Rumour The forgotten man nrl rumours on Facebook

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
How does losing Thompson to get Kikau put us in a strong position?
we’d be a world class prop short and Hetho is always suspended and TPJ is one crusher tackle away from a month off.
Feels like we are crashing back to reality after an exciting few weeks
Thompson isn't a world class prop and is more likely to get suspended than the other two.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My disappointment in all this is that Thompson plays the game the way we need to strive to play.

When you are trying to reinvent the way your forwards advance the line, you need these guys to help facilitate that playing style.

Kikau is good on his day but its clear as daylight that he needs to be dragged rather take initiative himself.

Losing Thompson right now i feel will hurt us badly. I really want to see him and Mahoney play in the same team as i reckon they can revolutionise the way our forwards attack.

Actros

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The tigers forum doesnt seem to have any inside info on this, purely speculation from the same article posted here. Maybe @Actros can shed some light?

Also; LOL @ tigpies fans 'tim sheens is having that gus gould effect'
Gus is just doing what he needs to do I suppose
Tommo 100% is not going to the tigers

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This is it for me. If no kikau no Mahoney for 22 then fuck releasing anyone.

We are compliant. Yes we welcome
To big (much needed additions) for 22.

I have no doubt we can afford them both with most likely rfm being let go. We sacked Elliott and haven’t replaced him. Asiata was a minimum wage that got sacked before starting.

Throw in wakeham, doorey, Stimson, Vaughan, dufty, king.

Now the struggle being anticipated is no doubt dufty and Vaughan kicking on.

Now what if dufty flops? What if Vaughan flops?

What if Thompson wants to go Home at end of season for whatever?

What if hetho doesn’t take his option? Jacko retires?

People say Thompson gets suspended for farting. Pangai and hetho close to this if not worse.

Let’s not fucking ruin 2022 letting two of our best players back. Give them a go with a decent roster.

Both are unfairly treated considering last season Thompson had fick all help.

Cotric the same.

Let’s see how they go with blokes like burton Jac Pangai etc about. Then Kikau and Mahoney ? Fucking hey!
Look like someone realised that Christmas is still far away, and held back from drinking early good on ya bud ohh and great post

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
There’s plenty of enquiries about him from the other clubs after Gus keeps continually putting him in the shop window, so he ain’t that bad !
He isn't bad and in the right team I think he's potentially one of the most damaging running forwards when you're playing with momentum. I just think given our recent signings and potential signings we probably need to move a back and forward on. Cotric/Allan are the obvious backs with Cotric being the most attractive to other clubs while Thompson/Jackson are the two forwards with Thompson being the more attractive option.

Actros

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He isn't bad and in the right team I think he's potentially one of the most damaging running forwards when you're playing with momentum. I just think given our recent signings and potential signings we probably need to move a back and forward on. Cotric/Allan are the obvious backs with Cotric being the most attractive to other clubs while Thompson/Jackson are the two forwards with Thompson being the more attractive option.
Gus is doing a great job, I get it, Luke is on massive money, with the new signings for 23 something has to give, if Luke gets suspended don’t pay him whilst he’s out, he,ll soon learn and potentially free up some cap space
I am hoping he will be there next season, he will kill it !

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus is just doing what he needs to do I suppose
Tommo 100% is not going to the tigers
but the real question is, is he staying (like all of us here want him to!)?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
We are the Bulldogs FFS.
We have games to win in 2022.
We have fans who demand results, NOW, we have already put up with far too much for far too long.
We have sponsor/advertisers who have paid additional for the 2022 season on the basis that we will win more games and as a result be on prime time broadcasts more often.
The 2022 season is make or break for Barrett, poor results and his NRL coaching career is over. Same applies to pretty much the whole football staff.
Not so much for Gould, but everyone expects substantial improvements in 2022.

I don't see how giving up quality player/s for 2022 and not getting quality player/s in return for 2022 is a good idea. If Cotric and Thompson are attractive to other teams for 2022 then they will still be attractive to other teams for 2023. They are both off contract for 2024, so it's only 2023, one farkin year, that is affected. I just don't see why we should fark up 2022 just for 2023, especially when we have 12 months to fix 2023 anyway. Plus we still have 9 players off contract for 2023 so there is already scope without doing anything drastic.

Always a Bulldog

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Gus is doing a great job, I get it, Luke is on massive money, with the new signings for 23 something has to give, if Luke gets suspended don’t pay him whilst he’s out, he,ll soon learn and potentially free up some cap space
I am hoping he will be there next season, he will kill it !
He's defenitely in a better position next season with us, he will have bigger bodies in Vaughan and TPJ to play off while Patolo will hopefully continue his development and become another. The suspension thing probably isn't fair, he's targeted now and with the way loading works here the simplest charge will carry a suspension for him.

I'd like to keep him, we haven't seen the best of him and we're stronger with him than without him next season....but I also want to win a premiership and restructuring our roster asap is probably the quickest path there. Anyway at least I have Liverpool scoring 3+ every couple of days to get me through this Bulldog drought :tearsofjoy:

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are the Bulldogs FFS.
We have games to win in 2022.
We have fans who demand results, NOW, we have already put up with far too much for far too long.
We have sponsor/advertisers who have paid additional for the 2022 season on the basis that we will win more games and as a result be on prime time broadcasts more often.
The 2022 season is make or break for Barrett, poor results and his NRL coaching career is over. Same applies to pretty much the whole football staff.
Not so much for Gould, but everyone expects substantial improvements in 2022.

I don't see how giving up quality player/s for 2022 and not getting quality player/s in return for 2022 is a good idea. If Cotric and Thompson are attractive to other teams for 2022 then they will still be attractive to other teams for 2023. They are both off contract for 2024, so it's only 2023, one farkin year, that is affected. I just don't see why we should fark up 2022 just for 2023, especially when we have 12 months to fix 2023 anyway. Plus we still have 9 players off contract for 2023 so there is already scope without doing anything drastic.

Always a Bulldog
I think your sentiment is shared by most on here. There could be other factors in the background that aren't coming to light (maybe some players have turned on each other and dont get along) - who knows?

What we do know for 2023 is that we will have 2 spine positions locked-in (Mahoney, Burton). We still need to lock in a fullback and half-back so maybe thats why Gus is keen to free up the cash.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I think your sentiment is shared by most on here. There could be other factors in the background that aren't coming to light (maybe some players have turned on each other and dont get along) - who knows?
Judging by the training sessions so far they all seem to be having great fun together, not a single sour puss in sight.

What we do know for 2023 is that we will have 2 spine positions locked-in (Mahoney, Burton). We still need to lock in a fullback and half-back so maybe thats why Gus is keen to free up the cash.
But why now, what's the farkin rush? There are 12 months that can be used to free up even more Cap space than the 9 players off contract in 2023 release if we need it. Who knows, Dufty might end up being so good in 2022 that we can extend him for peanuts plus a bit, or even peanuts x 2. Plus one of our 42 halfbacks might just train and play well enough that we don't need to pay $big externally.

Far too many IF's currently.

Always as Bulldog