Rumour The forgotten man nrl rumours on Facebook

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Judging by the training sessions so far they all seem to be having great fun together, not a single sour puss in sight.

But why now, what's the farkin rush? There are 12 months that can be used to free up even more Cap space than the 9 players off contract in 2023 release if we need it. Who knows, Dufty might end up being so good in 2022 that we can extend him for peanuts plus a bit, or even peanuts x 2. Plus one of our 42 halfbacks might just train and play well enough that we don't need to pay $big externally.

Far too many IF's currently.

Always as Bulldog
I dont disagree. I also would prefer both players are with us in 22.
Its just that Gus has made it clear he believes we need to have our spine as highest paid players and it looks like he is intent on achieving this.
None of us know the exact figures of our cap. I would hope we dont have to clear the decks just yet

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont disagree. I also would prefer both players are with us in 22.
Its just that Gus has made it clear he believes we need to have our spine as highest paid players and it looks like he is intent on achieving this.
None of us know the exact figures of our cap. I would hope we dont have to clear the decks just yet
I don’t think we’ll be in a position where we need to clear decks. It’s about taking an opportunity to make adjustments. If players are wanted and they are on good money then it makes sense to cut a deal with whoever wants them at that time. Supply and demand!

Ripley

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don’t think we’ll be in a position where we need to clear decks. It’s about taking an opportunity to make adjustments. If players are wanted and they are on good money then it makes sense to cut a deal with whoever wants them at that time. Supply and demand!
That’s it and what nobody considers.

If you’ve made the decision there’s players you’d like to move on for SC reasons then you take the acceptable offer when it’s there. Because it may not be at a time that more suits you.

‘23 may be when it more suits us, but if ‘22 is when the offer’s there take it or lose it.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We know there's been very questionable player signings and retention. We have paid stupid money to average players.

We made some good signings in 2019 for 21 but some haven't performed or are on way overs.

It takes time to rebuild a roster and become a development club and get all the jig saw puzzle working to make the sc work in presenting a Top 8 then Top 4 then Premiership winning team.

Gus has done it all before. There is no better credentialed mover and shaker in the NRL.

We are not in a position to yet criticise any of his plans and remedies to take this club out of the doldrums. He has the 100% backing of our Admin, Board (and Baz one would imagine).

We have to accept that these are just rumours, or part of the plan.

He will execute that plan, which would be under the supervision and full authority of the Board.

We don't know the ins and outs of the contracts already in place and going forward.

Let him get on with it with our blessing.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would think that Barrat would want the best players the cap can allow for 22 - unless he has some success in 22 he will be under enormous pressure to keep his job in 23. I dont believe he is in a position to be building or 2023 at the expense of any level of success in 2022

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We know there's been very questionable player signings and retention. We have paid stupid money to average players.

We made some good signings in 2019 for 21 but some haven't performed or are on way overs.

It takes time to rebuild a roster and become a development club and get all the jig saw puzzle working to make the sc work in presenting a Top 8 then Top 4 then Premiership winning team.

Gus has done it all before. There is no better credentialed mover and shaker in the NRL.

We are not in a position to yet criticise any of his plans and remedies to take this club out of the doldrums. He has the 100% backing of our Admin, Board (and Baz one would imagine).

We have to accept that these are just rumours, or part of the plan.

He will execute that plan, which would be under the supervision and full authority of the Board.

We don't know the ins and outs of the contracts already in place and going forward.

Let him get on with it with our blessing.
Well said

Gus has done an amazing job in re-building our squad to the extent he has in such a short time.

We have now got so much more quality and depth in our top 30.

This time last year we had players in our top 30 I'd never heard or seen before...Tyrone Harding, James Roumanous etc

Gus knows what he is doing. He knows what has to be done. He knows the true value of a player, a position etc .

I'm just enjoying the ride and positivity after years of crap

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd f..king hate to see Cotric or Thompson go to the Roosters. What a f..king joke that would be. I'd rather see us get a little less even for them to go to the Tigers. If they both go we better get something out of it. Either Mahoney or Kikau for 2022 or Paulo also for 2023

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
@Yougra "I'm just enjoying the ride and positivity after years of crap."

That's where I'm at too.

Of course we don't want to lose Cotric OR Thompson in an ideal world. Who would?

But I can see they have a plan and want the best for the CB Bulldogs just as passionately as us supporters.

They are making those decisions with the full picture before them, so I guess that's the way they see the future working out.

Last edited:

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gus is doing a great job, I get it, Luke is on massive money, with the new signings for 23 something has to give, if Luke gets suspended don’t pay him whilst he’s out, he,ll soon learn and potentially free up some cap space
I am hoping he will be there next season, he will kill it !
Thats the point in all of this for me. If your highest paid forward is missing 6-10 games a year through suspension, then he either needs to get his shit sorted or find himself in the "shop window" as you mentioned.
Personally, I love the guy. I was stoked when we signed him, and look forward to watching him help bring the doggies back to the top where they belong. But by the same token, if he was moved on I would understand the logic and not hold it against the club.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know the rumour doesn't say Thompson to roosters but you just know if they did get him, all of a sudden he'd never get put on report and would hardly miss a game. These rumours better be fkn bullshit. We need a strong 22, they can re negotiate next year if they have to

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The flog is back at it with BREAKING NEWS!

It’s been brought to my attention that within the last 48 hours the Canberra Raiders have come in with an improved 11th hour bid for Nick Cotric to try lure him away from the Tigers as they were told he’d sign with them.

The club view him as an important piece to there future plans and won’t give up without a fight, this latest counter offer is something Nick Cotric is very very seriously weighing up due to $

The Wests Tigers spearheaded by Tim Sheens seem composed with being firm with there original offer due to cap management.

A spanner thrown into the works here, both parties still a chance tho remains to be seen who Nick goes with at this stage. Nothing official yet!

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heres what I reckon:

Raiders are hoping to move Hodgson or Bailey Simmonsen on, and hoping that Parra make a play for Hodgson. If they do they'll allow Hodgson to leave this year, clearing the way for Cotric.

However Parra aren't sold on Hodgson and looking at other options to replace Mahoney, potentially only looking in 2022 when more hookers become available.

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
BREAKING NEWS from the flog

Due to the counter offer the Canberra Raiders presented Cotric as they were informed he’d sign with the Wests Tigers, I’ve been told the contract has been signed officially and the news will be released within the next couple of days.

Nick’s preference was to stay within Sydney, but as both the Bulldogs and himself were offered more $ by Canberra it was enough to override his original stance.

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Believe it when it's OFFICIAL and then I wanna fucken know what their spending his money on for '22 ...
Exactly. If it's true, then either someone is coming earlier than expected, or someone else is being hunted... But at this stage, there is far too much bullshit being peddled to believe anything, until it's official.