The Football Thread (For all Football/Soccer talk)

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Also point out that edersons foot is there BEFORE odegaards. Odegaard steps on ederson, if it is a foul it should be given to city.
And the #clowntakes continue.

Why is it every man and his dog can see it as a penalty, especially when the other one was given, but you can't?

Oh, it's because some Liverpool supporters have claimed it's not right that this wasn't a penalty and the other one was.

#obsessed

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
And the #clowntakes continue.

Why is it every man and his dog can see it as a penalty, especially when the other one was given, but you can't?

Oh, it's because some Liverpool supporters have claimed it's not right that this wasn't a penalty and the other one was.

#obsessed

Every man and his dog = Arsenal supporters and Liverpool supporters who want city to drop points

Clowntakes

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Every man and his dog = Arsenal supporters and Liverpool supporters who want city to drop points

Clowntakes
Every Man U friend I've spoken to has said the same as me about the penalty. Neutrals.

You're literary the first person I've come across that feels that both decisions were correct.

So, yes. Clowntake without a doubt and obvious attempt at trolling from you

Shame as it's good to see you back on here but imagine you're just here to stir shit up?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It reminds me when we had a similar thing in the NRL. Each week the video refs would screw up a call, it would be all over the media, everyone would be watching closely and criticising every slight fuck up, the refs would get nervous and make more fuck ups.
Makes sense. Must be a heap of pressure on refs now but I think the issue is that they're in no way held accountable for their actions?

If they at least had to explain some of their decisions I'd be ok with it. Refs make mistakes but VAR missing all of these things?

Something has to change as VAR should be helping with the nerves surely? Not making it worse

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Every Man U friend I've spoken to has said the same as me about the penalty. Neutrals.

You're literary the first person I've come across that feels that both decisions were correct.

So, yes. Clowntake without a doubt and obvious attempt at trolling from you

Shame as it's good to see you back on here but imagine you're just here to stir shit up?
#clowntakes

Go read the thread and see United fans taking the piss out of a Liverpool supporter who started a thread on it

Sure your United mates

sam snee

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
City fan here
Tbh arsenal where the better team on the night
The penalty decision I thought was correct he did get tugged by the shirt,arsenal had their chance for a second unlucky arsenal they should be proud they mixed it with the big boys and had it not been for the red card then more than likely they could have won Gabriel had nine to blame but himself for that red grubby tactics got him the yellow when he was scruffing the penalty spot,felt arsenal but unlucky but I’m a city boy and we 11 points clear so common citeh !

chemdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Makes sense. Must be a heap of pressure on refs now but I think the issue is that they're in no way held accountable for their actions?

If they at least had to explain some of their decisions I'd be ok with it. Refs make mistakes but VAR missing all of these things?

Something has to change as VAR should be helping with the nerves surely? Not making it worse
I feel as though the refs should be checking the monitor for majority of 50/50 decisions instead of having it as it is now with the clear and obvious error

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
City fan here
The penalty decision I thought was correct he did get tugged by the shirt,arsenal had their chance for a second unlucky arsenal they should be proud they mixed it with the big boys and had it not been for the red card then more than likely they could have won Gabriel had nine to blame but himself for that red grubby tactics got him the yellow when he was scruffing the penalty spot,felt arsenal but unlucky but I’m a city boy and we 11 points clear so common citeh !
Arsenal have themselves to blame agree. They lost their heads and made some stupid tackles/bookings. Doesn't help that martinelli missed a sitter.

City looked rubbish from start to finish. Maybe a bit of fatigue setting in?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Arsenal have themselves to blame agree. They lost their heads and made some stupid tackles/bookings. Doesn't help that martinelli missed a sitter.

Because Arsenal actually gave it to them. City don't like it when teams come at them. Unfortunately most the league sit back and give City time on the ball and they love that, they're masters at unlocking the defence.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

In the NRL they ended up sacking most of the video ref's and brought in new ones. That's when Luke Patten became a video ref.

But they also brought in the bunker so they would have 3 ref's conferring. That didn't help.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
City fan here
The tug was definitely a dive but that doesn't really matter. The fact that he tugged was the reason Arsenal copped it. No tug, no dive, no penalty.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Geez Chelsea have slipped the last month
Playing poor etc
Started season on fire, but have seemed to hit some bad form
How long until they bounce back?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
#clowntakes

Go read the thread and see United fans taking the piss out of a Liverpool supporter who started a thread on it

Sure your United mates

Wow. You have proved that ... United fans are idiots. Who'd have thought?

Humorous thing is that you still don't seem to get the point..

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The tug was definitely a dive but that doesn't really matter. The fact that he tugged was the reason Arsenal copped it. No tug, no dive, no penalty.
Personally feel it could've gone either way. Seen them not given before.

The point I think most people try and make is that if you're giving that then surely both need to be given penalties?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Actually agree with this and said it previously. At end of the day Arsenal lost their heads but will learn from it. Even tho they got robbed in many aspects they brought it upon themselves with the red and giving away control of the game

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Because Arsenal actually gave it to them. City don't like it when teams come at them. Unfortunately most the league sit back and give City time on the ball and they love that, they're masters at unlocking the defence.
Why don't more teams do that? Give it to city that is

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Personally feel it could've gone either way. Seen them not given before.

The point I think most people try and make is that if you're giving that then surely both need to be given penalties?
100%

These mistakes are easy to make though, but still should have been both or neither.