The Football Thread (For all Football/Soccer talk)

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Man U probably don't get enough credit for the players they develop... besides maybe the Class of '92
Love those other clubs modelling a buisness around bringing through quality youth then selling
And how they consistently do it year after year is incredible

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love those other clubs modelling a buisness around bringing through quality youth then selling
And how they consistently do it year after year is incredible
the amount of money that has come into the game just changed everything and clubs like Ajax and Benfica and Borussia Dortmund have had to adapt... and they have adapted well

all three are former European Champions but on a financial basis can no longer compete with the biggest clubs in Europe anymore and so have redefined themselves

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fuck I hate the EPL. Seriously.

This whole thing about players coming back from international duty, and the EPL refusing to move the matches to a later time slot. Just fucking selfish from their side of things.

Spain?

Real Madrid v Ath. Bilbao
Granada v Atl. Madrid

Both games postponed because of players returning late from South American teams.

Fucking EPL. Gotta start looking after their players as it's not right.

Paul Depodesta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Fuck I hate the EPL. Seriously.

This whole thing about players coming back from international duty, and the EPL refusing to move the matches to a later time slot. Just fucking selfish from their side of things.

Spain?

Real Madrid v Ath. Bilbao
Granada v Atl. Madrid

Both games postponed because of players returning late from South American teams.

Fucking EPL. Gotta start looking after their players as it's not right.
They play so many games and need to be looked after
my option toughest league in the world, and expected to do things no other league does! just Silly

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Last edited:

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chelsea will lose more than just 1 match. They already have 1 loss to Man city and there will be a few more losses.
only 4 goals conceded all season? :sweatsmile::sweatsmile:
They are good team but not a great team. A team that plays on the counter with their priority not to concede.
Did you say a “supercomputer “ predicted the ladder? :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
Chelsea clearly look to set up well, absorb pressure with 3 CBs and two CMs and then break effectively with their wingbacks and technical footballers going forward (bar Lukaku) and hopefully take their chances... what they have not shown thus far under Tuchel is whether they are able to play differently in big matches against big teams

had City been more clinical at Stamford Bridge, they'd have put 3-4 on Chelsea

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Chelsea clearly look to set up well, absorb pressure with 3 CBs and two CMs and then break effectively with their wingbacks and technical footballers going forward (bar Lukaku) and hopefully take their chances... what they have not shown thus far under Tuchel is whether they are able to play differently in big matches against big teams

had City been more clinical at Stamford Bridge, they'd have put 3-4 on Chelsea
Guardiola has worked them out early how to beat them convincingly, unfortunately for him though he had to lose the CL final to them to discover the way to beat them.
By the way , I’m not a fan of the football Chelsea play. I prefer more enterprising teams going forward.

Last edited:

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guardiola has worked early how to beat them convingly, unfortunately for him though he had to lose the CL final to them to discover the way to best them.
By the way , I’m not a fan of the football Chelsea play. I prefer more enterprising teams going forward.
the recent Liverpool vs Manchester City match was awesome to watch and showed that they are the two best sides in England as to manner of play... and by a distance

Chelsea have too many quality players to continue playing on the counter though and Abramovich gets sick of his managers quick enough

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Honestly want Newcastle to relegated. Can't stand the love in for them.

Liverpools owners sign up to a European Super League and we get treated like criminals by Sky and the like, Newcastle’s owners are criminals of the highest order and everyone is celebrating, the mind boggles.

To fuck with this sport sometimes. To fuck with it.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I was under the impression that the UK govt had vetoed the sale to the Saudis because of their history .
Anyway, Newcastle won’t be getting relegated because they will be punting Steve Bruce soon which will open the door for him to replace Ole at Man Utd .

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I was under the impression that the UK govt had vetoed the sale to the Saudis because of their history .
Anyway, Newcastle won’t be getting relegated because they will be punting Steve Bruce soon which will open the door for him to replace Ole at Man Utd .
It's actually funny but I read somewhere that Newcastle is interested in Ole! Fuck me. From Bruce to Ole. Would love that.

Football is dead tbh. All about money. That's it. FFP was the last resemblance of anything remotely resembling fairness but FIFA fucked that up also and then put the guy who breached all those regulations on their committee as chairman.

Football in England is dead. Best to go watch in Germany where the fans actually mean something

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Tell you what. This new superleague format looks pretty damned good I've got to say. I'd definitely run with that!

-NO permanent members.
-Clubs qualify based on domestic performances.
-20 clubs, all European Leagues will be given a chance to qualify.
-A second division of the league with 20 other teams.
-The Super League will supply fans with financial help in order to attend away games and will strictly limit ticket prices.

Way better than before without a doubt.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
“Suarez benched, Kondogbia is playing as part of the back line today due to the multiple injuries in defence.”

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
TEAM: Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson; Henderson, Keita, Milner; Salah, Firmino, Mane.

SUBS: Kelleher, Adrian, Fabinho, Konate, Gomez, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Minamino, Jota, Tsimikas, Origi, Phillips, Williams

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
TEAM: Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson; Henderson, Keita, Milner; Salah, Firmino, Mane.

SUBS: Kelleher, Adrian, Fabinho, Konate, Gomez, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Minamino, Jota, Tsimikas, Origi, Phillips, Williams
Wrong thread, no? ;)

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Tell you what. This new superleague format looks pretty damned good I've got to say. I'd definitely run with that!

-NO permanent members.
-Clubs qualify based on domestic performances.
-20 clubs, all European Leagues will be given a chance to qualify.
-A second division of the league with 20 other teams.
-The Super League will supply fans with financial help in order to attend away games and will strictly limit ticket prices.

Way better than before without a doubt.
FIFA have just said they're going to go ahead with the world cup every 2 years now? I mean, it's absolutely mental.