The Football Thread (For all Football/Soccer talk)

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
fucking Leicester htf do you concede 2 goals in a minute to lose the game

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
2021:

Ronaldo: 47 goals
Messi: 43 goals
Salah: 39 goals

Ronaldo even has a trophy to his name in 2021.

There is levels to this.
Tell me you don't actually watch games without telling me you don't actually watch games.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tell me you don't actually watch games without telling me you don't actually watch games.
Did you watch Serie A or La Liga to watch Ronaldo or Messi? Because I watched quite a few of their games and both carried their teams from January-June. Both won trophies, both performed superbly for their national teams.

No one is saying Salah isn’t great, but we are talking about the best attacker over a calendar year.

Ronaldo and Messi also rank #1 and #2 for scoring the most deceive goals for their teams in 2021.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Did you watch Serie A or La Liga to watch Ronaldo or Messi? Because I watched quite a few of their games and both carried their teams from January-June. Both won trophies, both performed superbly for their national teams.

No one is saying Salah isn’t great, but we are talking about the best attacker over a calendar year.

Ronaldo and Messi also rank #1 and #2 for scoring the most deceive goals for their teams in 2021.
Your stats are wrong & cup goals don't count.

Messi has scored a total of 41 League & UCL goals since July 2020.
Ronaldo has scored a total of 47 League & UCL goals since July 2020.
Salah has scored a total of 51 League & UCL goals since July 2020.

Mo Salah has way more assists than both and they both spent the majority of their time in weaker leagues.

Anyone that actually says they played better than Mo Salah the past year I lose all respect for their football/soccer opinion.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Your stats are wrong & cup goals don't count.

Messi has scored a total of 41 League & UCL goals since July 2020.
Ronaldo has scored a total of 47 League & UCL goals since July 2020.
Salah has scored a total of 51 League & UCL goals since July 2020.

Mo Salah has way more assists than both and they both spent the majority of their time in weaker leagues.

Anyone that actually says they played better than Mo Salah the past year I lose all respect for their football/soccer opinion.
What are you on about. July 2020 was 18 months ago?

1st of January - 31st of December. Football awards are always based on the calendar year. You did well to leave out international football too, I guess it makes sense since Salah scored only 2 goals for Egypt across the whole year.

Whether stylistically you think Salah brings more to the table, it doesnt matter, at the end of the day its about who plays the most deciding role for their team. Its about trophies, scoring the winning goals and creating chances.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
What are you on about. July 2020 was 18 months ago?

1st of January - 31st of December. Football awards are always based on the calendar year. You did well to leave out international football too, I guess it makes sense since Salah scored only 2 goals for Egypt across the whole year.

Whether stylistically you think Salah brings more to the table, it doesnt matter, at the end of the day its about who plays the most deciding role for their team. Its about trophies, scoring the winning goals and creating chances.
I know when the awards are counted for. I was showing you how wrong your stats were.

I'm out on this convo. Don't respect your soccer opinion so wont waste my time anymore.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Rodgers doing what Rodgers does best, choking in a grand way .
Leicester managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
barca selling dembele this transfer window now, wonder who will even want to sign him with his injury history

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He won’t go there, he believes he is an elite player deserving of playing for an elite club.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
barca selling dembele this transfer window now, wonder who will even want to sign him with his injury history
He will have to reduce his wages but I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up in Italy, Juve need to rebuild their squad. Or he could end up in Paris as Mbappes replacement.