The Football Thread (For all Football/Soccer talk)

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
well hopefully we can play the 2nd leg of the semi final nxt wk without any disruptions
Yeah, and a week rest lol.

Funny how so many Arsenal supporters were calling out Liverpool when we had 10+ covid cases at the time but happy for Arsenal to have theirs called off because of 1.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
west ham losing to leeds has made 4th spot wide open now
Top 4 is going to be a really interesting battle actually. West Ham. Spurs. Arsenal. And even United. All for one spot.

You'd think United would be favourites tbh. Though, I have liked what I've seen from Arsenal.

It's a hard one to pick.

chemdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Top 4 is going to be a really interesting battle actually. West Ham. Spurs. Arsenal. And even United. All for one spot.

You'd think United would be favourites tbh. Though, I have liked what I've seen from Arsenal.

It's a hard one to pick.
if united dont make any signings in January to fix there midfield they wont get top 4. if we somehow manage to get Vlahovic and another midfielder this window i think we'll get top 4

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
if united dont make any signings in January to fix there midfield they wont get top 4. if we somehow manage to get Vlahovic and another midfielder this window i think we'll get top 4
Surely United will get a midfielder though? Am surprised they haven't already and is a bit mad ...

It usually takes some time for new signings to settle in, so I wouldn't put too much faith into new signings changing things around. Based on the way you're currently playing, I do think Arsenal have a better chance than United but United definitely have the better squad?

chemdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Surely United will get a midfielder though? Am surprised they haven't already and is a bit mad ...

It usually takes some time for new signings to settle in, so I wouldn't put too much faith into new signings changing things around. Based on the way you're currently playing, I do think Arsenal have a better chance than United but United definitely have the better squad?
on paper they have the better players than us but they aren't playing how they should be playing like last season

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just heard about the Spurs/Gunners postponement yesterday.. What a joke of a situation. One player out with Covid and they get a game postponed when other clubs have played with up to a dozen players out with Covid and had to play.

Injuries and African Cup don't count as every team deals with that. Spurs have every right to be pissed as does every other club.

chemdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just heard about the Spurs/Gunners postponement yesterday.. What a joke of a situation. One player out with Covid and they get a game postponed when other clubs have played with up to a dozen players out with Covid and had to play.

Injuries and African Cup don't count as every team deals with that. Spurs have every right to be pissed as does every other club.
blame the premier league for allowing it in the first place, they need to amend that rule they have atm so clubs don't exploit it now and it was actually 2 covid cases not 1

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
blame the premier league for allowing it in the first place, they need to amend that rule they have atm so clubs don't exploit it now and it was actually 2 covid cases not 1
I am blaming the Premier League.. 2 cases still isn't enough to justify a postponement.

chemdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The reason people are talking about Arsenal is that you've openly said it's not about Covid. 2 cases isn't enough.

Of course the EPL set a precedent but ...
says injuries in there squad as well burnley when there under 23s played the other day as well

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
says injuries in there squad as well burnley when there under 23s played the other day as well
Agree. But more than 2 cases of Covid. Was 1 when you first applied from memory.

Don't take this personally mate as it's not an Arsenal thing. Said from the beginning the EPL made a massive mistake with this whole thing, which is what we're seeing now.

chemdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agree. But more than 2 cases of Covid. Was 1 when you first applied from memory.

Don't take this personally mate as it's not an Arsenal thing. Said from the beginning the EPL made a massive mistake with this whole thing, which is what we're seeing now.
covid wasnt the main excuse for us it was more the injuries and not being able to field a team that meets the 13 outfield players and 1 gk requirements to play the game. we lost 4 players out of the liverpool game which could of been prevented if liverpool didn't have the game post poned the previous wk

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
covid wasnt the main excuse for us it was more the injuries and not being able to field a team that meets the 13 outfield players and 1 gk requirements to play the game. we lost 4 players out of the liverpool game which could of been prevented if liverpool didn't have the game post poned the previous wk
Ah, that's exactly the point, isn't it?

Why can you get the game postponed when you've had injuries? That's mental. How many clubs over the years could've postponed the games? We had 0 players available for one game last year, and had to play our youth.

I get with Covid. It's just the way it is.

But, Arsenal are getting it postponed because of injuries. It's not right and it's not football.

Shit. You've just sent 4 players out on loan FFS!

how you've been allowed to do this is beyond me, it really is.

chemdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ah, that's exactly the point, isn't it?

Why can you get the game postponed when you've had injuries? That's mental. How many clubs over the years could've postponed the games? We had 0 players available for one game last year, and had to play our youth.

I get with Covid. It's just the way it is.

But, Arsenal are getting it postponed because of injuries. It's not right and it's not football.

Shit. You've just sent 4 players out on loan FFS!

how you've been allowed to do this is beyond me, it really is.
its all on the premier league for having this allowed in there rules. hopefully by end of January they say tough luck and force teams to play unless its a serious covid outbreak of 5 or more players

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Image1642489539.597834.jpg

As voted by 19k pro footballers from around the world