The Fitness Thread

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Oh to be 28 again. Use to bench 150kg, 45kg dumbbells for bi's and 120kg on the lat machine. Don't have the motivation anymore at 36.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ok I'll be honest, I'm thinking of getting on a cycle, only cause the people that have used it tell me it's like magic, and I've seen people get explosive power and gains, more of a curiosity thing, biggest hurdle is getting over the fact it's a needle, otherwise I believe there is a right way to use
I know 3 people that have used them and all loved them until they realised that they were having some bad side effects. Occasional facial twitches and random bouts of anger were the worst. With one of them I'd go out drinking, someone would tell a joke, someone else would laugh and he'd dive at the person laughing screaming at them saying they were laughing at him.

Plus there's the fact that once you get off them you're muscles become like Jelly. Personally I'd suggest something a little softer. You can get testosterone treatments that still raise your aggression a bit but don't have as many bad side effects as steroids, especially if you use them in small doses. I'd also only suggest any enhancement if you've been working out at least 5 times per week for a year. Taking enhancements when you don't already have a decent routine set in is dangerous. Many people do it and don't see the results they desired, not realising that they're not working out enough to get the results, so they up their dosage which ends up leading to major health problems.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Oh to be 28 again. Use to bench 150kg, 45kg dumbbells for bi's and 120kg on the lat machine. Don't have the motivation anymore at 36.
It's the best if can get back into it ,
I to when I started i trained for 3 year straight (looked good lol) strength was amazing I ended up benching 160kg and I was only 82 kg then I stopped for 10 years now at 35 I have been training for a year and starting to transform again .

Rottie

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I know 3 people that have used them and all loved them until they realised that they were having some bad side effects. Occasional facial twitches and random bouts of anger were the worst. With one of them I'd go out drinking, someone would tell a joke, someone else would laugh and he'd dive at the person laughing screaming at them saying they were laughing at him.

Plus there's the fact that once you get off them you're muscles become like Jelly. Personally I'd suggest something a little softer. You can get testosterone treatments that still raise your aggression a bit but don't have as many bad side effects as steroids, especially if you use them in small doses. I'd also only suggest any enhancement if you've been working out at least 5 times per week for a year. Taking enhancements when you don't already have a decent routine set in is dangerous. Many people do it and don't see the results they desired, not realising that they're not working out enough to get the results, so they up their dosage which ends up leading to major health problems.
Yeah, I've heard a few different stories about roid rage, but at the same time I also hear it's different for each individual, I had a someone tell it amplifies your already set attitude,

Do all your muscles turn to jelly? I'm not sure about that I think what it is, is you lose some of the gains you made and definitely lose some strength, but that's cause a lot of people lose motivation to go gym once they see a little decrease in strength or size, the key is to continue training when you're off cycle,
Ive been training for years now and I'm pretty healthy, if I ever get the balls to get jabbed I would go 1ml/250mg, do you think the test-e is no good, or too strong? I thought it would be one of the better first time cycle, I had an idiot recommend taking tren but that shit is too powerful

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah, I've heard a few different stories about roid rage, but at the same time I also hear it's different for each individual, I had a someone tell it amplifies your already set attitude,

Do all your muscles turn to jelly? I'm not sure about that I think what it is, is you lose some of the gains you made and definitely lose some strength, but that's cause a lot of people lose motivation to go gym once they see a little decrease in strength or size, the key is to continue training when you're off cycle,
Ive been training for years now and I'm pretty healthy, if I ever get the balls to get jabbed I would go 1ml/250mg, do you think the test-e is no good, or too strong? I thought it would be one of the better first time cycle, I had an idiot recommend taking tren but that shit is too powerful
Test-e is better than most from what I hear. Definitely a better first step than the others. I'd still recommend against it but if you do want to go on it then I hear Test-e is one of the better beginner ones.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Post compound leg-break last year my current aim is regaining strength in my lower body. Have worked my way up to 140kg squat for 6 reps. Progress is starting to slow, anyone have any tips on how to keep the numbers heading upwards on a weekly basis?

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Post compound leg-break last year my current aim is regaining strength in my lower body. Have worked my way up to 140kg squat for 6 reps. Progress is starting to slow, anyone have any tips on how to keep the numbers heading upwards on a weekly basis?
Start doing front squats then you will get a massive boost when you go back to normal squats.

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
I was a member of the local Golds Gym until that shut down - wasn't a happy camper over that as I loved that joint.

Have found myself another Gym to join which I am loving.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Sup fat *****

I completed 2x8 week challenges at F45

Dropped 12kgs and 6% body fat

I'm now 70kgs and 16% bf

I want to get back to about 74kgs and 15% bf

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I completed 3 weeks of training in the US of A. 3 burgers per day. I made it to a healthy 110 kgs. Took less than a week back in Australia to drop down to 107 kgs.

It's gonna take some deep fried mars bars and plenty of beer to get me back to my healthy weight.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I completed 3 weeks of training in the US of A. 3 burgers per day. I made it to a healthy 110 kgs. Took less than a week back in Australia to drop down to 107 kgs.

It's gonna take some deep fried mars bars and plenty of beer to get me back to my healthy weight.
Follow your dreams.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I find out on Thursday when I go back to hospital if I'm finally cleared for the gym.

Can't fucking wait to start again. I've lost 65kg (they reckon about 20kg of muscle, don't know how they know that) and all my strength. I'm 85kgs now down from 160kgs and heaps of excess skin which I can't operate on for at least a year after transplant.

I can't even lift my legs enough to jog. I'd love to give this heart a test drive.

Last edited: