JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For all the arabs.. bezalla ou rez.

FMD - :mask:

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I don’t hate it but I reckon crab is massively overrated. My reason is by the time you fuck around trying to get to the god dam meat you have a minuscule taste and your like yeah it was sweet tasting a bit salty as well.. Not bad but not worth it.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I had an account from the really early days. Signed up (was this place around in 04?) anyway signed up posted 3 or 4 times and didn’t come back to it to 2012 long forgot my password and even username. I think it had something to do with Sonic because that was a common username I used in various forums back in the day..
Yeah this forum was created I think in 03, and was very active in 04.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I don’t hate it but I reckon crab is massively overrated. My reason is by the time you fuck around trying to get to the god dam meat you have a minuscule taste and your like yeah it was sweet tasting a bit salty as well.. Not bad but not worth it.
I love all crustaceans - especially the Balmain Bug :yum:

When it comes to crab though, I prefer to eat them via either crab stick or seafood salad - where the shelling is already done for you. Same goes for prawns, I love them as cocktails or Prawn Kebabs (yes, they exist).

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Yeah this forum was created I think in 03, and was very active in 04.
Yeah I would have signed up due to the hype in that year I’m guessing. Would love to know what I posted about.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Olives. Just can't do it. I've tried every couple of years to be an adult and eat this shit and the flavour is just too powerful. Olive oil is fine though.

Tomatoes. Hate the wet and seedy texture in this case with no flavour at all. In saying that, I love tomato sauce, paste and anything else you can create with tomatoes haha.
What about a hybrid of both the above - stuffed olives? Olives stuffed with tomatoes :yum:

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I love all crustaceans - especially the Balmain Bug :yum:

When it comes to crab though, I prefer to eat them via either crab stick or seafood salad - where the shelling is already done for you. Same goes for prawns, I love them as cocktails or Prawn Kebabs (yes, they exist).

Yep I agree hate peeling prawns but if the works done they are the best. Never go to Harry’s Singapore Chilli Mud Crab joint in Sydney. So overpriced so much work soooo much mess. Not enjoyable.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Yep I agree hate peeling prawns but if the works done they are the best. Never go to Harry’s Singapore Chilli Mud Crab joint in Sydney. So overpriced so much work soooo much mess. Not enjoyable.
Shit, thanks for the heads-up - I work very close to there, literally 3 mins from Museum station. Well.. these days we're all working from the same roof we sleep under though lol.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Shit, thanks for the heads-up - I work very close to there, literally 3 mins from Museum station. Well.. these days we're all working from the same roof we sleep under though lol.
Im a building manager so get to still lucky enough to get to come into the city every day which before this thing I loved to complain about. It’s weird when you get perspective..

Wahesh

Reaction score
Im a building manager so get to still lucky enough to get to come into the city every day which before this thing I loved to complain about. It’s weird when you get perspective..
I know what you mean mate. My friend is a building manager in our head office in Central, and the poor bugger has to arrange IT equipment, office chairs, and all sorts of other things for employees in the building who are now working from home. To put it in perspective for you, the building houses 1800 people daily, and these days, only 150 are in the building. So she's been tasked with helping 1000+ people get their monitors and office chairs to their home. Something that shouldn't be an issue with everyone having laptops.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I know what you mean mate. My friend is a building manager in our head office in Central, and the poor bugger has to arrange IT equipment, office chairs, and all sorts of other things for employees in the building who are now working from home. To put it in perspective for you, the building houses 1800 people daily, and these days, only 150 are in the building. So she's been tasked with helping 1000+ people get their monitors and office chairs to their home. Something that shouldn't be an issue with everyone having laptops.
At least she is busy I guess. I’m on the opposite end my building is a similar size except we have both the Indian Visa office and Bangladesh Consulate General here so our regular foot traffic let alone tenants is normally mega but because all that’s shit is closed down I’m sitting in a building with about 35 people in it doing not that much..

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Olives. Just can't do it. I've tried every couple of years to be an adult and eat this shit and the flavour is just too powerful. Olive oil is fine though.

Tomatoes. Hate the wet and seedy texture in this case with no flavour at all. In saying that, I love tomato sauce, paste and anything else you can create with tomatoes haha.
I always hated olives until I started eating proper olives (the ones you get from markets or from the deli section of Coles/Woolies). Marinated in chili and garlic. Awesome things.

I blame my dad 'cause he always eats olives from a jar. Jar olives are horrible things.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I always hated olives until I started eating proper olives (the ones you get from markets or from the deli section of Coles/Woolies). Marinated in chili and garlic. Awesome things.

I blame my dad 'cause he always eats olives from a jar. Jar olives are horrible things.
Kalamata Olives pitted on top of your standard garden salad with a little bit of the dressing from the jar you buying them in sprinkled on top make a huge difference.

Another thing is the Greek black olives are delicious when you wrap them with a tiny bit of Lebanese bread.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Kalamata Olives pitted on top of your standard garden salad with a little bit of the dressing from the jar you buying them in sprinkled on top make a huge difference.

Another thing is the Greek black olives are delicious when you wrap them with a tiny bit of Lebanese bread.
I prefer green stuffed olives but I use Kalamata olives with sundried tomatoes to make an olive tapanade

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If you eat them often enough you can get pretty efficient with getting the meat out. I'm not saying that I am efficient at it. But a friend in Queensland eats crabs at least once a week that he catches on his boat. I watched him plough through about 4 crabs while I was still getting through my first one.

I'm pretty quick with de-shelling prawns now. It's still a pain to go through the effort. But the reward is worth it to me.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that Guzman Gomez place is no good.

It's like slop , just goo and slop. Don't know how people eat it

They should serve it up in prisons around the globe to punish the inmates for their crimes,

The prison inmates will be begging to get the old slop mashed potato back.