Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah crazy hot.
I ditched my planned 90 mins too.
Only did 50 min.
That heat dramatically effects heart rate so don’t let it bother you. 20 km is rock solid bro

were you running? if so, you are an actual maniac haha

yeah I'm not overly fussed... I'm not training for anything... The fact I did 50km on Christmas eve made it easy for the novelty to wear off pretty quick... when a cooler day rolls around I'm gonna have a crack at 80km

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Going to make more of an effort in 2019 to get fit. Borrowing an exercise bike of my folks (because they bought a cheapie years ago and have never used it).

Perfect on days like this where it's too damn hot to be outside.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Going to make more of an effort in 2019 to get fit. Borrowing an exercise bike of my folks (because they bought a cheapie years ago and have never used it).

Perfect on days like this where it's too damn hot to be outside.

you got an industrial fan? or you just cranking the air con? I'm not much of a gym guy, but this is why I get a pass for summer... they got the mad air con haha

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
you got an industrial fan? or you just cranking the air con? I'm not much of a gym guy, but this is why I get a pass for summer... they got the mad air con haha
Cranking the AC ... otherwise known as "preparing to be raped by AGL next bill because I haven't changed to another supplier yet".

Changing to Red very soon it appears though as they drop usage rates once you hit the first like 20kwH on average per day.. or something like that.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you don't have a gym membership how are you meant to get fit?
Better have another beer.
Too hot to go outside.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
41 kms ... farking hell!!

I'd walk that in a week these days!
I didn't even plan that... got about 15km and just started calculating a longer route in my head... my PB is 63km which was Rosebery to Homebush return, through Dulwich Hill etc

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I didn't even plan that... got about 15km and just started calculating a longer route in my head... my PB is 63km which was Rosebery to Homebush return, through Dulwich Hill etc
I think the most I've personally done was maybe 20 kms during Vivid.. something like that. Or about 8-10kms through bushland on a NPWS Grade 5 rated track.

I have to be careful walking long distances as my ankle gets a little bit stuffed after a while and starts aching even with my hiking boots on (thanks to supermanning off a bike years ago trying to show off to my wife how big a skid I could do... all was going well, speed was up there.. only problem was I hit the front not rear brakes and catapulted myself through the air, smashing my ankle at right ankles into the road and ending up with ankle syndemosis and posterior tibilais damage).

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think the most I've personally done was maybe 20 kms during Vivid.. something like that. Or about 8-10kms through bushland on a NPWS Grade 5 rated track.

I have to be careful walking long distances as my ankle gets a little bit stuffed after a while and starts aching even with my hiking boots on (thanks to supermanning off a bike years ago trying to show off to my wife how big a skid I could do... all was going well, speed was up there.. only problem was I hit the front not rear brakes and catapulted myself through the air, smashing my ankle at right ankles into the road and ending up with ankle syndemosis and posterior tibilais damage).

I shouldn't laugh, but fuck that's good.. definitely one for the grandkids... just sucks that it caused long-term damage...

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well done.
You weren’t tempted to do the full marathon distance 42.2 kms???
Massive effort
wasn't thinking about that tbh... I've done over 42.2 before on two occasions though

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I shouldn't laugh, but fuck that's good.. definitely one for the grandkids... just sucks that it caused long-term damage...
Wife was suitably impressed. Stillto this day I think I chipped something off the bone because I watied like 3 months to get it looked at LOL.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wife was suitably impressed. Stillto this day I think I chipped something off the bone because I watied like 3 months to get it looked at LOL.
was it earlier on in the relationship? if so, that's even better haha... you sound like me... I fractured my ankle once and waited forever to go see a doctor

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Trying to get motivated for first gym sesh in 2019 :triumph:

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Running just bores me to tears... and I have never been a runner of any sort of distance anyway. I run 5km a couple of mornings a week and then park run on Sat morning. Not particularly fast though, my best time for 5km is just over 25mins. A mate of mine does it in 17mins the asshole. haha

Currently on a bulk cycle, thought I would see what these peptides are all about now that im getting older haha

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you don't have a gym membership how are you meant to get fit?
Better have another beer.
Too hot to go outside.
I used to lose weight drinking when I lived in the city... street drinking in the Inner West covering so much territory/ sweating it out in the hot sun :sweatsmile:8-)