signed him from Newcastle as a front rower and loved him in the blue and white! Was very sad losing him to the Cowboys only after two seasons with us.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brian battese travis norton big jared hickey glen nissan and that half played mostly reserves when turvey was our first choice then he went to the steelers from memory
Think you're referring to Mal Creevy. I recall he replaced turvey whilst suspended and Creevy blitzed it. Turvey was relegated to reserves until creevy got injured.
Think he went to the tigers a season or two later and ended his career at Steelers.
Great player for the dogs. Shame he was stuck behind one of our greatest ever.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
That half was Mal Creevy aka the mouse. Went to the Tigers. Sadly he was killed in a car accident in the early 2000's. The bloke who told me I played touch footy against. Wayne Clay front rower mainly in reserve grade.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tim Winatana, from the great 2008 team...

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Think you're referring to Mal Creevy. I recall he replaced turvey whilst suspended and Creevy blitzed it. Turvey was relegated to reserves until creevy got injured.
Think he went to the tigers a season or two later and ended his career at Steelers.
Great player for the dogs. Shame he was stuck behind one of our greatest ever.
he ended up getting killed in a car crash in WA some years back