CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
BREAKING NEWS from the flog

Due to the counter offer the Canberra Raiders presented Cotric as they were informed he’d sign with the Wests Tigers, I’ve been told the contract has been signed officially and the news will be released within the next couple of days.

Nick’s preference was to stay within Sydney, but as both the Bulldogs and himself were offered more $ by Canberra it was enough to override his original stance.
He's getting MORE money now? Lol

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe Hodgson goes to Eels for 2022 Cotric goes to Raiders & Mahoney comes to us for 2022.

I know for fact that many Raiders players are off big time with coach Ricky Stuart, especially Hodgson.

Last edited:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
BREAKING NEWS from the flog

Due to the counter offer the Canberra Raiders presented Cotric as they were informed he’d sign with the Wests Tigers, I’ve been told the contract has been signed officially and the news will be released within the next couple of days.

Nick’s preference was to stay within Sydney, but as both the Bulldogs and himself were offered more $ by Canberra it was enough to override his original stance.
“More $” makes no sense unless Canbra are paying us AND paying him more, WTF would they do that. Why pay us anything at all, when they could just pay Cotric the same as his contract value with us. We would then benefit from having him off our Cap, totally.

Without a contract upgrade, which seems pretty farkin unlikely, whoever he signs with won‘t matter $’s wise to Cotric, he’ll get paid the same amount. The only variable is how much we contribute and WTF should Cotric care about that?

Fails the logic test.

Always a Bulldog

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
“More $” makes no sense unless Canbra are paying us AND paying him more, WTF would they do that. Why pay us anything at all, when they could just pay Cotric the same as his contract value with us. We would then benefit from having him off our Cap, totally.

Without a contract upgrade, which seems pretty farkin unlikely, whoever he signs with won‘t matter $’s wise to Cotric, he’ll get paid the same amount. The only variable is how much we contribute and WTF should Cotric care about that?

Fails the logic test.

Always a Bulldog
I would hazard a guess the "genius" that wrote this shit has misworded that bit, i sort of assumed reading it that IF he is gone the Raiders will pay us out at a higher rate than the Tigers so it's better for us and also assume he prefers going there to the Tigers anyway.
As you said it defies logic they would pay him any more $$$ though.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Fails the logic test.

Always a Bulldog
If it is accurate I assume the extra may be in years after 22. Is there an expectation that the cap will go up in 23? If there is an SC increase it may be on the assumption of that. Not saying I agree or know this to be the case..

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
If it is accurate I assume the extra may be in years after 22. Is there an expectation that the cap will go up in 23? If there is an SC increase it may be on the assumption of that. Not saying I agree or know this to be the case.
Cotric has a contract with us for 2022 and 2023, which many seem to think is too high, so I'm not sure why Canbra would want to pay him even more. My view is there is only one variable, how much (if anything) we have to contribute. I can't see how much we contribute having any bearing on where (if anywhere) Cotric decides to go.

Always a Bulldog